At 40 monks can be tigers or...

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Gaige, Dec 15, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Spider-Man?!

[IMG]

Ha Ha. You guys think better than the other stuff or no?

Anyways this is the 40-45 stuff pretty much, mostly dropped.
  2. ARCHIVED-Bladewind Guest

ALways liked that outfit and looking forward to wearing it now:) Thanks a ton for keeping us updated as you progress!
  3. ARCHIVED-Velorek Guest

Uggh. What is Sony thinking?? The level 20 armor quest may not look the greatest (/drool Eldarr Grove outfits) but at least I look "monkly", IMO.

The stuff you're posting lately shows us to look nothing like a monk. :smileysad:

On a seperate note, after looking at those stats, what are your resists like at your level? 1500? 2000?
    Message Edited by Velorek on 12-15-2004 03:36 PM
  4. ARCHIVED-PatrickBateman Guest

/gasp

that is some pretty sick looking armor. i cant wait!!

keep us posted on the high level gear and moves. its one of the biggest draws to the forums.
  5. ARCHIVED-Bladewind Guest

There is some technical hindrance with giving us the eldarr grove outfits - read abbout it in an interview at Brawler's Nest (think that is the site name) with Moorguard.

edit: I can spell.

My personal preference would be for a silk kung fu outfit. I'd like to see different colors available at level decades (20, 30, 40 etc).
    Message Edited by Bladewind on 12-15-2004 12:41 PM
  6. ARCHIVED-iNiQUitY- Guest

Can I talk to you for the next leg of "the journey is half the fun" quest, Gage?
  7. ARCHIVED-perculator Guest

That armor looks bad-[expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] .,, I like unique looking armor like that..

Velorek: What do you mean we look nothing like Monks? You wanna look like this guy or something?
    [IMG]
  8. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

[IMG]

Here is my unbuffed resistances.

My bracers/gloves are t3 crafted because I need 3 more lvls to wear the ones I linked.

My items are so/so (green or better) also, have a lot of upgrades coming from 41-43.

But yeah, that is me at 40 atm, as far as stats go.
  9. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

I haven't done it, but I know some people who have.
    From what I hear you need someone in the party with evac, especially for the Nek part of the quest.
    Other than that all the other parts are easy.
  10. ARCHIVED-Nagasakee Guest

Thanks Gage for the updated pictures. I want to truly thank you for the fine work you've done for the monk community, we owe you.

On the graphics of the armor itself. We've gone from circus performer (The 20+'s green harem outfit) to what looks like either a stable attendent or a Swiss guard at the Vatican....the armor has a style but certainly not one that I would associate with a monk at all.

The only good news for me is that the green armor's lifespan is limitted...
  11. ARCHIVED-TheRealDude Guest

yes acctualy =P something like that
  12. ARCHIVED-Velorek Guest

Exactly. Something that lends itself to our forte: avoiding mobs. The stuff we're seeing at 40+ makes us look more like light warriors. Instead of being a light warrior, I prefer a unique Monk.

Like it or hate it, the level 20 quest armor at least looks unique and rather monkly, IMO.
  13. ARCHIVED-RadricTycho Guest

Well the shaolin monks wore robes that looked much like a Karate Gi. The main difference being the color (usually saffron) and the leg wraps.

However, I cannot see any reason why a Shaolin monk wouldn't wear real armor. Certainly he wouldn't wear plate, but light armor is totally reasonable for his skill set.

The real difference between a Shaolin monk and an EQ2 monk is that we can wield real weapons (cestii, hammers, maces, flails, morning stars). Shaolin monks used a staff and that's just about it. Being Buddhists, they were opposed to weapons. A staff however, could serve primarily as a walking stick and was accepted.

What does an EQ2 monk believe in? Buddha? I think not. Suffice it to say that people trying to make EQ2 monks into some other kind of monk are fighting a losing battle. As long as the class is fun to play and has ways to role-play, I see nothing wrong with what EQ2 is doing.
  14. ARCHIVED-DrrakoXhaoXing Guest

If you didnt tell me that was a monk I would think it was an Assassin Rogue type class =/ We need the armor from Elder Grove. This is dumb... They give us plate then Rogue armor....
  15. ARCHIVED-ForceUser Guest

Zadkiel (of www.monkly-business.com): Can monk PCs ever have the same look as the monk NPCs in Elddar Grove?
    Our quest armor at 20 has a quite different look (that some people don't like, although I have no problem with it personally).

Moorgard: There is currently a bug with that armor type that prevents us from allowing players to wear it. I'd love to see players wearing that outfit (as well as the bruiser variation) as much as you, but unfortunately it isn't an easy fix. For now those armors will have to remain exclusive to NPCs.

-------------------
    And there you have it. You can read the full interview here: http://www.brawlers-pit.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=41&Itemid=2
  16. ARCHIVED-Coraz2 Guest

The armor secretly gives you uber hax. Hahaha no fix, what the hell could possibly be wrong with it.
  17. ARCHIVED-Auhal Guest

I like the look of that - does Tiger form do anything special?
  18. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Nope.
  19. ARCHIVED-Norivar Guest

Very disappointing in my opinion. Bear/cat form tend to give bonuses to healers AC and other effects. If lion form does not do something along those lines, what's the point other than another fluff spell like Silent Fist kata?
  20. ARCHIVED-Glimmerella Guest

The tiger is gorgeous.

Armor, however, belongs on cover of "Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club" album.