Auto Attack window

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-deadcrickets2, Aug 16, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Ferunnia Guest

Atan@Unrest wrote:
    If that thing with the locking to wrong autoattack thing is happening, it's broken, and I agree it should be fixed. Never have that happen with my toons, so I can't relate. I am just annoyed that people are so insistent on not conforming that they waste time and risk potentially breaking things that aren't necessarily broken in the process with their incessant whinings.
  2. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Elhonna@Blackburrow wrote:
    It happens with literally every trash pull in Drunder raids. Bow shot, mobs get close and I switch to melee but the auto bar hangs at 100% locked on range waiting for a ranged attack that will never come. Drives me up the wall. You would think /auto 1 would fix it, but it has no effect.
    The only way to prevent it is not to bow shot, but that means some dps will die on incoming, so yeah, it really annoys me.
    I'm still waiting to be able to resize my group window such that its not covering up 4 hotbars with its default size set to include a bunch of deadspace the window doesn't need.
    These are all issues that would be handled by the client group, not the guys who'd be fixing content issues folks in this thread seem to think.
  3. ARCHIVED-Ferunnia Guest

Ah, that explains it, don't use ranged auto ever myself. Spells ftw!
  4. ARCHIVED-Terrogaunt Guest

That's a strange issue with the ranged switching to melee. I tested that out and didn't have that issue before it went live. I'll give it a look and see about making that window resizable with f10.
  5. ARCHIVED-Mysstie Guest

There are a lot of windows that do not appear when pressing F10 (merchant, tradeskill, guild, etc); however, since the Auto Attack bar is now a standard UI window that will more or less always be showing up during normal play, I do agree that F10 should show its placement.
  6. ARCHIVED-Grumpy_Warrior_01 Guest

Mysstie@Oasis wrote:
    If that's the case then casting and breath bars should also show and be resizable on F10.
  7. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Terrogaunt wrote:
    I've not been able to issolate what causes it, but it for sure happens when I pull those trash groups of 3-4 mobs in drunder. Maybe not 100% of the time, but atleast 80%.
  8. ARCHIVED-deadcrickets2 Guest

Grumpy_Warrior_01 wrote:
    What they should do is make all on-screen elements show under F10 and label them as well while in that mode. I can't begin to tell you how many other games do this very well. Like one of the nearest competitors LOTRO.
  9. ARCHIVED-Grumpy_Warrior_01 Guest

deadcrickets2 wrote:
    I agree to a point, but imagine what your screen would look like if broker, merchant, tradeskill, zone timers, map, persona, vault, bank and guild were all shown, for example. Windows that you open and close on demand like broker, persona, tradeskills, quests, spellbook, AA, and others, don't really need to be shown in F10.
    The way it works now, F10 shows windows that stay on the screen most or all of the time (chat, spell effects, maintained, group, target/implied, self, threat, hotbars.) Windows that would be useful added to F10 are the ones that appear and disappear without your direct control, the ones you have to "catch" in order to change settings: casting, breath, HO wheel, autoattack, large-text pop-up informational message, Achievement pop-up message, Beastlord Opening paw, streaming baby dragon, purple question mark info buttons, and i'm sure there are some I'm forgetting. Adding those would be useful, but would not clutter the F10 screen IMO.
  10. ARCHIVED-Terrogaunt Guest

Okay guys. I edited things a bit.
    You can now resize the window larger and smaller and the window shows up with F10. It has a default opacity of 100% on the background and frame, but just change it in the window settings for it as you would for any other window. That should cover it.
    Coming soon to an environment near you. Enjoy
    EDIT: Oh, and there's a check to make sure that you have the autoattack bar enabled before it makes it show up in F10 too, so make sure that's active.