back in a game for a bit but going solo this time to heal.

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Tenchigirl15, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

hi everyone, it's been a couple months since I haven't played EQ2 but allot of stuff in my life has been going on by the beginning of summer.

by the beginning of June when I was training on my new job, I lost my dad from a massive heart attack and now it's hard time to heal for what I'm going though. I was about to plan on doing holiday house swaps after summertime to do TOT and SHHSS, but this time I won't be able to attend.

I'm going to play solo or maybe decorate more houses I started that I never finish. I will chat on homeshow but not as often as I use to.

I'm really hoping in the future if Wizzam comes back on, I hope she would publish her SSHHS17 house so I can see it again because the theme was the train set how my dad set it up every Christmas.

just giving everyone a heads up if anybody is getting worried about about me in the future. I hope everyone understands.

thank you.
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about all your problems. Hope you get to the point of doing ok again.
  3. Karamella Well-Known Member

It's so sad to hear about your loss, Tenchigirl. Take all the time you need to recover and come back to us when you think the time is right. We will be here for you.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  4. Faeonara Well-Known Member

My condolences on the loss of your Dad Tenchigirl I know how devastating to your life that can be . . Please chat when you feel up to it we will be here waiting for you anytime you want to . .I hope you do go ahead and decorate your houses I always find losing myself in what I create in game takes my mind of my worries .Be well, and take care of yourself <hugs>
  5. Febrith Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, the death of a parent is a terrible thing to cope with, I absolutely agree with Fae, losing yourself in the game, even for a little while, can help enormously - God knows it's got me through some bad times! /hugs
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Not just the game itself, but the community as well. I grieve with thee; I've been there too. :(

Uwk
    who also hopes we see Wizzam again before too long
    SierraDawn, Breanna and Karamella like this.
  7. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

thank you all, sorry I didn't reply sooner but I'm so glad everybody understands the pain I'm going though. I feel a little better now since I've been working on my new job and trying to keep positive that my dad is with the Lord and my family that's been passed on. it's been a month now and it's slowly getting better.

for the pass 2 weeks I've been thinking about making an EQ2 memorial house of my dad since I didn't get a chance to save Wizzam's sshhs home back in December (learned my lesson to gotta save houses) to rebuild again.

this is the Plasticville house I was thinking of building, it's not the original that my dad had but it's the same copy and same color.

[IMG]

if anybody wants to help me build let me know, I'm still thinking what house and location to build it on.
  8. elflover Well-Known Member

If you want to on Skyfire i can help with materials and a prestige house to use and publish when your done, just let me know if you want to.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

What did he really like, scenery-wise? The coast, the forests, the mountains? Homey plains? :)

I'm guessing some place that has something of a "yard," rather than a prestige house that's just the house, correct? Hmm...a breakout from one of the 6-room city houses? :)

Uwk
    Rosyposy likes this.
  10. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss. Check your mail Tenchigirl (outlook address used for SSHHS2017). Hugs
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  11. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

sure that will be great, sorry I didn't get a chance to reply, I had crazy hours of work last week. I'm off work tomorrow and will be playing if you want to give me a PM and go from there. ;)

we used to live in the city till I was 8 and we moved by the shore. my dad liked everything that have with a yard in it and he loved doing wildflower and vegetable gardens, also he made his own sprinkler system by PVC pipes. he was like an inventor as a hobby and also was an electrician, we had a shed that was my Aunts and my dad made an office by hand for my parents company back in the 90s, it was sheet rocked and all lighted up that had it's own breaker box. ;)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and elflover like this.
  12. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

just got your email, thank you so much Oaky *hugs*
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Very cool! Gotta love folks who do things by hand, DIY, crafters in RL. :D

Maybe a 6-room Gorowyn break-out? That'd be near a shore (and brighter than the Mistmoore coast ;->). :)

Uwk
    elflover likes this.
  14. elflover Well-Known Member

Left you a pm here hun, ill be in game today and be patient i ninja afk. lol
  15. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

yup, my dad did DIY stuff way before it became popular. tinkerfest items remind of so much of my dad with tools and gear stuff. ;)

thanks for the idea, a spot with the shore sounds like a good idea. do you know if there's more homes that have the shore too then Gorowyn or Mistmoore breakouts? :)
  16. Aneylee Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear about your Dad! Take all the time you need and know that you will be missed.

