Average Gamer & 95 Tradeskill Apprentice?!?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ShalimarTroy, Nov 27, 2013.

1. ShalimarTroy Member

I have been looking at these 95th level Tradeskill Apprentice recipes and am utterly confused. Most of the ingredients are totally unfamiliar to me such as Celestial Motes and Ancestral Blade Fragments? Asking around I find they are found only in raid dungeons and the cost for onr on my server is 28 P?

My question is this what the designers planned? Having components that only Raid players have access too? I do not Raid nor have I raided in years, so these recipes are beyond me -- besides paying 28 P for each component?

Seems horribly wasteful, but maybe I am not seeing this right. I did get ToV the other day and it appears they have added some recipes to the mix that have normal ingredients -- do I just skip all of these that need Celestial Whatevers?

Any help appreciated.
    Adaarye likes this.
  2. Deveryn Well-Known Member

It's intentional. People have been asking for crafting to be used in the creation of high level recipes. This is one of the results. If you don't raid, you don't need the gear created by these recipes and you don't have to worry about learning these or finding the ingredients.
  3. Estal Well-Known Member

The celestial motte and so on stuff being on the regular researcher is essentially just a bonus for raiders so they don't have to go do the lengthy questline behind which the raid ts apprentice is gated.
    But you can just skip those as they are from previous expansion and as such have lost a lot of appeal anyway.

No problem to research other stuff like for example the ToV recipes first.
  4. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Except once again the materials are not available to the low adventure level crafter. Even the Advanced book recipes require Dust of the Progenitor, which is a byproduct from the apprentice recipes, which you can't make if you aren't high enough level to run the zones that drop things like the acestral blade fragment.
    Adaarye likes this.
  5. Sambril Well-Known Member

Agreed - whatever about some apprentice recipes requiring products/by-products from another apprentice recipe - the regular essential and advanced books should only require common and rare harvests and normal purchased fuels.
    Adaarye and Mermut like this.
  6. Pauly Well-Known Member

sure you can get them.. I bought 4 dusts off the broker. I did have to pay several plat for them but it was worth it because each item I crafted sold for 200p+.
  7. Pauly Well-Known Member

if that was the case, then the items would be common and not even worth crafting to sell. making the items rare gives them value. if you truely want to make a profit, either run the zones where the stuff drops, or do like I did and buy the components off the broker. I made 1700p yesterday doing just that with toons I never group with.
  8. Sambril Well-Known Member

No other recipes from advanced books at any tier require other than rare harvests, common harvests and regular fuels. These should not either. In fact it is not even applied equally to all crafts, some like the new tailor cloak (statless mind you) takes a rare. If they are deemed too powerful as is, then they should be reduced or moved to apprentice recipes.
  9. Pauly Well-Known Member

big deal.. if the new recipes came from a book called Further Advanced Recipes instead of the regular Advanced Recipes... they'd both still be in your book and your situation would be the same.
    In the past, special recipes had their own books.. remember Blood Armor, Shard Armor ect...
    I fail to see your point. You want to be able to craft special items with normal mats?
  10. Sambril Well-Known Member

Mostly my issue is that these items are from a level 90 book and require products from a level 95 apprentice item that themselves require ToV drops.
    Adaarye likes this.
  11. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

The one time I checked the broker those blades were up for 150p+. Didn't look worth it.
  12. Sambril Well-Known Member

I checked my own broker - 5 listed for 5500p :eek:. OK sure the price will drop over time, but then so will any demand for the items.
  13. Gudum Active Member

Most of the recipes made from Dust of the Progenitor are poisons, and several lower-tier poisons are also made from by-products from crafting experts (the various other forms of dust). The other recipes just don't seem worth making at the current market prices, at least on the freeport server, the regular arrows are way less than 1g, whereas a regular poison is 30 or 40 times more.
  14. Regolas Well-Known Member

Just like you have accepted that you can't / won't /don't want to raid and will probably never see that content, you have to accept that some things in crafting you can't make, even if you have the recipe. (unless you buy it)

There's got to some stuff in the game that is a bonus for people that do everything in the game.

I've never managed to have the patience to level a crafter past 30. I'd love to be self sufficient and not pay over the top for items I want crafted but I've excepted that until I bite the bullet and level a crafter to cap, that I can't do it.

But it's becoming more and more of a lure as they (SOE) bring more things into the game I want but can't produce until 95. Like upgrade gems for gear and experimenting.