Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by slippery, Jul 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slippery Well-Known Member

Why is it that the system for how Avatars spawn is supposedly changing (to a completely biased system) and there hasn't been a single official word about it on the forums? You'd think this kind of thing would be important to post about and discuss prior to it happening so you know how people feel about it and can make adjustments.

Supposedly they're changing to a prime time only spawn window. You know, it's funny, not everyone raids at the same time. Talk about a completely lopsided system that really screws some guilds. So guilds like Equilibrium and Transcendence, who don't raid at prime time, now have to have a call list while competing against guilds that not only don't have to have a call list but will already have a raid formed since they'll spawn during the competing guilds raid time?

Right, completely fair system. No bias at all. Good job. Way to go. Arbitrary spawn time completely the way to go.

It's like this has never been discussed before, except it has. Every time within a few posts it's shot down. There hasn't even been a long thread about, because anyone with a shred of common sense realizes that guilds raid all different time zones on every server, and guilds in all different times zones have killed Avatars. Now with an arbitrary system you just excluded some guilds from killing Avatars. Sorry Transcendence and Mojo Rising, you're no longer allowed to kill any Avatars, SoE said you raid at the wrong time of day.

I don't even remotely understand why the current mechanic's aren't kept in place, don't touch the current 6 avatars, make the 3 new ones harder with better loot, and call it a day. The guilds that have been dominating the old 6 are going to let them go because they've been transmuting all the loot since even their alts don't want it for months now (grats non-existent ears and hats, loot that rare shouldn't have happened) since it's getting to the point where a chance at a hat or ear from those 6 isn't even kind of worth it. That would have opened up those 6 Avatars to a ton of other guilds on every server who are definitely capable, while giving the top guilds something to still fight over.

Instead we go with arbitrary screw mode.

What's even worse, I'm posting after getting woke up for an Avatar call. Whiners can shove off. You want an Avatar, put in a smidgeon of effort. Handing them to guilds on a silver platter because they'll spawn at a time when certain guilds have a decent portion of people unable to make it (you know, they reason they do things like raid off standard schedules) while others are already logged in with a full raid is so ridiculous. Sorry guys, the only raiding allowed in this game is your standard EST raid times.
    Zepher, Mindsway, Anyka and 10 others like this.
  2. Chronus Active Member

This is going to utterly screw 2 out of 3 guilds on Unrest over, depending on what the so called prime time is for them, seeing as of their top 3 raid guilds one is American, one is Australian and one is Asian.

The 3rd guild on Crushbone who until now had occasionally taken avatars are going to be screwed because they raid European times.

Kind of amazing seeing as I didn't even know about this and we're 2 days away from the update.
    Neiloch likes this.
  3. Ucala Well-Known Member

I also didn't know they were doing "prime time" there were a few forums that people suggested it but it's a laughing point since you can't decide a "prime time" for any one server.
    I'd like to know where soe stated it was changed this way
  4. Balbasur Active Member

OP wern't you the one calling people lazy for not wanted to camp contested? Now you are crying because the timers are more in line with the actual PLAYER BASE rather than the 2% of raiders. Talk about Irony.

This is MUCH needed change, thank you SOE so much. It will put the Contest in Contested.

Also, get real OP you raid 5 nights a week.
  5. Balbasur Active Member

I hope every Dev reads that last paragraph, do not get upset. This change has been needed for some time, thank for cattering to every one and not just the hardcore raiders! It will help with player retention as giving ever one a carrot now, not just the elite guilds that think they only deserve raid content. THANKS SOOOO MUCH the 98% appreciate it.
  6. Lempo Well-Known Member

They raid from 9-12 PST, the Avatars being set for prime time means 8-9 EST.
    Im sure Equilibrium will still be able to monopolize the avatars that they WANT to, because they will put forth the effort.

This is not setting them up for anything but max convenience for EST raid guilds.

