Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Anaranj, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Anaranj Member

Can anyone confirm here if the effect of the conjuror's ethereal rune orange works? And if so, can anyone quantify its effect on increasing dps? Specifically, the damage increase from Blazing Avatar.
  2. Anaranj Member

And, another question, is it necessary to have the grandmaster cloak adorned with that rune to be able to buy the belt?
  3. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

You just need the GM cloak to get the belt, not the rune.. As for the rune itself, I don't play a conj, however, from what I've been told by the conjies in guild, it's definitely worth it as it turns Blazing Avatar into a 30sec DoT for the pet essentially. I cannot confirm how significant this is myself, but just some food for thought :)
  4. Anaranj Member

Thank you, Scrappyz. My question was whether to keep the coins to get the belt first, because I had heard that the rune did not work well.
  5. semisus Does not play this game

Its worth it , its one of my highest hitting abiltlies on long fights
  6. Arieva Well-Known Member

Expect to see a 3-5% increase in parse. Moreso perhaps if your button pushing skills or ascensions arent optimized already on the char.
  7. Cirvandal Active Member

It is on the OP side, one of the best runes, definitely worth buying :)
  8. Anaranj Member

It's great to know that. Thanks to all guys. Arieva, can you extend the meaning of your comment a little?
  9. Entropy Well-Known Member

For the conj's in our guild, it boosted the ability from doing ~1% (before rune) of their total parse to ~6%. It is not quite "Illusionist game-changer" tier, but it's still fantastic relative to what most classes get.
  10. Arieva Well-Known Member

What entropy said. High end on my parses its about 6% which is a 5% increase over what it was. Folks whose other abilities/ascensions arent doing as much as they could be doing may report it ringing in as higher percentage of their parse because it is basically passive damage as long as you make sure to keep blazing avatar active.