Fixed Internally Auto Attack Breaks Stealth

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Kittik, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Tetley Member

Go to Character options and set your default auto attack to off. Each of the CA's which you need to be in stealth to use and which put you in stealth make into a macro with the ability first and a command line under it with /autoattack 0, any ability which doesn't require stealth make into a macro with the ability first and a command line under it with /autoattack 1. It will work best if you don't queue the abilities... start the next cast when the pervious has finished. I know this isn't ideal but it works...

Also for any Rangers out there pair the /autoattack 0 with Rear Shot if your auto attack is turning the mob before the CA hits...

"/autoattack 0" is off
    "/autoattack 1" is Melee on
    "/autoattack 2" is Ranged on
  2. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

...Or they could just fix stealth.
  3. Kilzjhen New Member

Still broken on Kaladim server. Macroing every skill is unacceptable.
  4. Tetley Member

I agree 100% that's why I said its not ideal but it works
  5. Thordalf Developer

There should be a fix for this on the test server later today.

We changed when auto-attack enables for all offensive abilities (not just stealthed and positional ones), so we want to make sure nothing else got broken before pushing to live. We've tested it out on our side, and things seem to be working, but any testing and feedback on your end will be greatly appreciated! This includes trying out different spells and classes (both stealth/positional and non-stealth/non-positional).

Thanks for all of the reproduction steps; they definitely helped us track down the issue.
  6. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Thanks Thordalf, you are my hero (shhh, don't tell @Ttobey.... he'll get all artistic on us!)

I've got a few minutes for forum surfing, and will definitely try to do some testing this weekend. In the middle of two-week sprint for work, so it's been a bit crazy. Is there any specific scenario you'd like a 110 Ranger to try, or just use my imagination (what little is still functioning at the moment - seeing formula's, Venn diagrams, milestone maps, and spreadsheets whenever I close my eyes)?
  7. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

It's the nature of sprints :) Very glad I work mainly with Prince2 or TPM (waterfall).

Looking forward to this being fixed - my ranger is collecting dust in character select at the moment.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  8. DreadRoberts Active Member

Calm and measured hurray!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Awesome! I needed to jump on my Troubie tonight anyway, so now I'll have all sorts of reasons! :)

Plus, I've also got a........Ranger, Dirge, Assassin, and Swashbuckler on Test as well, so I'll trot them out, too. ;->

Uwk
    DreadRoberts and Breanna like this.