UK, Australia, Asia all of those guilds will have to use call lists.

This is not a good change if it is in fact as he explained it and I am in an EST raid guild one that will be getting max benefit from it.

How is this being in line with the 'actual playerbase' rather than the '2% of raiders'?
    Do you even think about what kind of drivel you post before posting it?

You think pugs are gonna snatch these away from raids that are on at the time?
  7. Ucala Well-Known Member

what is gonna be your next excuse when they do pop during prime time and you still don't go out and take pulls on them? :p I mean it's not like avatars Haven't popped during prime time as they are already, it happens, and I never see other guilds out there.
    Neiloch and Lempo like this.
  8. Balbasur Active Member

No, it actually is a good change. It isn't a good change to those guilds who are used to getting Avatars are 2:00 AM tho. In the end it all comes down to the 2% of raid guilds not being able to farm these like they use to at early morning hours like they have been. +1 to this change.
  9. Balbasur Active Member

Again, players like you are the reason why this game is going down hill. Soooo selfish, it's quiet a travesty that you rather have the player base decline by another 50% before some random gets an ethereal you don't have.

People that actually have out of game responsibilities will actually get a chance to kill these now MY HELMETS AND EARS!!!!!!!!!!!!
  10. Balbasur Active Member

Also, please devs put in server announcements when they spawn please, deity followers would be well pleases =)
  11. Ucala Well-Known Member

It's not that I care if other guilds kill avatars, I encourage it. I like more people cause I am always trying to group. it's just that I have had avatars spawn during what you would call "prime time" we went out to pull it. no one else was there about to pull. doing this really has no effect it seems. people just don't care anymore since 1 guild rules them all
  12. Balbasur Active Member

You use to play on Nagafen, I see what happened to that server happening game wide. The minority(one guild) lobby'd hard on the forums to turn raiding there favor in a PVP environment and the devs catered to them and look what happend....desolate population all those guild members left to PVE servers and the server is now a barren wasteland.

If you only want a certain group of raiders to get to kill see/interact with Avatars (mobs no one ever sees any more due to them being farmed by one guild on every server) then keep things they way they are for the 2%.
  13. Chronus Active Member

It does make a difference on splitpaw, if they spawn during the raid hours of 7-11pm we and the 2nd guild will be there. The other guilds (2 of which have killed Amalgamon and 4well Drinal and so are more than capable) don't even bother.
  14. Ucala Well-Known Member

I am not sure you even know what you are talking about. Nagafen has been a wasteland for a long time now
  15. Balbasur Active Member

Nagafen was always a Raider vs Hardcore PvPer argument on the forums and the Raiders one and one by one the pvpers left for other games etc. This time it's Hard Core raiders vs Regular Raiders.
  16. slippery Well-Known Member

Please do not respond to Balbasur (Matin) in this thread, he is doing nothing but trolling.

Edit: Honestly, I'm surprised most people haven't used the forum ignore feature on him. It actually works really well.
    BuddyT, Neiloch and Feldon like this.
  17. Malleria Well-Known Member

In an EST raid force. Change is bad. Keep it as is imo.
    Mikane likes this.
  18. Geothe Active Member

This is a rather moronic change, and an outright insult to any guild that raids and isn't East coast time based.
    It especially hurts foreign guilds drastically.

The current wide ranging respawn timer is the best, and it is fair play to all guilds no matter what time zone they are based in.
  19. idunno125 New Member

Every guild will be able to kill see/interact with Avatars when SOE implements the instanced versions of them. That said, I'm in a east coast raiding guild and i'm not looking forward to leaving raid zones midway to go contest an avatar on a nightly basis.
  20. Micestro New Member

As an alternative, how about avatar burst spawning. Where, whenever multiple avatars are due, just spawn all of them (or half of them) whenever one pops. Guilds scattering to down their avatar to move quickly to the next one, massive chaos. Sounds fun, interesting and relatively fair.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.