Awesome Bonus Items for Purchasing Altar of Malice!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Oct 20, 2014.

1. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

A MYSTIC merc? Really? Stats please on the Battle-Mystic Mercenary.
  2. Tyanu New Member

3. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

Altar of Malice will be available on Steam when the game fully launches on November 25, 2014.
  4. luminosa Active Member

That just made my day!
  5. Feyhammer New Member

Gear upgrade gems and research scrolls are entirely pay-to-win items. Sony once again chooses to degrade the game for quick cash. :^(
    Pipsissiwa and Rorschact like this.
  6. Ashy Member

My husband and I won't purchase CE at $89.99 when the Aeryken race is not included along with the Mercenary. I'm sorry, I love this game and it's staff but the purchase of the expansion plus the purchase of the new race (especially on both of our accounts) would be entirely too costly and we cannot justify this expense most especially when we suspect we won't be strong enough for the new zone's dungeons. It seems to be more of an elite players playground to us and we simply aren't that.
  7. fizzlewizzles New Member

so stats for mount do not include attribute stats? so im better off just getting beta mount and paying 40 bucks then
  8. Rainmare Well-Known Member

Yeah this is a big hit. preordering was basiucally how I even afforded the CE editions, and without a preorder, 90 bucks is going to seriously cripple my income if I can scrounge up enough to get it...on top of Aerakyn race.
    Taivr, Dambae Shadowfury and Jesilyn like this.
  9. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

>.> Gotta admit, I thought the new race would be in the CE bundle too. o.0
    zen_7 likes this.
  10. Rainmare Well-Known Member

I'd rather they did the new race over a flier that has no stats for a $90 pricetag
    Braxlin, Xirena, Rorschact and 3 others like this.
  11. Nubek Active Member

Bleh, so much for my early access :(
  12. Ashy Member

I have no interest in the flying mount at all.
  13. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Seriously, put something worthwhile in that CE, and between me, my husband and my son, we will happily buy 5 of them.
    Like a nice vanity house eh?

Right now, there is NOTHING in the CE that appeals to any of my family, meaning this will be the first time since we started playing EQ2 that we have not bought the CEs.
    Blueiris, Taivr and Griffon Lady like this.
  14. Xirena Member

So much for buying the CE for the first time ever. :confused:

I've passed up previous CE's, thinking they were expensive and not realizing that most of the goodies (the houses in particular) were per character. So having found out that they were, I was looking forward to finally getting a Collector's Edition with an awesome house for each character. And now I see that not only is the house not happening, but they're charging an insane amount of money for a mediocre CE package (from the viewpoint of a crafter/decorator who doesn't give a fig about adventuring).

Color me thoroughly disappointed. :(

On the bright side, I'll have about $20 more in my pocket for something else, since I'm only getting the standard edition. (I say $20 instead of $50 because there's no way in any plane of Hades that I'd pay more than an extra $20 for a CE.)
    Blueiris and Braxlin like this.
  15. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

The content of this thread really underscores why we can't have nice things.
  16. Elite Active Member

Excited for the CE. Some great stuff in there. I'll take 2 please.
  17. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Just had a close look at that merc. Ewwwwwwe! He has a stabby bone thing in his stomach and more in his arms. Looks like his mouth is sewed shut and some sort of thing nailed over his eyes. That is a merc that should be a drop in one of the group instances, not a supposed key selling point in the CE.

Responding to Vainmoinen, well I would like to actually see some nice things in this CE that make the extra 50 bucks worth spending. ;)
  18. Kiaristorm Member

Price tag on collectors edition is too high for what is in it. I already have all previous collectors editions, there's no house which is important for those of us that decorate.Themount isn't really that special and they will probably have mounts like it in store or questable at some point. The new race we have to pay more for on top of the xpac price. Checking past prices the most ive paid was 59.99 and for a lot more than this offers.
  19. Elite Active Member

I disagree. If an item can be obtained through traditional means as well, and is not limited to purchase using SC, then it is not considered pay-to-win. It will just take some effort as opposed to shelling out the additional funds for the CE.
    Griffon Lady likes this.
  20. Grundge Active Member

NO sale at all???? How very disappointing! :( No pre-sale item really sucked, it was one of the cool things we got for purchasing every expac one by one and now we have to pay full price.

Guess I'm going to hold off on getting the CE's when they go on sale sometime in the next summer or whenever the next expac heads this way again.