ATTN Red Names: Time To Seriously Update This Board

Discussion in 'Roleplaying' started by ARCHIVED-Meriel, Dec 14, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Meriel Guest

Dear Red Names,
    It's time for you to seriously update your boards. With F2P now here, the RP community will be seeing a lot of fresh blood. Given that, there is a lot of information in your stickies that is irrelevant anymore like the Lucan D'Lere Guild Listing thread. Lucan d'Lere hasn't been a server for a while. And the RP Hot Spots thread is severely out of date, half of the places listed don't even exist anymore, and there are many more that aren't on those lists. The Roleplay Communities thread is also out of date.
    Despite the fact that newer information is included in said threads, the fact that the original posts are extremely out of date sets a bad example.
    There is still a thriving, though small, roleplay community in this game. It's about time you support it, instead of driving it further underneath the pile of raiding and progression.
    Signed,
    A roleplayer
  2. ARCHIVED-metalhed Guest

I agree. The boards are bloated with super old useless info. A purge on non-sticky, player-made post from say '04 - '10 would be a good start, then check to see if stickies are still useful, if not delete those too.
  3. ARCHIVED-grimesie Guest

4. ARCHIVED-ttobey Guest

Send in The Kraken!!
  5. ARCHIVED-Varinn Guest

Hercules! I beg you. Don't! Hercules! The legs! Lift with the legs!
  6. ARCHIVED-Inevera Guest

Agree with OP.
    I'm on Splitpaw which is the only server offered to us Brits, and all I ever hear is that it's a raiding server and role players should go to AB etc. Well, we're trying hard to get an RP community on Splitpaw - can't see why the server shouldn't be able to accommodate all game styles.
    However, it is hard to get the message out there that RP is happening on Splitpaw so this Roleplaying forum is vital, especially as has been mentioned, the F2P is bringing in new blood to the game.
    Perhaps the forum name could be upgraded to something like "Roleplayers Community" to attract new players here.
  7. ARCHIVED-SisterTheresa Guest

ttobey wrote:
    Heck, I am unemployed, I'll clean up the boards.
    I'm serious. I'd be more than happy to help.
  8. ARCHIVED-Meriel Guest

ttobey wrote:
    That's cute and all, but how about some real support here?
    For far too long, roleplayers have had to resort to their own little communities scattered around the internet. These communities are comprised with some of the biggest mouths ever, intimidating new roleplayers to roleplay their way or get out. If you aren't in their little exclusive clique, they won't pay attention to you, thus discouraging new players from even attempting. You thought the raiding community was picky? HAH!
    So why not give the new roleplayer a decent and up-to-date starting point? I'd be happy to create new posts to get rid of the tired, out-of-date posts.
    The RP community needs some guidance, and quite honestly, it should start on the game's actual forums, not elsewhere. And the welcome should be extended to ALL servers, not just AB.
  9. ARCHIVED-Inevera Guest

Michayla@Najena wrote:
    Couldn't agree more. It's great that AB is recognised for its RP community, but would be better if people realised RP can happen anywhere on any server.
    Also agree with comment about intimidation by "expert" RPers. This seems to happen on any game where there is an RP clique, not just here. In our guild we offer help to new role players in getting started with basic RP, creating character backgrounds and helping them integrate in current RP storylines.
    All the more reason why this forum should be a welcoming help shop for role players, new, casual and experienced.
  10. ARCHIVED-Meriel Guest

Drumstixx@Blackburrow wrote:
    I really don't see how that offers anything constructive to the discussion of ROLEPLAYING but thanks for trying.
    @Inevera: That's really great. I'm glad to hear that there are still people around that are willing to help new people in terms of RPing, not just shun them outright like so many of the so-called "veterans." I've watched a lot of veterans chase new people off the server, or the game completely simply because they didn't like the way they roleplayed. A lot of decent RPers and people in general chased off simply because they didn't fit in to their little clique of friends.
    So it's very nice to see others trying to help. Almost makes me wish I rolled on a server that wasn't AB, since it seems a lot of the "veterans" consider AB their personal sandbox, and if people don't RP their way, they need to leave or be ousted from the community.
  11. ARCHIVED-Trinral Guest

Michayla@Najena wrote:

*Let's keep the insults away from the forums please*

Aside from that that factual element, I do agree that outdated information on any section of the EQ2 boards, even for the PVP and RPing communities, should have some semblance of being up to date.
  12. ARCHIVED-Elomort Guest

*Scratches idley behind his left ear, kicking the ground before counghing gently*
    Excuse me Meriel
    *Watches eagerly until they look down and raise their eyebrows indicating I may speak*
    Have yous considered maybes that unless the informations is created by the players there is nothing there for the forum godses to update these boardses with, hmmm?
    *grabs hold of the tip of his tail, gnawing on the end slightly nervously*
    Maybes us can start a new set of replacements guides thens when they are written we ask one of the forums godses to just do a replacement? Hmmm, Eruditeses are good are writing and blowing up moonses and planetses, well, gnomses can blow up moonses and planetses too but Eruditeses can write.
    *looks at the lot of you*
    We needs someone with time to makes a start.
  13. ARCHIVED-Raffir Guest

Avirodar@Oasis wrote:
    I agree. Half the links take you to websites that haven't had a single new post in months...if not years.
    *Let's keep the insults away from the forums please*
    Raf
  14. ARCHIVED-Banedon_Toran Guest

It's YOUR board as well you know, check if the original posters of the stickied threads are still around and if not start your own replacement and make sure you cover all the relevant up to date information.
    It's not the job of moderators or developers (i.e. red names) to update player created sticky threads.
  15. ARCHIVED-Queaden Guest

ttobey wrote:
    Just to make sure that no stone stands and no creature crawls? :)
  16. ARCHIVED-SOE-MOD-02 Guest

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=499962&post_id=5685424 Trolling is not permitted
  17. ARCHIVED-SOE-MOD-02 Guest

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=499962&post_id=5693963 Off topic
  18. ARCHIVED-SOE-MOD-02 Guest

Keep the discussion on topic please :)
  19. ARCHIVED-Raffir Guest

Raffir wrote:
    How in the world a simple observation about outdated links could be construed as an insult is beyond me..but whatever.
    Raf
  20. ARCHIVED-Meriel Guest

Banedon_Toran wrote:
    This board is owned and moderated by SoE. Frankly, I find the responsibility of making sure that stickies don't contain 404'd links on them, not me.
    As I said, I'd be willing to create replacement topics, but, at the same time, I'm not going to waste my time until I get confirmation from a red name that the topics in place would be replaced by new topics. Because, in all honesty, trying to revitalize this board would be a waste of time if there wasn't SOME support coming from SoE. And so far the only support I've seen is some moderator getting upset at "insults" and some dev making a lame joke. Sorry, that doesn't count.