Awesomium!

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Misia, Jul 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grimlust New Member

Okay so i'm a recently returning player and unfortunately I can't even play the game (after the first install / session) When I try to open the EQ2 launcher I immediately get two error windows popping up. Awesomium V1.6.3 has stopped working and then my launcher freezes! Does anyone have ANY clue on how to fix this?? I can't seem to find a solution anywhere. Please help I do love my everquest.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Uncle Active Member

just make sure your security setting/firewall/virus program allow you to use the this evil program in the launcher and no where else and you should be ok
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Irk...yeah, it really sucks, and I can't imagine how we could use the /browser command back in the old days when Awesomium behaved itself and left when LaunchPad.exe did...oh, wait, we could! :D [/sarcasm]

What sort of computer system are you running, Grimlust? Is it Windows XP, Windows Vista, 7, 8? It can make a difference sometimes. :-/

Uwk
  4. Misia Active Member

So, here is what I did. It's worked.

I deleted and reinstalled my Launch Pad (the exe and the folder with some various related files). Now I just have ONE awesomium running. No more problem!
  5. Grimlust New Member

I'm running Window's 7 and if I use the streaming install client instead of the regular launchpad I can log into the game and play. However I hate doing a repair install every time I want to launch EQ2.
  6. Grumpy_Warrior It's a KILT, dang it!

If you reload your UI (type /loadui and choose it from the list), all the awesomium_processes go away until you open the in-game browser or the help window. At least they do for me.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Do this in game? Cool! :)

Uwk
    who'll have to give it a try... ;->
  8. Xariama_AB Member

This needs to go away. Permanently. I'm not supporting adaware, malware, or anything that can be used as a snoop on my computer.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I agree completely, but I don't think it's anything like that; I think it's a goof that they hadn't fixed before whoever it was that did it got, ah, redirected in their employment opportunities...I mean, originally, we had Awesomium (still a dumb name, imho) come up, one of them, while LaunchPad was doing its thing, then it would go away politely about the same time LaunchPad would. Then, I figure, it would come back to life if we did the /browser command in-game, then go away again once we were done. Nowadays, apparently, they're only down to one? And that can apparently be solved by Grumpy_Warrior's method...I'll try that, though it's not as big an issue for me nowadays, memory-usage-wise, not like it was before. :-/

Uwk
    thankful for big upgrade favors ;->
  10. Xariama_AB Member

That's what some other company said about some certain other program, until it was proven it was a monitor and spyware.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Whoa! Which one was this? :-/

Uwk
    who got a nasty, nasty virus once, probably from WoW... :-/
  12. Lasai Well-Known Member

Once upon a time...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sony_BMG_copy_protection_rootkit_scandal

Would also point out that this is not new, when they first started foisting Awesomium upon us, it was not unusual for some to see up to 10-15 copies of this running. Threads are buried in the old forums.
  13. Piestro Member

It's a web browser. That's all it is. When we serve up certain types of HTML content from our web servers we use the awesomium browser to deliver it. No need for a conspiracy here folks, just google it. Or visit http://www.awesomium.com/
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.