Baby Templar Needing Solo AA Advice for GU63

Discussion in 'Templar' started by ARCHIVED-jules, Jun 6, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-jules Guest

Hello all

I have a young level 34 templar and I've not actually spent any AA points as I don't want to make a mistake. All the builds for solo/levelling playing are not displaying in Beetny as they are from old GUs. Please could someone either post their solo or levelling build or give me some pointers? I won't be healing in groups until I'm much higher so a dps/survival build is what I'm looking for.

I do have access to a merc but prefer to only use for named fights wherever possible.

Many thanks in advance.
  2. ARCHIVED-Ulrichvon Guest

Step 1) betray inq
    Step 2) spend aa melee aa's and steadfast
    Step 3) level
    Step 4) Betray back to templar if you enjoy playing a weak class with no real benefits.

If you insist on staying with this class. About the only thing that really matters in the solo spec is steadfast so you can't be interupted in heals. After that hire a merc.
  3. ARCHIVED-PeterJohn Guest

Being a templar is not as bad as it used to be with mercenaries available.
    Here is what will get you by just fine for your first 35 AA points...
    http://www.beetny.com/eq2aa/#GU63;j...4a0@41t10050@35
    As you get more AA points, up to 53, build towards this...
    http://www.beetny.com/eq2aa/#GU63;j...a0a001t10050@35
    And keep in mind that it is really easy to reset your AA in this game. Don't feel like you are stuck if you mess up somewhere. There are lots of good solo specs out there for when you have more AA.
  4. ARCHIVED-jules Guest

Many thanks PeterJohn - that's really helpful.

I'm actually on 55 AAs now and planning to lock till 100, what would you suggest for spending AAs up to 100, again for soloing/solo levelling?

Thanks again.
  5. ARCHIVED-SpineDoc Guest

With some AA's templars are pretty decent soloers. I won't deny that you will level MUCH quicker if you temporarily betrayed to an inquisitor, but if you have your heart set on soloing up a templar don't let others steer you away.
  6. ARCHIVED-SpineDoc Guest

jules wrote:
    http://www.beetny.com/eq2aa/#GU63;j...50@350@45050@91
    Assuming you get to level 50 then lock so you can put in the 100AA and start the heroic AAs. Main goals are steadfast, smite wrath and litany. About half to 3/4 of your dps will come from your spells, and also your cast speed will probably be pretty bad with gear at those levels so points in INT are important. One point into the extra encounter AE is also worth it IMO. It's a tossup IMO with either doing STA 4-4-10, or doing STA 4-10-0, or even doing AGI 0-10-0, it all depends on how much of your DPS comes from your weapons.
  7. ARCHIVED-Arielle Nightshade Guest

Don't worry about making a mistake as far as allocating AA's, either. When you talk to the AA counselor she will offer you cards that give you 5 (?) free respecs for both class and subclass. That gives you plenty of time to see what works and what doesn't for you without spending any hard-earned gold to do it.
    Also consider getting a Mirror of Reflected Achievements. In that way you can have a heal spec and a DPS (well sort of) spec stored up and you can swap back and forth ...also without spending money - till you use up the cards and want to change again.
    The trick to spec'ing for any healer is..unfortunately..the fact that there are some abilities that look amazing on paper that are fairly useless in practice. What looks like it would be a really good thing to have ends up never being used, or a worthless waste of points. Most heal classes also have you spend as many as 20 points in useless abilities to actually get to one that's good. No idea why this is..it just is. And they won't change it, either no matter how we beg - so just learn to deal with it.
    Take a look at eq2flames, as well as these boards for AA advice, too. That advice will help you to keep from reinventing the wheel. With the advent of Mercenaries, you don't have to level as an Inquisitor then betray to Templar to be one....but, sadly, most raids would take 6 Inquisitors if they could get away with it (or find that many...). That's this expansion. That could change at a whim - so play what you like.
    SpineDoc's advice is spot-on, IMO.
  8. ARCHIVED-Meatwaggon Guest

Betray. SOE thinks it has fixed templars with the introduction of the prestige abilities, and this class will therefore continue to rot even as one templar after another has expressed disattisfaction with the class over and over again.
  9. ARCHIVED-Thaxlsyssilyaan Guest

Arielle Nightshade wrote:
    My templar can do 40-50k dps on single training dummy with 1 handed, and 60-70k with two handed.
    To OP, check EQu, for Fleurs on storms server for AA tree, and equipement reforge.

But i agree templar are quite broken, i got an raid templar and a non-raid inquisitor, i'm thinking about betraying my templar to inqui too, so i can raid with it, without re-farming all her stuff.