Backyard Brawl? What is this zone?

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Cusashorn, Jun 26, 2021.

1. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I'm looking through the RoS achievements and see mention of a Savage Weild: Backyard Brawl. I've... never heard anyone talk about this zone in general chat and I've never seen any way to access this zone anywhere in the zone or from Shar Vahl..

What is this zone?
  2. vlada Active Member

a challenge heroic zone. super difficult. bring a stacked group and 5400R+
    [and fyi its 'backwoods' not 'backyard']
  3. Benj Well-Known Member

It is an incredibly difficult heroic zone. Nobody talks about it because no pick-up group could ever run it. You zone in from Shar Vahl, through the same door that takes you to the Savage Weald overland zone. You must have killed every non-challenge heroic boss at least once in order to see the zone option. There are several reasons to run the zone, but be prepared for the challenge and only bring people you know can handle it. The collection within the zone rewards a 255 possibly best-in-slot ring, and there are some nice white adornments that don't drop anywhere else. Finally, the weekly quest for Backwoods Brawl gives the highest amount of ethereal coins, more than any other dungeon/weekly besides Vex 3.
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Ahh, that would explain why I've never seen the zone-in option.
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Arclite Well-Known Member

The zone is designed for people who know their classes well, have ample level of stats to overcome checks and are able to communicate and coordinate with each other as each fight is scripted with varying levels of involvement by all classes.

The only reason anybody would want to farm this zone is to get that overly long and awful no-trade shiney collection done for the ring and the white adornments (which have little use these days due to melee stats being shoved aside).

Just like all other zones, the itemisation for this zone is completely wrong like with most other zones these days as the gear dropped is nowhere near the quality given the challenge involved. You will be coming in with raid gear and to get items that are lower in stats is just another example of lack of communication between devs.
    Mermut, Virtuosity, Cusashorn and 2 others like this.
  6. Virtuosity Active Member

Its really not a bad zone at all, and has been heavily nerfed so it is more achievable, but as was mentioned, its a script heavy zone that does need decent players and decent toons ... it is a challenge :).
  7. Clintsat Well-Known Member

I do think the zone is much more accessible now and the ring/adorns are worth the effort. Keep in mind that the ring's utility should be viewed as a group-wide benefit, not the bonuses to the individual.

You definitely need to know your class, be able to read dets, etc. to be successful in the zone but it's not too terrible a dps check now.
  8. Standard Member

It's a walk in the park compared to Vex 3. I'm suspecting Chrol is responsible for Vex 3. He is a bad bad person :D
    Breanna likes this.