Back to basics

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by kurghan, Jun 17, 2018.

1. kurghan Active Member

I've decided to go back to basics and I am starting a new toon from scratch as I have found it very hard dropping in at lvl 100 without learning how to play a certain class properly. Its very hard to get in groups if you don't know your class well so have been sticking to solo.
    So what I am asking for is do I set out my hot bars in groups of buffs, self, groups, spells and combat arts and later on ascensions?.
    At what level is best to start upgrading spells to expert and is it best to change gear every 10 lvls or so.
    thanks
    I haven't been able to find any info that's less than 4 or 5 years old.
    Kurghan
    Saw-Lau likes this.
  2. Meneltel Well-Known Member

sure, but how you will set up your hotbars depends on you. I keep the ones I use most often grouped (yes, im a mouse clicker and keyboard turner) and lesser ones further way on other bars. I have all the bars im allowed and most of them are full with abilities and some macros (usually RP macros).

I would upgrade your spells when you find a cheap one or if it is one you use every battle, it may be worth upgrading it if not too expensive. Up to you and your coinpurse. And change gear when it drops or is cheap.

Do find a good casual guild (unless you really want to raid, then seek out a raiding guild and see if you can convince them to let you join). They can help with lots of questions, advice on how to play your toon and even some bags or gear.

Good luck! Let us know how you are doing!
    Breanna likes this.
  3. kurghan Active Member

Ty for that
    Will give it a go for a few lvls to see how i get on.
  4. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Every ten levels for gear yes. Until level 95 then every 5 levels.
    Hot bars. I have middle 4 larger then outer ones. Those are normal spells I use. 4 on right for ascension spells and 2 on left for resurrection spells, raid type buffs, etc. Not every day used spells.

Level 100s don't really group much anyway. You will spend a good chunk of time soloing the PoP line and possibly epic 2.0 to 110 and that's good for a lot of people to learn their new character. Also doesn't hurt a bit to read what your spells do and what your AA choices are first.
  5. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Also, understand that some spells/CAs DO NOT get raised after a certain level. You'll usually see that around 35 or so. Use EQ2U or Dragon's Armory to look for those and make sure they don't get overlooked as you start leveling. There's not a lot, but some of them are important and overlooking them is more common than you'd imagine.
    Breanna likes this.