Auto - attacks..

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Arjwen, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Arjwen New Member

when you toggle the Melee Attack button is there a notification that it is on - as my berserker doesn't seem to auto-attack half the time; leading me then to use the mouse which seems to alter the setting again...

I am probably being very stupid but this is game-breaking at the moment for me as the combat system is too slow otherwise with the huge cool downs of melee abilities....
  2. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

If I remember, your auto-attack swings are based on the delay on your primary weapon. There is an auto-attack timer in the game to help you see this (Options>User Interface>Game Windows>Show the Autoattack Timing Bar), but I think most berserkers are set on a 4-second delay on their weapons. The idea is to fill the time while your timer is moving with attacks from your bar, and auto-attack on the finish of the timer. So a 4-second weapon delay would be filled with roughly 3 1/2 seconds of hotbar attacks, and the last half- or quarter-second with the timer finish before the timer starts over again. Also helpful is to make sure both your primary and secondary weapons have the same delay; if they don't the movements become ill-timed and choppy. Your weapons can be set on a 6-second delay, which would make them hit harder, but would lessen the amount of swings you do overall (more swings *usually* = more damage). Honestly, though, at this point in the game, auto-attack is usually less than 2% of your parse, behind ascensions and all other skills. Unless they fix it to mean something more again, I wouldn't put much worry into it. Also, if you don't like the slowness of a berserker, try a brawler. They're much, much faster paced.
  3. Khieran Active Member

I don't know about berserkers, but I've noticed that on most classes that cast magic, a lot of the time, if you cast a spell, your auto-attack turns off. The only indication that I know of if your auto-attack is on or not is the Autoattack timing bar Mercychalice mentioned.
  4. Dude Well-Known Member

Open up your character sheet, go to the options tab, scroll all the way to the bottom, and select "Automatic" for your auto-attack mode.
  5. Khieran Active Member

It's already set to automatic
  6. Dude Well-Known Member

Doh! My bad. Set it to the thing you want to be automatic. I usually go with "Forced Melee."
  7. Khieran Active Member

Ah, ok, thanks :)
    Dude likes this.
  8. Khieran Active Member

OK, I messed around with this a little bit. What do the options actually do? I'm not seeing anything different when I change them?
  9. Dude Well-Known Member

If you're a caster, it should make it so casting spells doesn't turn off the auto-attack. If you're not a caster, then using any combat art should start your auto-attack.
  10. Khieran Active Member

OK, thanks
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

Check that you have a wand, not a symbol, in your ranged slot if you're caster.. Wands do spell ranged auto-attack. Symbols do not.
  12. Khieran Active Member

Yeah, these are new characters, and they have wands