Awesome Bonus Items for Purchasing Altar of Malice!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Pixilicious Well-Known Member

Will the Gems of Armor Advancement and the Spell Research Potions be per character or per account ?
    Nm, it seems they are per acct :(
  2. Hyt3ckr3dn3ck New Member

I love how there is nothing but silence from them when discount's are mentioned.. Way to take care of your loyal customer base.
    Blueiris and Dambae Shadowfury like this.
  3. Lucus Well-Known Member

I see the OP text as screaming we want more of your money, we got rid of preorders so we can basically charge chumps more for the same value.

We'll probably get a quested flying mount using the same model as the CE one but different skin, the mage tower teleporter is probably just a copy of an already existing quested/vendor bought teleporter.

I'll laugh if it's not only true but they throw in a non CE merc in the expansion too and the difference between them in minimal.

the other stuff (armor gems, research time reducers) seem like worthless stuff that you can get other ways with more patience and i haven't forgotten that they now want to gouge people with research on the new tier of spell time.

Definitely not gonna buy into the CE, the painting is meh but i imagine some would be interested in it.
  4. Leafreader New Member

Ouch! $90, really? Sorry, while I think that the take-aways are fairly cool, there is no way I'm paying that much for an expansion. I thought that the old prices for the premium packages were really high and passed on a few of them, but this is getting really silly.

- R
  5. oldskool Active Member

Standard Prices for collector items are usually:

Base expansion - 39.99
    Prestige House -13.50
    Flying Mount -19.50

That's a total of about 73.00. So for $16 extra you get:

Unique Merc
    2 - 40 day Research (50 SC per research day? 40 days is 20.00)
    House Pet
    Painting
    Armor Gem

I think there is a bit of a bundled discount for the Collector's Edition. Especially if you consider the value of the 2 - 40 day research potions. Plus, I"m thinking the Isle of Refuge is a much sought after Prestige House.
    Spindle likes this.
  6. Katzandra Well-Known Member

There wasn't the 10% discount in years past. That will make it a bit cheaper.... but still not as good as the preorder discount.....
    We can always hope they give us a 20% (or higher) discount on purchases the week the expansion goes live!!!
  7. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

No house? :confused: $20 per house on SC makes getting one-per character worth buying the collector's edition. Who wouldn't want a Brokenskull bay house? Don't need to change a thing, just pop up the house interface portal thingy on the raft.
    It's also been kind of a tradition the last few xpacs and touches base on all the play styles. Merc, mount, painting/tapestry and/or house pet, house, potions.
    Reallllllyyyy hoping to see a house added to this collector edition.
    The house is always what I'm looking forward to most when the collector's edition is announced. :\
    Keeping fingers crossed.
    Braxlin and Riley/Nina like this.
  8. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

The house is not included, just a house item that teleports you to the new zone, which the world bell can already do. :\
    Taivr likes this.
  9. Sarriss New Member

I agree with the above, the items are cool, but no where near worth the $90+ price tag of the xpac, I've bought previous CEs in the past at the $60 - $70 due to preorder, but the likely hood of either me or my wife (or several other people I know) getting the CE is very low to negligible.
  10. Nubek Active Member

Will we be able to buy it on Steam on the 11th as well?
  11. Brennin Active Member

I just can't justify spending $90 on an expansion, no matter how many virtual goodies are included. If there was a "deluxe" edition for 49,99 or 59.99 with some of the extra goodies I might splurge... otherwise, assuming another game doesn't lure me away altogether, it will be the standard for me.

Maybe I'm just too old-school, but I've always thought add-ons for a game shouldn't be more expensive than the game itself. Feels like buying a car for $18,000 and then spending $30,000 on rims and a paint job.
  12. Boldac Active Member

The merc is like a sunroof on a convertible. Not needed, unless...for once you are giving us a healer merc that actually pays attention and does what he is supposed to do.

The mount is fluff. And not even good fluff. There's already too many appearance mounts, especially fliers. Heck, there's some mounts that should be fliers that can't even fly.

A house item? Great for those who decorate halls/houses. Wasted for those who don't. Same for the house pet.

Then you get to the armor gems. 3 per account? And what about those of us who have more than a few toons that we play? Here's an idea....cut the number to 2 and make it per character.

And the research reduction potions...sure, I get it, you want people to pay SC to upgrade to GM's. Which, I sense, is the real reason you jacked the cost research in the first place. When each character has 20+ abilities/spells to upgrade, giving players 2 - 40 day redux potions is hardly going to break your revenue stream.

Lastly...the 10% for members is nice....but....why not make it so that members get the gems/potions as a per character vs per account on top of the 10%? Talk about sweetening the deal (and a way to get those who aren't members to at least subscribe for a month). Oh, and you increased your revenue stream on top of it.
    mouser, Pipsissiwa, Blueiris and 3 others like this.
  13. Shauwn Active Member

Does this expansion include old expansions as well? I was going to buy to catch up. I know age of discovery has never really been included (fortunately I have that)
  14. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Why no house? The mount looks really cool but was disappointed no house. At first I thought the house item teleporter pic was going to say we would get the Isle of Refuge as non-decorated version and the Isle of Refuge Replica was the vet reward since so many people are complaining about the vet reward.
    Jesilyn, Xirena and Griffon Lady like this.
  15. DonaldT New Member

so, I buy myself and my wifes Exp pacs, and I have to pay $180.00 really SoE.. I have never posted in here about anything but now after nearly 10 and a half years I feel like I need to vent.... 10% discount really.... $160.00 no pre orders..... really.... this is the first time ever that I have had the thought cross my mind to just bail on the game that I have Paid to Play for so long without thought to the price, I even pay the monthly by choice to help fund this game (even though the yearly would save me money) don't get me wrong money holds no real value to me I have more then enough, this just feels like the powers that be are try'n to fleece the people that love this game and all enjoy the friendships we have made..... I am undecided on buy'n this pac just for a few house items that don't even give a buff to the Toon that examines them and another mount (even though it looks cool) and yet another merc (elite or not most don't even need a Merc to do the things that we do in game, I know I don't) Feeling Hurt at the moment,
    Pipsissiwa, Blueiris, Braxlin and 2 others like this.
  16. Zinj Well-Known Member

So all access members get standard edition for $36 or collectors edition for $81 as I figure it. As much as I'd like the extras for the collectors edition, I need the money more to pay off student loans. /sigh
    Blueiris and Dambae Shadowfury like this.
  17. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Yep, all but AoD, since that one has been parted out onto the Marketplace. (mercs, Dungeon Maker, Beastlord class, reforging)
  18. Cyliena Well-Known Member

It will include Tears of Veeshan, while Chains of Eternity and prior will go free (excluding Age of Discovery, of course). http://eq2.zam.com/story.html?story=34934&storypage=2
    Claudiana likes this.
  19. Uncle Active Member

my question is this are these armor gem going to be sold via smed cash?? as well
  20. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

The mount will have a 75% ground speed and 150% air speed.

The upgrade to the Cllector's Edition will be the difference in price, $50. If you are an All-Access member, the 10% off expansion discount will apply to that as well.

The Elite Merc is very powerful and intended to survive Heroic content.

Yes, AoM will include previous expansions. It will not include the AoD features.
    Claudiana and Katz like this.