Average player wont be able to afford kronos soon

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Lorilie, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Druids_Dont_Heal New Member

Yes, Atan. We've had a few people mention this, only to be pushed off with no real regard or interest in "looking into it".

Glad to see there are clearly power in numbers, because just a few days ago nothing was suspected wrong when people kept mentioning suspicious activity.

2. Fistpower Well-Known Member

The damage is already done though? What normal 1 account player can afford 720p for a krono? I sure hope the market fixes itself or the economy is damaged beyond repair.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Dude, the dev team is deep in the finishing sprint for the next GU on Live, so they've been really busy. Furthermore, Kander has said, in THIS thread, that they're investigating. What the heck more do you want?
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

When you have inflation due to exploits, the price of Krono goes up. But then people start charging more for stuff too. Everything in the player economy suffers inflation. That's why Krono on Maj'Dul sells for 1.5 MILLION plat or more... a few plat exploits caused staggering inflation.

You may not be able to get a Krono for a week or two, but eventually DBG will get the firehose turned off by stopping whatever shenanigans are happening. Then the economy will slowly reach an equilibrium in which the prices you can charge for selling Stuff on the broker will have risen, and your income (however you make it) will be sufficient to buy Krono just as you have been.
  5. Gibbie New Member

Under normal circumstances your probably right. Right now things are not normal. Prices on the broker are dropping like crazy. No one is playing on the server cause of the exp grind. Im very worried the combination of the 2 things will kill this server.
  6. Atan Well-Known Member

These are things a reasonable person should be concerned with, however, market forces will correct themselves providing whatever exploit has been crushed.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  7. Atan Well-Known Member

Might want to look a little harder, we just saw another 50% inflation in 12 hours.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Yep. Crushing the exploit has to happen before the inflation stablilizes.
  9. moonwitch New Member

Unfortunately any fix/stabilization is going to come to late for me. I refuse to spend what little game time I get trying to keep up with the unreal increases. Yesterday alone there was a 100 plat increase between my morning and evening log in times. This morning was another 100. So I've rolled a toon on one of the live servers because I just can't keep up. :(
  10. Atan Well-Known Member

I've looked, and similar trends are happening there. I think generally they have a larger krono market so they aren't accelerating quite as fast, but the inflation on Halls of Fate is significant as well.
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

If you just wait a week or two for DBG to get around to fixing the exploit and banning/Drundering, the economy will stabilize. Panicking about it now is Chicken Little stuff.
  12. moonwitch New Member

Sorry maybe I should have specified, it's not panic; I'm simply almost out of time and will have to go f2p and that ends my TLE adventures.
  13. Khieran Active Member

I'm not sure switching to a live server is going to help. Cheapest Krono on AB broker right now is 1.8 million plat
  14. Ruallin Ebonhammer Active Member

It will help to the extent that they can play Free to Play on Live.
  15. Kalika Well-Known Member

Something totally nuts has been going on since ShoHVeksar/Ru2 release, i should have noticed it before but i log quite rarely since it' s summer.
  16. Leed Active Member

Tried buying that one before - it's bugged, says 'The consigned item is no longer available' or something like that (at least it returns your pp). The only legitimate ones seem to be the 2.2 million+ ones (too pricey for me)
  17. Atan Well-Known Member

Maybe something fixed...

The inflation has decreased 33% in 24 hours.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  18. Fangrim Active Member

I'll give you some Krono if you have a toon on AB, I don't play anymore, gave 24 krono away already. No - one plays that used to play when the game was good that I formed bonds with. I'll also be giving the rest to people I played on SH with. I'm not using a krono to give them away though, so I only have 1 F2P toon on AB, Zarashand ( no 1 WW kills vs deaths) and the others unfortunately are on EU Thurgadin.

Edit: Anyone that knows me as Thanos (Splitpaw) Snorkle (Splitpaw/Runneyeye) Hagudrak/Talormane (AB), Talormane (SH, a little FG) Send me a personal message, if I recognise your name I'll try and get you some krono too.
    Zeddicious likes this.
  19. Atan Well-Known Member

Since this is the thread Kander posted in, will update here...

Seeing some of the same shenanigans going on again in Krono market on FG this past weekend.

Similar steep inflation runs, some of the same random string characters buying up 20-30+ krono at a time. Seeing this happen from the same ones 3-8 hours apart.

Sure looks like to me its an exploit and they login whenever they get an RMT order.

It just doesn't make a lot of sense when people are playing less, less coin coming in, all goods in the market are cheaper than they ever have been, for inflation on krono to rise at staggering rates. Only answer I can come with is somehow coin is entering the system in manner in an 'natural' manner.

At this point the rumor mill is in full effect, as the most common explanation I hear to this is DBG is intentionally thinning the market to force new krono to be purchased. I'm not saying I personally support this assertion, but it is clear these aren't normal market forces and something foul is afoot.
  20. Xaaz New Member

I have a toon on AB that I may have to go back to even though it's a dead server. Can't pay these Krono prices. Almost doubled in the last 3 days. It's clear they have a massive exploit going on and it seems to be too complicated for them to fix. Too bad I deleted most of my AB toons to roll on FG. Wish I kept them now.