Average player wont be able to afford kronos soon

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Lorilie, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Just hang on. Kander is aware, they will get it stopped. Switching servers is a little extreme at this point.
  2. Fistpower Well-Known Member

Krono went from 750 this weekend to over 1500. One guy bought 20-30 krono last night. I contacted all the Daybreak Games guys on discord but nothing has happen.

There are still some exploit going on and people are still using it.
  3. Atan Well-Known Member

For what its worth, the current random named player buying all the FG krono is 'Ahuhela'
  4. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

I don't use krono except for a little plat influx every 6 months or so by buying one and selling it on broker. I had a discussion with a guildie last night and he claims it no exploit, just people transfering back and forth from IoR? I tried to follow the logic but I'm still confused. So, there's no possibility of it being a mule doing this?
  5. Atan Well-Known Member

I don't think so, the same behavior is happening on all servers. Some random generated toon drops significant wealth every 12 hours or so (faster on weekend, less on weekdays) and sucks up krono.

Strangely the activity tends to coincide with when people are more likely to perform non-sanctioned RMT Krono purchases (like the exploiter is filling orders for krono they've sold on non-sanctioned sites).

There are plenty of ways to legitimately earn coin, none of them amass coin at the rate this 'player' is doing so.
  6. Minxy I am my own man forever and ever!

Well, I for one have never bought or sold a krono on fallen gate... I have on skyfire and I see how the inflation increases after doing so I stopped!
  7. Redlight Well-Known Member

People have made a lot of coin from selling 'Essence of magic' etc due to the new adornment recipes and put it into Krono sending up prices.
  8. Kalika Well-Known Member

This is happening on the TLE where essene of magic do not exist.

I never check raid splits but i don; t think that a single group doing SOH trash can make the kind of money that is being generated.

I don't think that a positive buy and sell loop exists, in some games it already happened especially if you could alter factions.

I remember long ago in Eq2 a named that could respaw as many time as you wanted due to a bug in a script, we did it once by mistake and got a third kill just to check, but we could have killed 100 times and have gotten 100 chests.
  9. Satyr Well-Known Member

The Sphinx in Maj'dul. It never went away, and it wasn't really an exploit, just bad design which players could legitimately take advantage of.

There were spots in various older expansions where bots could be fully automated in private instances and make about 1 krono every 2 hours. Those exploits existed on Stormhold but were mostly closed on FG.

There's at least one dupe still in the game that is known by a few people. Looks like someone got greedy and decided to kill the proverbial golden goose.
  10. Atan Well-Known Member

It's a fair point that there is a named in RE2 that can be infinitely respawned. Even that, I don't think is really creating coin at the rate we're seeing.

I'm fairly sure its another type of exploit, similar to other dupes we've seen in the past. I'm not sure why its so hard for them to isolate and identify accounts using it. I understand sometimes the technical fixes are harder, but isolation and identifying the pattern shouldn't be that hard to trace with the details provided.
    Kalika likes this.
  11. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

There is of course other exploits that have never been fixed, but there at this point so long history, i doubt these people know how to do them and it was before the training dummies even came out.
  12. Satyr Well-Known Member

People were doing them on Fallen Gate but just at a volume low enough to allow the behaviour to be undetected. Usually they'd just do it post expansion where the inflation hit would be lost in the white noise of normal post-expansion inflation. Someone has just told a mate who decided to run it as hard as they could; it's not like these things were ever super secret.
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It would be nice for the whole server economy if people who DO know about these exploits would quietly report them to DBG so the loopholes can be fixed. A few greedy bungholes can completely hose the server economy, which is why the last time I looked, Krono were at least 1.5 MILLION plat on Maj'Dul.
  14. Satyr Well-Known Member

Some are over a decade old and have been reported numerous times. They're clearly not fixable and have in the past been managed by moderation. That's obviously become less effective over the last few years.

The easiest fix for DBG is to restrict krono to in person trades. I don't think that will have too much of an impact on legitimate players but would greatly disincentivise dupers by creating a huge time sink for them.
    Kalika likes this.
  15. Kalika Well-Known Member

That would probably fix speculation , i remember nuying a krono that way, I was paranoid about the seller suing a trick but the transaction was fine.
  16. Atan Well-Known Member

Looks like they either got the duper locked down, or he went on holiday since last Wednesday night.
    Kalika and Sigrdrifa like this.
  17. Kalika Well-Known Member

Krono deflated from close to 1500 down to 800.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  18. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Shut the firehose off from whatever exploit and the market will stabilize. They will probably never go down in cost to the 300p or so they were before the exploit, alas.