Awesome Bonus Items for Purchasing Altar of Malice!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Sirvandal Active Member

You can't buy raidgear with plat... Maybe the worst raidgear of the expansion...

Still, the stats on the mount is ridiculous... AoM beta reward = 12 cb/pot... CE = 20 pot/cb + resists. This is pay to win for the endgame people which I hate.
  2. Bunny FouFou New Member

Sorry I haven't read all 24 pages of this thread. only the first few and last few... also did some googling.... but can someone tell me when I can actually buy this?

Its not available to me when I log in, yet we are only 11-12 days away from launch........ :S
  3. Pipsissiwa Well-Known Member

No pre-order this time (or pre-order discount) - launch is when you buy it, whichever version, at full price (minus a paltry 10% if you are All-Access). :/
  4. Zhaanish Well-Known Member

I will not be buying the collector's edition for the first time ever. Between no house and the price, it's just not worth it to me and honestly the price just seems plain excessive. I still really enjoy this game, but it's old and when something better comes out whether it's EQNext or another game, I know I'll be moving on, so investing almost $100 for a few things doesn't seem worth it at this point.

Also, with the Landmark Trailblazer pack, they ended up having a Steam sale and selling it DEEPLY discounted. Since this is being sold on Steam too that possibility is out there and I would be really upset if again I got gouged up front only to have people get it later for a fraction of what I paid. Really left a nasty feeling and I haven't played Landmark since.
  5. Efec New Member

for all who say this is pay to win.

Quote from Kander

"The Collector’s Edition Mount’s stats are nice, but anything earned within the expansion will undoubtedly be better, so think of it as the baseline for level 100."

I will be buying CE.
    Loredena likes this.
  6. Sando Member

definitely buying CE
  7. Bashem Well-Known Member

So last 2 posters is it pay to win or you have some other reason to buy the CE??
    Pipsissiwa likes this.
  8. Pipsissiwa Well-Known Member

Yeah I am genuinely interested that some people do see enough value in the CE, not in a negative way, literally just curious as I can't fathom the $90 value myself.

Especially after Kander's post which basically said equivalent or better mounts & mercs will be available in game with SE and some adventuring in the new zones. That's what finally tipped me the last 1% over the edge into not buying the CE, rather than the other way.
    macatk and Griffon Lady like this.
  9. Qixil Active Member

If the mount were usable by 95 TS-ers, regardless of adv level, it might persuade me to get the CE, but I seriously doubt that will be the case, level 20 with 10,000 extra hps and over 100 crit, not likely. I will wait until more is known before my final decision. :)
  10. Sisca Well-Known Member

I guess for me it depends on where those better mercs & mounts come from and how much better they are.

If they only come from raids I'll never see them so that adds a bit of value to the CE. If they only come from heroics then odds are I won't see them until at least the next expansion since I don't do a lot of PUG heroics, so once again that makes the CE look like a good deal.

On the other hand if I can acquire something similar from completing the Signature quest or running Adv Solos then that reduces the value of the CE.

I'll also want to see the difference it stats between the CE and these in game mounts / mercs. If it's just a slight boost, say less than 5 - 10%, then maybe the CE is worth it so I have them across all my alts. If it's more than that then the value of the CE goes back down.

To be honest this is making SoE's strategy of no pre-order and no discount (other than All Access) work in my favor. I can buy the standard on day 1 and then wait and see what happens. The cost of the upgrade to the CE isn't going to go up if I wait a month.
    Qixil and macatk like this.
  11. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

Hi Bunny!

The expansion will be available for purchase on the date of launch, which is Tuesday, November 25, 2014.
    If you are an All-Access Member, it's actually available two weeks earlier, on Tuesday, November 11, 2014.
  12. Loendar Member

In my case - it is likely that I will end up purchasing some accelerated GM spells for some of my key abilities. If I'm going to buy a couple (or more) anyway at $20 a shot, I might as well get two 'free' with the CE and get the additional stuff as well for a relatively nominal price difference.
  13. Regolas Well-Known Member

Pay to win is hugely subjective.

Is pay to win buying the best gear, or any form of progress?

Is research reductions pay to win?

The CE mount has been stated as a baseline AoM mount. There will be plenty better, but it's a good basic one. This makes the CE appealing to people with 3+ alts that may struggle to get better on every character because of RNG. I have 7 characters on my main at 95, and one of them I didn't even manage to get the ToV signature mount done. And none of them got a Ragefire mount.

However, it is a slippery slope because this is the first cash bought mount that has relevant stats. All SC mounts only give speed enhancements.
    Loredena likes this.
  14. Bashem Well-Known Member

Striped Savage Pterodon Mount <STATS>
    Each level 85 character on your account will be eligible to use this flying mount which grants 100% ground speed and 150% flying speed. At level 95 this mount will give its rider the following benefits:
    +20% Crit Bonus
    +20% Potency
    +115 Crit Chance
    +3000 Power
    +10,000 Max Health
    +3000 vs. arcane, noxious, and elemental damage - -Yes
  15. Feldon Well-Known Member

Remember when Pay-to-Win was buying powerful in-game items that were better than you could acquire through normal gameplay? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
  16. Zylara Well-Known Member

I have been an all access member from the very first year I started to play and I have really enjoyed this game so much that I now have 3 accounts, 2 of which I have ALWAYS preordered the CE because of the price (preorder discount plus All Access discount) whether it had items I wanted or not which only cost me $45 for each account. Now to get the CE w/o the preorder its gonna cost me basically $81 with 10% discount for each account, so just over $160 for 2 accounts compared to my previous $90 for 2 accounts..... I'm sorry but I cannot justify spending that much for whats included in the package. I understand the need to make money and that maybe with the preorders it wasn't justifiable anymore for SOE but honestly a better percentage off for the first few days like even 25% would make it more palatable to most if not all.

So I guess this year will be the very first year EVER I only buy the standard.
  17. Awkk Well-Known Member

I really think, that if it were 3 armor gems, and 2 research potions, per toon, instead of per account, that it would make a big difference, and tip lots of fence sitters into really wanting to buy the CE, and Sony would profit, and more players would be happy. Just a thought! :D
  18. Streppoch Member

Maybe, but not for me. I have enough mounts, I don't really care about the gems or potions, and although I love having house items, this one is not a must-have for me. The merc I can take or leave.

Out of everything offered, I really only like the painting. So, no CE for me.
    Dambae Shadowfury likes this.
  19. Raveen Active Member

No need to get mad people :) I'm not getting the CE but its not gonna hurt my game I just cant drop that much cash. To thouse that can right on :) I still get to group with ya. Now I might be able to swing the cash IF you guys at SOE made just a few small changes :) Change number one make the merc an X4 Epic that has laser beam one shot eyes. Change number 2 make the mount poop raid adorns every 30 min. Change number 3 give us a ring that when clicked it makes everyone on the server dance for 3s. You guys do that and im sold like gold lol if not then im just getting the reg xpack and have fun. Oh and would a fruit basket helm hurt?
    Dambae Shadowfury and Griff like this.
  20. Frinch Well-Known Member

Yo devs, resurrect Slappy the Cool.

~F