Back to Eq2 after many years :)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ArieswarEQ, Nov 13, 2012.

1. ArieswarEQ New Member

Hello all :)

Been away from Eq for quite sometime i think i started my first account back in 2006 or something I used to play Eq1 however back in the day the community was not as good as it is today even doh people told me that splitpaw (since i play EU server) aint as crowded as it used to i feal like EQ2 has become better and better with time.

Im thinking that this marble has gone from something that i did not know where it was going to something that needs more PR cause atm Eq2 could prolly be the most enjoyible game out there.

Games i Played:
    Wow since the start(must say i bought pandaria but it was a slap in the face) so i quit and came here.

Swtor (Played it maxed out all characters and totally hated the pvp and dungeon system all in all epic fail when it comes to end game.

Rift (Level 20 and booredom rage quit)

Tera (Grind baby grind "and harcore pvp without choice")

Without making a huge list i played DaoC,Tibia and also a bunch of other games but none of these have the fealing Eq2 does or Eq1 for that matter.

Yesterday i started playing and begun questing in New Hallas (good questline btw) Aslo since being an old player i was given the silver membership wich is good. Now all i whanna say really is that wow i missed alot havent I and i think the main reason for this is that Eu need more Advertisment when it comes to EQ2 cause atm its WoW,Rift and some other games that totally shows everywhere. either way im hoping that Splitpaw will spring to life and that many others like me find there way back to the game aswell.

On a sad note i must add that the price for all Expansions you have to buy is a bit high this might be looked upon badly as your kinda restricted as it is i did not really see a reason for the restrictions when it comes to skills and fabled items ect I must say that I however are suprised over what you hand out for free to the free to play players good work SOE.

So basic things tips from a guy that just came back is:
    1. The price could be quite high if a player wants to play the full deal i think someone sayd 95 dollars that might be alot of money for someone as me that comes from sweden for instance.
    2. Maybe old subbers like myself that bought old expansions and so forth should recieve something more of Value perhaps a cheaper deal on the new expansions i donnu.
    3. Some work on advertisment to get the EU people back to EQ2 :)

Well all this is what i figured from comming back yesterday some things i say here you might think are stupid comming from a player that havent been around for quite some time(Feel free to call me Noob) lol, but still this what i see from comming back atm

Thanks all and im happy to be back :)

Edit: My spelling might not be the best it never is when im typing Brainstorm msg's :p

Aries.
  2. Finora Well-Known Member

First off, welcome back =).

3. Regolas Well-Known Member

Welcome back!

Send me a tell on Splitpaw if you see me on. I'm happy to give you a helping hand.

Agree with most of what you said. Advertising is poor definitely.

You don't need to buy any of the expansions to play to L90.

AoD can help you prior to that with mercs, but hold off buying that for a few weeks if you're tempted as I suspect it will halve in price now CoE is out. All the others are included for free or as part of CoE.

Regolas
  4. flameweaver Well-Known Member

With the free to play setup you'll have all the expansions, excluding DoV (Destiny of Velious) and CoE (Chains of Eternity) - which is being relased today. Buying CoE will net you the DoV expansion for free
    Only thing missing then is AoD (Age of Discovery) last year's feature pack, that provided - amongst other things - mercenaries, reforging and increase in AA (Alternate Advancement) points that can be added to your characters skill to beef up their performance. As DoV and CoE are largely level 80 and upward zones, there's no rush to go out and get them right now and I'd wait a couple of days or so before buying the AoD features pack as there is some forum specultation that the price might come down, though in my view it's worth the price just get the mercs :rolleyes:

Also, the starter quests in all of the level 1 - 20 zones (New Halas, Kelethin, Timourous Deep and Darklight Wood) can be undertaken by all characters, regardless good or evil alignment, although as a good character you migh want to leave Darklight Wood till last just so you can show those Dark Elf guards who's really the boss. It's worth doing all these zones just for the experience and AA points.

If you decide to come back and stay, it's worth considering upgrading to a gold acccount, the sub fee, over 12 months, is significantly less that the race, class, item and spell/combat art unlockers you'll likely need to buy as you progress and level.

This game has changed significantly sonce 2006, welcome back and hope you enjoy the return.

PS, as for the advertisment in the EU, SoE signed a deal with a German company (ProSieben) specifically to advertise SoE games in the EU. Good to see it's having as much impact in Sweden as it is here in the UK.
  5. ArieswarEQ New Member

Thank you so much for your Replies :)

Yes im quite certain im here to stay as i see it Eq2 has the most to offer on the online game front.

One more idea actully i saw on the boards that would boost the PR and so forth is the so called ExP Kronos people been wanting im Certain that if SOE made either SOE CASH (that you can buy expansions for) or make these Exp Kronos they will be alone on the market to be able to say Truly free to play wich will be known world wide at the speed of light.

Also after reading the Removal of cash limit i whanna send a big hug to the developer that made this come true your a saint for all free players out there ;).

Some players been wanting to be able to give away exp as a gift aswell but this is not allowed yet and i think this is worth to look into aswell.

Il make sure to contact anyone wanting to make friends to splitpaw :)
    Also il be telling people to take a look on Eq2 again, with the SOEmote and more of the new thinking im sure that the staff on EQ2 might become more crowded again :p

Aries.