Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Mortyk, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Mortyk New Member

Can we upload our own Avatars? It seems like we can't.

This is a bummer I think because there are so few choices to pick from.

Is that something you guys (SOE) could address. Yes it's small compared to anything game related, but it is a little annoying and would be very cool if you could pick from more avatars, or upload your own.
  2. Sudedor Well-Known Member

The avatars are frankly appalling, and you can't use your own.
    Rhodris and Mortyk like this.
  3. Mortyk New Member

LOL ... ya that is pretty much what I wanted to say!
  4. Stardrama Member

Knock....Knock....anybody home? Nothing's changed. All the other big game companies allow personal avatars, why not this one??

Hello? Earth calling SOE.....I know you guys are busy, but.......question here??
  5. warcrown New Member

They have so many major game questions to be dealing with other than this stuff.
  6. Mozil Active Member

This. If they allow users to upload their own avatars, then they have to dedicate resources to policing those avatars because this is the internet and it is inevitable that inappropriate and offensive things will get uploaded. And that's a pretty meaningless thing to use resources on right now.
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

Before this incarnation of the forums people had custom avatars. Several times since there have been official pronouncements that additional avatars would be made available but nothing has ever come of it.
  8. Feldon Well-Known Member

And yet we can remotely embed ANY signature image of ANY size we want. In 2 years there have been how many complaints?
    Mermut, Caela and Niboota like this.
  9. Niboota Well-Known Member

I'd be happy if I could just choose a female troll avatar! The old forums had both sexes for all races. I don't understand why they weren't all carried over to this forum.
    Feldon likes this.
  10. Caela Well-Known Member

There was another thread not too long ago (but well before the dust up), and I thought TTobey had found some more images and we would get new avatars soon... but alas - nothing happened.
    Feldon likes this.
  11. Afista Well-Known Member

Tom did provide images for each of the races. I layered all of the images on the backgrounds, added the supplied frames, and sized them all to the required forum avatar size. Examples:

[IMG]

You also have to remember, this was just before a lot of people were out for the year-end holidays though. Since then, I'm sure there were probably things that took priority over these in January and (of course) more changes that have taken priority in February.

I wouldn't loose hope. Just give them some time and maybe we'll see them added eventually. It's something we've gone without for so long now, a bit longer won't hurt anything. It's definitely something that's a far cry from a necessity :)
    Finora, Shmogre and Feldon like this.
  12. Caela Well-Known Member

Those are awesome! Thank you and TTobey for getting those together. Hopefully someone will have time to upload them.

Thank you!
    Feldon likes this.