At 40 monks can be tigers or...

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Gaige, Dec 15, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-xripperx Guest

Did you notice that the monk in that picture has one big ear and one small ear? :) To many rapid strikes to the head me thinks
  2. ARCHIVED-Dasiem Guest

Are you serious? your complaining that being a tiger isnt good enough??? at lvl 40 i look like a poop statue, [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot].
  3. ARCHIVED-xripperx Guest

Tiger form is to cover up the terrible looking quest armor
  4. ARCHIVED-Dovifat Guest

It's a fluff spell, it is not supposed to give any bonus ( with the exception of the pally/sk horses, but thats another story ). The priests' forms are regular spells, thats why they give buffs.

You are off rather well i might add, look at the lvl 40 Bruiser form and tell me if you are still disappointed ( pictures : http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=7&message.id=869 ).
  5. ARCHIVED-Pheihong Guest

how exactly do you turn into a tiger? turned 40 and didn't get any tiger form except stone stance.
  6. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

You need to buy it in Elddar.
  7. ARCHIVED-Coraz2 Guest

Screw tiger, I finally got my ratonga eyeball, woooooooooooooo
  8. ARCHIVED-DrrakoXhaoXing Guest

What is NPC ya get that off of Coraz?
  9. ARCHIVED-Coraz2 Guest

Mervos duderman in NQ by the claymore monument.
  10. ARCHIVED-Raage Guest

I haven't laughed that hard at something in a while...part of started with reading this, then reading what the brawlers had to say about their lvl 40 "fun spell". THEN SEEING what they get...TOO FUNNY..poop man...
  11. ARCHIVED-bynari Guest

It doesn't matter how you look.

Being a monk is about being in a certain state of mind.

What do looks have to do with the path to enlightenment? Get it together, folks! You're monks, not fashion models :smileyhappy:
    Just because Shaolin monks wear orange robes doesn't mean Norrathian monks need wear orange robes.

It *would* be nice though if there was an option similar to /showhood where you could buy, design or have someone else design your own personal
    robes and then /showrobe to toggle its display. Maybe we can all /feedback this, I will anyway.

Regards
  12. ARCHIVED-Ralumenta Guest

Hey gage does the tiger have a speed boost like the paally/sk steed? sorry if you already posted if it did or no im to tired to go looking :)
  13. ARCHIVED-Kwonryu_DragonFist Guest

Adds AC 150, +50 to Str,Agi,Sta and faster hp/power regen as well as +20 % movement speed and +50 % Haste!

/JK!

Just a fun spell that makes the Monk looks like a tiger, no stats touched as far as i know! :D
  14. ARCHIVED-DrrakoXhaoXing Guest

Bynari.... their path of martial artists automaticly play some roll in what they wear. I hope one day that monks will get something that do make them look like they are on the path of enlightenment.
  15. ARCHIVED-Steamburn Guest

>However, I cannot see any reason why a Shaolin monk wouldn't wear real armor. Certainly he wouldn't wear plate, but light armor is totally reasonable for his skill set.

Even light armor would hinder movement and decrease agility.

>The real difference between a Shaolin monk and an EQ2 monk is that we can wield real weapons (cestii, hammers, maces, flails, morning stars). Shaolin monks used a staff and that's just about it. Being Buddhists, they were opposed to weapons. A staff however, could serve primarily as a walking stick and was accepted.

You obviously know nothing about Shaolin monks They use swords and shields and many other weapons. Buddhists are not opposed to weapons at all, only violence. However, being victims of violence for many years, they realized the need for defense. And defense against armed marauders meant using weapons, particularly since they first started learning how to fight from hired mercenaries who protected them and their temples from bandits.

>What does an EQ2 monk believe in? Buddha? I think not. Suffice it to say that people trying to make EQ2 monks into some other kind of monk are fighting a losing battle. As long as the class is fun to play and has ways to role-play, I see nothing wrong with what EQ2 is doing.

There's no particular reason why a monk cannot look like what we know of as a monk in real life. As far as I can tell, the armor graphics for the other fighter classes look much more realistic this time around. We have expectations of what a guardian's armor would look like, and EQ2 accurately depicts that expectation. Why not have the same with monks? The key to the appeal of the monk is the complete appearance of humility with a seriously bada$$ side just below the surface. If they aren't going to represent it that way, then they shouldn't call the class "monk." It's that simple.
  16. ARCHIVED-jay777 Guest

Yes I am going to necro this thread, I think it is up to the player what a monk is, there are many differant kinds of monks ever heard of gregorian monks? Anyways you can choose to only use batons if you wanted for rp reasons like I said it is up to the player, but I would like to know if you can use katannas in this game?
  17. ARCHIVED-Dread_Fang Guest

Please do not necropost.
    Thanks,