Fixed Internally Auto Consume 'bugged'

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Taled, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Taled Well-Known Member

The auto consume feature for potions/totems/etc does not work 100% properly - If the timer runs out on your buff while you're zoning, auto consume will remain on but it will not actually consume.

I'd suggest adding a check once characters finish loading in zones for any auto-consume products and consuming them if the buff isn't active.

(This has been an issue for a long time, but I don't see any threads about it. It's not game-breaking, but I figure it SHOULD be an easy enough fix...)
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Actually, that seems to have spawned another Bug now; every time we zone now, regardless of whether or not we have Auto-Consume on or not, our potions/totems/etc. get consumed anyway, will-we nil-we. :mad:

Uwk
    Cropster and Twyla like this.
  3. Ratalthor Developer

We have not been able to reproduce this issue.

Can anybody provide specific items affected? Or share your character name and server with me privately with the items you are experiencing the issue with.
  4. Beee Well-Known Member

\aITEM 920891027 -270676177 0 0 0:[Totem of the Deadly Sabertooth]\/a (often stops)
    \aITEM 1152468745 344919609 0 0 0:[Empyral Elixir of Intellect]\/a (sometimes stops)
    \aITEM -1579834854 653297687 0 0 0:[Forlorn Scroll of Aptitude]\/a (sometimes stops)
    \aITEM 1024888362 -1145700032 0 0 0:[Shadowscream Scroll of Skirmishing]\/a (rare stops)
    Cropster and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Taled Well-Known Member

This can happen with legitimately *any* item that is auto-consumed.

It only happens if the game attempts to auto-consume at a point where you cannot auto-consume, outside of being in flight where it is coded to have an error prompt. EG, if you are dead or zoning when the auto-consumption should trigger, it will fail but the game won't realize that the buff has dropped and needs replenished.
  6. Cropster Active Member

All of the new Forlorn snacks even if placed on auto consume will not always continue. Sometimes some do sometimes some do not. Character name Pebosi.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I've been finding this occurring now with any/all of my Totems and Potions (except for already-applied Poisons on a weapon, I think; I'll double-check that), any time I zone. :-/

Just recently, I had an XP Potion from the /claim screen running, an hour long Potion that I'd just started like for a few minutes, and I made the mistake of zoning. Boom! "No more Potion for you! :mad:"

Uwk
    who once had a buddy who worked QA who also played the game on his regular home desktop when he got home from work and on the weekends, being a long-term, very enthusiastic gamer; he related that yep, things couldn't always be found on the uber-super-duper-ultra sophisticated (or at least as recent as humanly possible) computers at work, and wondered if the smooth, new, complexities of the networked computer stations glossed over a lot of glitches and bugs...
    Cropster likes this.
  8. Ratalthor Developer

Are there specific instances of it stopping?
  9. Cropster Active Member

After zoning and death. The only way to fix it is to turn auto consume off (because it still shows on even though its not working) and then turn it back on. So it seems to be affected by zoning/logging in some way.
    Juraiya and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Would it show up on a Log? :-/

Uwk
  11. Clintsat Well-Known Member

Consistently during zoning, when flying, when another item is autoconsuming (can block other item autoconsumes). It's been an issue for years.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm; I haven't noticed my potions and totems shutting off in any other fashion until very recently, and then only while zoning, but maybe I haven't been paying attention enough on my older toons, where I might have left it on accidentally; my more recent ones were created after I figured Auto-Consume wouldn't work any more for potions and totems, just food and drink.

About the only issue I'd had with totems before this was the bloody looooooooong wait between the time when the Totem of the Otter wasn't working any more, letting your toon drown if deeply enough underwater, and the time when it could be started up again. A 30 second cool-down?! What were you thinking, o devs ("Well, think of it as an extra SCUBA tank in RL that you can swap out for on long dives, but only after a couple minutes or so.")? :-/

Uwk
    Juraiya likes this.
  13. Caith Developer

Is it a case of breaking every time you zone/revive, or breaking only if it attempts to consume while zoning/reviving?
  14. Taled Well-Known Member

Only when it attempts to consume while zoning/dead, as far as I can tell. It's definitely not every single time I zone or revive.
  15. Cropster Active Member

I believe it is the timer for re-consuming hits the same time as dying/zoning. Or within that duration. That being the case, I put them all on auto at the same time so its confusing to me when some still work and some don't.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Just made a new toon last night (yes, another one...), and being a Mystic, she has Enduring Breath as a spell. I had nine minutes left to go on it, and like an idiot, I zoned, blithely expecting/hoping that a spell, at least, would continue. NOPE. >:-/

Uwk
    Breanna and Cropster like this.
  17. Wolvelf Object Reference not set to an Instance...

This happens on poisons as well. I occasionally have to turn auto consume off and back on again. I can't tell you what does it, I usually notice when I have a low poison count and I'm waiting for it to burn out the old poison. The effect doesn't last, it just doesn't auto consume.
  18. Daryx Well-Known Member

This has also been an issue on all of the tinkered harvest items (like the overclocked automated watersafe net, finishing saw and pickaxe) and the woodworker-made harvesting tool (compact sumac harvesting kit e.g.) for a very long time. I bugged it way back when, but have gotten so used to it I just have gotten in the habit of doing the off-and-on reset that Wolvelf mentions.

I see it happen regularly when I change AA profiles (especially if the AA profile got dropped for some reason like the recent changes that invalidated many prior AAs). Not every single time, but very often and it's easily missed until I start harvesting and wonder why it's taking so dang long.

Maybe some of the other auto-consumes are similarly affected in this situation or there's some common thread to the issues.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Why don't they just make Auto-Consume not turn on as Default? :-/

And explain the need to consume things (like Food, Drink, etc.) to newbies when they first sign up? :-/

Uwk
    Twyla likes this.
  20. Beee Well-Known Member

actual my \aITEM -1579834854 653297687 0 0 0:[Forlorn Scroll of Aptitude]\/a does not autoconsume even it should

(1645615270)[Wed Feb 23 12:21:10 2022] You consume a \aITEM 249441226 -400155829:Forlorn Scroll of Pugilism\/a.
    (1645615270)[Wed Feb 23 12:21:10 2022] You consume a \aITEM 387430179 -2049957113:Forlorn Scroll of Skirmishing\/a.

if i deactivate autosonsume and reactivate it seems to work for some time again
    (1645615276)[Wed Feb 23 12:21:16 2022] You will no longer auto consume Forlorn Scroll of Aptitude when it expires.
    (1645615278)[Wed Feb 23 12:21:18 2022] You consume a \aITEM -1579834854 653297687:Forlorn Scroll of Aptitude\/a.
    easy to check: it intant consume a snack on activation
    It seems to be in thq queue, but why ever it does not consume
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Twyla like this.