Fixed Internally Auto Attack Breaks Stealth

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Kittik, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Kittik Well-Known Member

Not sure where the original thread concerning this issue went, but this is not fixed.

Enter stealth, try to engage enemy with a "requires stealth" ability. Instantly out of stealth and an auto attack hits followed by the error message of "This ability requires stealth." CA doesn't go off and I'm engaged in combat.

If already in combat, I'll use a "grants stealth" ability followed by a "requires stealth" ability only to have an auto attack hit before the CA of the "requires stealth" ability has finished casting. Followed by the error message of "This ability requires stealth."
    Acuba, Liav, Tkia and 19 others like this.
  2. Kainok New Member

An auto attack delay on/off in character options would be a good idea.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Zynt like this.
  3. Jovie Well-Known Member

It was fixed but is now broken again. This is getting old.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Cyrrena and Zynt like this.
  4. Kittik Well-Known Member

I heard it was fixed on "Live" servers. But has not been working properly since that patch the removed the Auto Attack mechanic.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  5. Krue New Member

Please do something about this. Even setting up all skills with macros doesn't seem to help 100%. The only way I'm sure to get my sin AOE's off is start casting them away from mobs, and get in range just as it finishes casting (if that makes sense lol)

I'm recently returned to the game, so if anyone has a better solution than turning off auto in settings, and macroing every stealth related attack, and setting other skills to enable autoattack, in between stealth attacks ect. This is an obscene amount of hoops just for my class to kinda function again.

If you're going to not fix this for awhile, can you change stealth attacks to be just positional or stealth abilities simply grant a temp stealth buff/flag, so we can just land these attacks normally, until a permanent fix is in place?
  6. Kittik Well-Known Member

This is still and unresolved issue on Kaladim.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Zynt and Cyrrena like this.
  7. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

Its also been noticeable on HoF again.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Zynt like this.
  8. DreadRoberts Active Member

Happening to me on AB and Maj'Dul.
  9. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

It is still an issue everywhere (including here on Test). It is also an issue when soloing, and trying to do positional (flanking or behind) attacks, since the mob aggros and flips to face you before your attack even lands.
  10. Tangris Well-Known Member

Still borked.
  11. Kittik Well-Known Member

This was never fixed in the first place. This is especially noticeable in Kaladim where we don't have an AA line that allows us to use stealth abilities without being stealth.
  12. Elijah_tle New Member

Please, do something about this. It has been broken for a while now and we shouldn't have to make a bunch of macros to make our class work. Some communication on the issue would be greatly appreciated... Multiple people have asked about this on discord without an answer that it will at least be looked into. Thank you.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cyrrena like this.
  13. Kittik Well-Known Member

Any word on this? Please can someone help us?!? I am honestly begging for assistance here. The work around doesn't work well enough and this is ruining the game for me.
  14. DreadRoberts Active Member

Seconded. :(
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Cyrrena and Zynt like this.
  15. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Thirded. My ranger is not a happy ratonga.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  16. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

Fourthed, fifthed, and sixthed. I'd forgotten about this until I started a ranger on Test and holy crap it's got a big impact at lower levels.

Not going to get many returning scouts with this still broken.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I was wondering! Was going through the Erollisi Day stuff in Nektropos Castle when I really noticed it, trying to sneak up on a lich in the "in order to get to fight the lich, you have to first contract tetanus from the trap" room. I found that my best in-stealth move would sort of still work, if I got just about in the back of the lich's undershorts (what there was of them; ew) but didn't get so close to him that I was no longer "behind" him. :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena likes this.
  18. DreadRoberts Active Member

Read patch notes for tomorrow with bated breath.

Heart-broken at the absence. :(
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  19. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

This is really confusing. But the overall effect is that my DPS is so strong with Swashy that it's not a practical issue when soloing. I think she does more damage than my Warlock, though there is a 20k difference in their Potency. I'm just keeping her current by leveling her up and the red adorn situation is keeping me from switching mains right now.

I vote for the old method of timing your attacks to return. At least we could use our skills that way. When they properly test a fix, they can try it on Test and then roll it out if it works. I don't like being a beta tester on live servers.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen. None of us do, even those of us who do Public Test and Live. :-/

And, I have a theory...it may be wrong, it may get me Officially Chided in a PM, but it may have something to do with weapon delay being at least 6.0 seconds (or whatever unit of time it is) or so these days. If you staarrrt tooooo slowwwwwly swiiiiiiing a weaaaaaaapon in a move from behind and/or while under Stealth, it apparently gives the target more than enough time to realize something's happening, since the Stealth breaks apparently at the first second of the delay, rather than the sixth second, when the hit would land, and ostensibly, someone would get the idea that someone dangerous was behind them only at that last second.

And, of course, there are lovely, handy-dandy tokens you can buy on the Marketplace to reduce your weapon delay... :-/

Uwk
    Semperfifofum likes this.