assassin recived a TON of PvP damage nerfs, why?

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Davngr, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Davngr Well-Known Member

yea bro, you're right.

that assassin range damage is supppppper opppppp brah..

and my problem is cretinous post, i can't stand them.
  2. Mimixx(2) Member

Sorry to hear maybe you can withstand them a day..
  3. Xeos Well-Known Member

Davngr, there is no way to talk common sense into you, you try to spin everything.

You want me to PM hundreds of parses for you to peruse??? I mean then you can see what I am talking about.

However, be rest assured, I have already seen these same antics from other folks when I was getting my SK nerfed back in the day. You present nothing new, original or sound in your defense of the class.
  4. Davngr Well-Known Member

hey xeow now that we know that assassin range damage is overpowerd why don't you post some parses to explain how a melee range class should not be able to kill anyone at range all. then ask for FFU and deathmark to be nerfed because that will fix the overpower range damage, right?
  5. Davngr Well-Known Member

i have those same parses so i don't need yours.

also..i wish you had betrayed to something else because your common sense is non-sense.
  6. Kwikdeath Active Member

The people wanting Assassins nerfed are idiots. On end-game content, Assassins trail Beastlords, Wizzys and Locks, Necros and Conjys, and half the time Rangers. Many of the fights require jousting, a ranged component and/or a bunch of movement.

How are assassins moving around and jousting/staying ranged, not nearly as good as casters that's how.

If you are talking about trash fights or turn-and-burned names you need to get outta here, no one cares about that ****. On progression fights, which many of require moving and positioning etc., Assassins lose way more dps than casters, and still trail BLs. If you are posting ZW parses that's crap because most of that is trash and no one cares because it dies so quickly. Progression fights and HM **** is all that matters, and Assassins are not nearly as far ahead as people are talking in this thread, because they are not 1 min straight burn fights. (Whoohoo, I can parse 1.3 mil on the first fight in ST that no one gives a **** about, yay...).

I don't care at all about PvP, because a good player will beat a bad player most times in a 1-on-1 situation, and I have a lot more control of my destiny there. In PvE there is only so much I can do. Yes with a perfect setup we can throw some big numbers, but most times we don't have a perfect setup and the fights are not stupid *** stand there and mash buttons, unless all you are killing is easy mode **** and then who the **** cares.
  7. Pippin Active Member

Devs - suggest this thread has served its purpose and lock it.

We are going round in circles for a number of pages now.

Kwik - read the topic of this thread please - this is PVP/BG changes not PVE content. Why your ranting here whilst acknowledging you dont care about PVP is beyond me. Start a new topic if you want to rage but as these forums are for Test and there is no change incoming or planned to Sins in PVE on test - why bother ?
  8. Xeos Well-Known Member

Agreed, it has descended into redundant pointless bantering at this juncture.
  9. Davngr Well-Known Member

all it has done is prove how baseless the thread to nerf assassins was.

you got two single target abilities nerfed because your parses were too high in BG's vs. groups? srsly?

you should have asked for killingblow and aoe damage to be toned down but instead you totally misdiagnosed the problem. huge blunder on your part and since devs don't like to go back on their changes now the class is stuck, screwed directly do to your asinine assessment.

congrats bro.. srsly you should argue that assasin shouldn't do so much range damage and get FFU and mark nerfed next..

just to spite
  10. Pippin Active Member

11. Davngr Well-Known Member

you should betray back to ranger man.. clearly they ALL agree with you!
  12. Xeos Well-Known Member

Killing Blow never parses that high for me, did you not see the parse with 90 kill shots and only 10 were from the actual passive ability Killing Blow?

You still don't understand my perspective on how all of these things tie in together. I can understand since you don't PVP in the openworld, as you will rarely ever get a true 1v1 scenario in battlegrounds. This would really show you how overpowered Shadowstep is, especially in tandem with everything else we have access to. Also, just a note I retracted my statement for the nerf to Assassinate some time ago. I think you might have missed it.

The point I was making was that Assassins had the ability to be overpowered in both single target AND aoe damage.

• The reduction to Caustic Weaponry reduces a lot of the AOE damage and single target burst damage.
    • The reduction to Carnage lowers some of the sustained dps.
    • The reduction to Shadowstep lowers the huge surprise burst DPS, especially since it only has a 30-39s recast if you have decent reuse.speed.
    • The reduction to Death Mark's healing helps reduce the chance of an Assassin being able to stand toe-to-toe with a tank class and whittle them down. I have used this tactic many times. It also gives healers a fair shake at actually killing an Assassin in a 1v1 scenario.
    • Assassinate after re-evaluation was the only ability I felt that should remain as it is currently.
  13. Pippin Active Member

You really do have a pickle up yer butt over Rangers huh...

For the record as the Ranger ..Sins are the least of my problems - its Swashies / Brigs / Zerkers ;)

Its the other classes I have that just go wtf just happened I been steamrolled and there was nothing I could have done... ooo parse.. lets see 20k SS, FFU 25k, Assassinate 30k, along with a bucket load of other 3-15k hits - nooo sod that Ill just drop dead from a Proc for 20k instead.

