Fixed Internally Auto Attack Breaks Stealth

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Kittik, Feb 11, 2020.

1. DreadRoberts Active Member

I'll give the benefit of the doubt here that this isn't it, mostly because it makes no sense at all to additionally paywall what is a core mechanic of scouts. And because that would be so very disappointing. :(
    Marae and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yeah... :-/

I hope you're right. :)

Uwk
    Marae and DreadRoberts like this.
  3. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Since I solo a lot, and basically pull all my alts through the sig line every time I come back from a break, I tend to buy the 4 sec delay a lot. On low DPS characters (ie Templar or low stats tank classes), devastation strike hits twice as hard as any skill, and fills in for classes that lack a lot of AoE's. Faster hits, faster procs. In my perfect world, I'd have devastation strike and equalize on each character, potentially triggering every 4 sec, plus from any skill that can trigger it.

Ahh dreams. But I'd still be happier if the auto attack timing mechanic was temporarily brought back until a tested version of uninterrupted auto attack was ready.

But as I said, I"m not actually complaining because it seems like my scout has the best DPS of all my alts, without even trying hard. I did invest more in her, doing the dropped quests, which I wouldn't normally do for an alt that's "on the shelf." But she's still way behind my warlock in stats, and seems to be far more effective in solos, anyway.

I think because you used to have to buff/debuff to be really effective as Swashy, and now a lot of that is less important, so its the effect of not having to worry about pre-casting the buff/debuffs. If I didn't have to worry about casting the buffs with Warlock, he'd be unleashed the same way. Having to cast Void Surge skills instead of having all the time buff to Fervor from something "until cancelled" has the effect of slowing DPS. Not to mention the "piggyback" damage skills that work like "when anyone in your raid attacks, you do extra damage... maybe." and the Aura of Magic and Gift, and etc.

If my Swashy NEEDED to use the piggyback damage spells to be effective, the debuffs, etc, they'd be about equal. But atm it seems unnecessary, at least for soloing. Having played for a while, I think this may be a temporary situation.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! I'm gonna save this page for your advice with Templars! Drives me crazy, trying to solo with them...takes forever to cast a spell, even with all your AA points in branches that increase that speed, and it seems like their so-called "plate armor" is made of tissue paper. :-/

Thanks! :)

Uwk
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  5. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Slightly OT, but for soloing with my Templar (who is my sage and this expac I'd have no choice but to level her), I also consider Exorcise to be essential and using a Fabled DPS merc like Claz'akala helps a lot. I don't seem to have a problem healing me and my merc with Exorcise on and with Claz'akala handling the cures. Divine Waters / Repent (ward), and dps away until they time out, and repeat. It's a bit of a pain when the zone is messy like the Seru instances, but atm I'm OK with it. I'm never going to grind solos with her. This isn't KA where you could speed run the solos in quest gear, but it's not too annoying.

In theory, scout merc dps should be equally impressive as scout dps. But I'm not complaining because at least the mercs are immune to a lot of dots which would disable them completely. I do know someone with a fully trained Claz'akala in infused / adorned gear that can one shot anything solo that's not a named. But it would be a while before my Templar was in that condition.
  6. Irrixess New Member

7. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

What was the "fix"? As far as I can tell, nothing's been "fixed." :-/

Uwk
    Breanna, Semperfifofum and Wulfgyr like this.
  9. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Not sure, it could've been simply left out. Sounds to me like Dreamweaver was told to close that thread by someone who was tired of hearing about it. I mean why else close a thread before the fix is confirmed?
  10. Kittik Well-Known Member

Thanks, I was wondering why that thread had disappeared when the issue wasn't actually "fixed".

Still isn't fixed and we're still waiting on it.
  11. Elijah_tle New Member

And yet another patch without fixing the issue.

Pretty please?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rhodris like this.
  12. Kittik Well-Known Member

Nice patch notes today. Any chance you forgot to mention that this is being worked on?
  13. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Today was a scheduled restart, the little bit they worked in was a "bonus." But yes, my ranger would love to see this worked on as well. :\
    Rhodris and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. DreadRoberts Active Member

RIP, my scouts. :(
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Do the same people who hate crafters also hate Scouts? :(

Uwk
    Marae, Breanna and Rhodris like this.
  16. Kittik Well-Known Member

Reads today's notes.

*sad Ranger sounds
    *walks away slowly
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

No fix for that yet? :(

Uwk
    whose Scout sub-Horde members weep :-/
  18. DreadRoberts Active Member

The crushing silence is the worst of all. :(
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

At least, the crafter haters have been defeated! We're getting our harvested materials info back! :D

(At least, once The Great Database Migration is over and we don't have to worry about hoof-prints on our anatomy...or was that something that came in with today's regular maintenance? :D /crossing_fingers)

Uwk
  20. Marae Well-Known Member

Yup, came in with the regular maintenance and is now a done deal. I'm one very happy crafter!

It has taken me almost this long to get an idea of what has happened with the auto-attack mechanic, because most of my questing these days has been getting caught up in lower level zones where I'm one-shotting everything anyway. But it is kind of odd to let off a shot and see on your screen "target is not alive" or whatever that message is - apparently it's dead before I even shoot it, like just thinking about shooting it has killed it. Pretty hilarious, but not very realistic (and yeah, yeah, I know it's a fantasy game, has magic, and all that, but there still is - or should be - internal logic to the system).

So yeah, I am also in favor of putting auto-attack back the way it was. It just makes more sense that way.
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.