But we all are here if you need, don't isolate yourself. We all have ears and shoulders :)

Aney~
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  17. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

If possible, you could breakout one of the guildhalls on the Antonica docks and then you would have the shore and the fields outside of Qeynos. Please correct me if I am wrong. I would even make a new character and create a new guild and level it up to do this if it is what I wanted that would accommodate all of the things I wanted.

I feel your pain Tenchi and am sorry for your loss. I lost my mum and grandma March 16 and March 18 in 1999 and March 18 was my grandpa's birthday. It gets to where you can live with it, but if you are like me, I burst into tears randomly even now and some subjects touched on when speaking of my mum and grandma will bring me to tears. Just take things day by day and don't try and follow the people that say get over it already, you heal at your own pace.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oy gods! I won't ask what happened, but that's horrible. :( It's entirely possible that you have trigger events still (I know the feeling, especially with my dad most recently); I've heard that kind of deep grief is like a rock in a stream bed: it doesn't ever go away, it doesn't get much lighter, but it can get more rounded, maybe not quite as sharp any more. :-/ But again, that takes time, and it varies with each person, absolutely. Hugs to you both, Tenchi and Cy! :-/

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Errrrrrr...Vale of Halfpint Delight? Though that's kind of "all shore," mostly. ;)

There are docks at the Oakmyst prestige "land," but that's not a lot of shore, iirc.

I think you can get all the way down to the "coast" in a Freeport 6-room break-out, but it's pretty developed and hemmed in; not as natural as the other options.

The Tenebrous Refuge, Felwithe Mansion, Hua Mein Retreat, and Ethernere Enclave have water features, but they're pretty exclusively fresh water, I think.

Oh! The Researcher's Sanctum has a way to "break out" to the ocean you can see through the big windows in the library, and you can walk right through the windows from the ocean side back indoors. But there's no real "shore" (either there or the Galleon of Dreams prestige place) except for maybe up at the surface, and I'm not sure how "high up" that would be, since it's not really a water feature (no drowning in your toon's backyard ;->), and you still can't fly in that huge place. :-/

Not sure about any of the Maj'Dul places, how far they are away from the beach.

I think the Personal Grotto has an opening to the surface, but that place is ginormous, and most of it seems to be in water-carved caves before you reach the sunlight?

Hmm! Wonder if Rum Runner's Cove is still available...there's also the Tinkerer's Isle! :)

The Snowy Dwelling is a lot like the Vale, in that it's mostly just shore, but you can make additional buildings and houses by extending tiles and other substrates. :)

Storm Tower Isle and Mistmoore (and probably the Freeblood Lair) have always struck me as pretty gloomy, but your mileage may vary. ;->

You can see the shore from the 6-room New Halas place, and can break out all the way down to the docks; I know there's a lot of folks who've mostly built down below there, and very well. If you climb way up on top of the flat roof of the 6-room Qeynos place(s), I think you can see the harbor and water from there, but I'm not sure how to get to Qeynos Harbor, or if it's even possible; the "streets" may fall away beneath your feet, like if you head too deeply into "South Qeynos." Kelethin break-outs would involve just fresh water again; I doubt anyone could make it all the way to the beach of The Nursery. Neriak does have water here and there, but again, it might be too long of a walk from the 6-room places (or Darklight Palace) to the docks.

Oh! The fancy guild halls, yeah; the Antonica one Cyrrena mentioned would probably be the better bet, rather than The Commonlands one, since they have more cliffs than shoreline. :-/

Can't think of anything else at the moment; anyone else know better than I, please help! :D

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.