Your smoking crack Dav - get a grip Sins need a drop in burst DPS.

Whats really funny is that burst DPS actually is likely not that big a part of total DPS or the zonewides... and thats not what we care about.. its a class being able to teleport to you click 2 buttons and your dead.

Burst DPS off the charts along with BL - both getting fixed and guess what Im glad as are a lot of other people.

Devs - please lock this. I cant help but reply to this muppet.
  14. Xeos Well-Known Member

15. Cynicisim Active Member

Is not assasinate always x2? I hear it never fails to double up.
  16. Kwikdeath Active Member

o_O we can burst once every 4 or 5 min and kill someone...wow. The classes that can burst every min or two seem a lot more pressing to deal with, but yeah let's not worry about Wizzys or Beastlords, just nerf Assassins some more. PFT should have a longer reuse, and FFU should be disabled in PVP...those would be some great suggestions because Assassins can burn all their temps and kill one person, so obviously they are OP.

What happens when you don't burn all your temps to kill one person, usually not that much.

LMFAO at dumbas*** Pippin using a 15 min reuse CA as an example of how OP Assassins are. And gl having FFU hit that hard if you just hit SS and Assassinate.

Look at what mages and BLs can burst for and how often they can do it and tell me with a straight face that assassins are OP cause they can burst and kill exactly one person every ~5 min...lmao.
  17. Kwikdeath Active Member

It's a choice you can spec for in the heroic tree, instead of doubling the damage the devs had it hit twice.
  18. Davngr Well-Known Member

i got nothing against rangers but you people that play rangers have something against the assassin class because 90% of the dolts who agree with xeows are rangers.. so go figure

assassins ARE a single target dps class of course they're going to have the higher single target burst damage but even then there are plenty of players and classes that i cant kill. xowes is so full of him self that he really believes he has never lost a one on one fight with anyone or been out parsed in BG's but his numbers say other wise because those are just mediocre numbers achievable by ANY DPS CLASS even ranger is they don't suck, do you suck? because nerfing assassin won't make you better, serious, it won't.
  19. Davngr Well-Known Member

so? ice comet hits five times. apoc hits 8 times. how many ticks does PB have?

can you people please stop the ignorant post?

fine you dont' like assassins in open world pvp.. i don't give a ..... that's not a reason to nerf their damage in GROUP oriented BG's.

edit.

oh yea.. this will be my last post so you nubs can go ahead and throw in your lil chump comebacks but this is to remind the durr durr's that:

PVP IN THIS GAME WILL NEVER BE TOTALLY BALANCED(because this game was not designed for pvp, pvp was an after thought) BETWEEN ALL THE CLASSES AND SOLO AND GROUP BUT IF I HAVE TO CHOOSE THEN I RATHER BALANCE THE GROUP ASPECT SINCE THIS IS AN MMO.

in short all your SOLO OPENWORLD PVP is NOT IMPORTANT AND DUMB TO TRY AND BALANCE. ok?

if devs want to give nagafen a different rule set than bg's more power to them but until then keep your solo cry fest to yourself.
  20. Pippin Active Member

Kwikdeath - u may want to opt for a little restraint on the insults - this isnt eq2flames and people can be reported. At the very least a little restraint might serve you well just as a general life lesson maybe ?

Assassinate for 90% of the sins out there is actually on less than 9 minutes - Something it seems you are not aware is applicable to your toon as well if you bother to check your AA selection ;)

Im arguing the burst DPS and part of that is assassinate. Yes Ive been hit on various toons for well over 30k for assassinate.

The 30k = Whether thats 15+15 or 25+10 etc.. The double hits quite often > 30k

Rangers have a similar high hitting CA called Sniper Shot and it most definitely does not match up to Assassinate right now and takes ages to cast all the while being stunned, kicked etc...

I played a sin till 92 - I played him regularly in BG. I know what the class can and cannot do.

BL is already being addressed - and yes mages can be deadly - but short of the perfect fight for a Lock Ive never seen a mage getting 40+ kills which I see regularly on Sins and BL.

Id say Locks are right now the strongest mages what with potential for deadly aoe also matched with Wizzies with their crazy survivability every couple of mins or so.. However at the end of the game i still feel they are relatively balanced. nasty, deadly dps but relatively balanced.

btw I base my feedback in BG based on some 42,000 kills (on 1 toon of 6 I BG with regularly) vs your grand total of 878.... please do however feel free to try to force your point by showing how much more experience you have than me in BG... just next time you insist on blatant personal attacks you will be reported.

Your Sin BG experience:
    http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/achievements/463858390286

My Ranger:
    http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/achievements/876173620200/battlegrounds

I can also happily share stats for BL, SK, Inq, Necro and Warden... all of which individually also out do BG experience your Sin by a margin.. in fact my most inexperienced BG toon outdoes yours more than 400%.... Not boasting just trying to make a point Ive seen a lot more BG action than you of which I base my opinions....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.