Auto Attack Breaks Stealth

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Haun, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Haun New Member

Any updates on the known issue of auto attack breaking stealth? There was a thread on the topic, but is was locked due to squabbling. So no squabbling please.
    Breanna likes this.
  2. Ganu_Zephyr New Member

Yeah please fix this, it's very frustrating playing Assassin/Ranger when you got full haste buff even if you time or macro. Let me sniper shot at pull !!
  3. Dude Well-Known Member

Breanna likes this.
  4. Kittik Well-Known Member

5. Kittik Well-Known Member

6. Phellen Member

Still broken after patch.
  7. Hydraulics Member

Yep, stealth still breaking on autos.
  8. Grawl Member

I came back to the game to play casually on Kaladim TLE after 8 month hiatus. Went back to playing a Assassin, which I really started to like on Fallen Gate before it got shut down. Now on here, it's become a real pain in the rear to play because of this stealth issue. I guess there is sort of a solution to fix on the UI, but it's creating a lot of macro's.
    I'm not sure how this issue got broken and makes zero sense why it's not fixed. Please fix this immediately.
    Thank you.
    Kittik likes this.
  9. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Is it still breaking stealth in all situations or specific ones? Had someone try to reproduce this on Kaladim and it was not breaking stealth, so I am wondering if it's something more specific, any additional info you have that I can pass on to the dev team would be great.
  10. Hydraulics Member

I tested it some more this morning. Dirge bump seems to work but regular sneak does not. Swashbuckler sneak, boot dagger, and shadow slip do not work. You auto out of them every time and get the you must be sneaking to use the ability when you try to Shanghai.

These tests were done with auto attack mode set to forced melee.
  11. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Hmmm okay, interesting. That's some good additional info, thanks!
    Xevran and Breanna like this.
  12. Ryonyx Member

But I thought it said that the patch fixed it? How can it still be broken if it was fixed?...
  13. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

It sounds like its fixed for live and still having some issues on Kaladim, which do have slightly different code interactions at the base level so that could have something to do with it. But I am just the community manager so that's just a guess from me and my incredibly limited knowledge.
    Xevran, Rhodris, Ryonyx and 2 others like this.
  14. Ryonyx Member

Ahhh, that makes sense. About to log in and test it out myself on Kaladim. That could definitely be the issue. If you need further testing on anything i'm a willing participant! xD
  15. Haun New Member

From an Assassin's testing....
    1. Starting an attack when in stealth, when you initiate any stealth attack, an auto attack goes off breaking stealth before the stealth attack can hit.
    2. Masked strike (drops you into stealth) when you initiate any stealth attack, an auto attack goes off breaking stealth before the stealth attack can hit.
    3. Stalk (drops you into stealth) when you initiate any stealth attack, an auto attack goes off breaking stealth before the stealth attack can hit.
    4. Concealment (drops you into stealth after an auto attack) when you initiate any stealth attack, an auto attack goes off breaking stealth before the stealth attack can hit.

......Unless you make various macro's to turn on and off auto attack, to work around this bug that has been in the game for weeks. Please go grab a coder by the ear, drag them to their machine and promise them a Mountain Dew to resolve this issue. /emote tap foot
  16. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

That feels aggressive and like a possible trip to HR and I reeeeally like this job/talking to you folks.
    Xevran, Dude, Rhodris and 1 other person like this.
  17. Tetley Member

as they are kind of related, because of the change to make auto attack fire through casting, When soloing on a Ranger you sometimes start with Rear shot and you need to be flanking the mob to cast it and when you try to do this auto attack triggers before the ability is casted and fails because the mob is now facing you. Again a work around includes creating a macro which isn't ideal as sometimes queueing an ability that is macroed with with /autoattack 0 still triggers autoattack if your abilities aren't fully refreshed.
  18. Grawl Member

/autoattack 0 isn't the right command. I have three correct command, but am at work. Can post out tonight.
    Sixgauge likes this.
  19. Kittik Well-Known Member

Please don't. I don't want a work around. I want the game to work.
  20. Hydraulics Member

So until they fix it you would rather not have a workaround? Yes, it is inconvenient to have to turn auto on and off but it is better than losing damage.
    Sixgauge likes this.