At wits end with downloading Launchpad

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by 1975, Jan 3, 2013.

1. 1975 New Member

here is my story , well for past 2 months,i had to reinstall eq2 three times Using window 7 after having constant issues zoning in SS or guildhalls when i have like 4 gigs of ram kick butt video card and direct x 11. Now here is the kicker everytime i unistall and reinstall the game i either have crashing problems corrputed files or cant find the darn program . Is it wise to just buy or search for old cds/dvd to install the game ? Tonight's issue is when i try to run launchpad it said i have no permission . can someone advise me on solving this before i throw my pc out the window.
  2. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Well, for first, normaly you don´t have to redo install all the time (normaly), just do a full scann from launchpad, normaly it redos needed files. (I installed eq2 last year or so, i do mean 2011 ^^)
    As for the permisson part, ever tryed to run it as admin? Right click -> admin ? Might solve this issue. (Never had, but i think i start eq2 this way normaly ^^)
    If a program still bugs me out, i do a deepscan of my hdd, which sometimes turns out to be corupted (in some ways).
    Other then that, i dont have a clue, but you could make a ticket... perhaps get a answer, but you have to run dxdiag to provide more information. (Kick butt video card could be every card, depends on point of view ^^)
  3. 1975 New Member

i done file scans :( got geforce niveda but probably better ones out there
  4. Estred Well-Known Member

Streaming or stand-alone (old) client? Also 4gigs is the amount of memory I used to have an very populated guildhalls and Skyshrine would cause memory-leak errors or at least RAM exceeded errors. My own experience was just upgrading my RAM fixed that issue.

Seems you may really have a platform problem. Have you contacted CSR possibly with a DXDiag and MSinfo file generated?
  5. Andariel Member

Yeah nowday T3 guild halls 4GB is pretty low honestly. The dont have permission is Admin its asking for Win 7 supposed to do it by default i believe but ive noticed a good ton of games programs lately it doesnt do it with. Also if ya wouldnt mind what is exact model of video card Geoforce Nvidia is pretty vague at best heh :)
  6. 1975 New Member

think its 9200 series and have done msdiag and other one