assassin recived a TON of PvP damage nerfs, why?

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Davngr, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MindNumb New Member

It all comes down to context. In BGs yea Zerkers perform very well, but look at the role of the class beyond just tank. They are an AoE tank who is strong against melee and receives most heals from physical. So a BG is their area to shine. Same with Warlocks, lots of big encounter and AoE damage so they will have an easier time putting up big overall numbers. But assassins aren't built for a group zerg fight, think about it. An assassin should be able to stealth, pop on a single target and burn it down the most efficiently of any class, and I believe they still are the best at that. A smart assassin can easily be a game changer. Able to pop on a healer and put them into self healing panic mode, or kill them, greatly benefits your whole team, since theirs isn't getting heals anymore, or well reduced most likely. People seem to want their classes to have a bit of everything and not lack at all, not just Assassins, but this is a problem. My swash cannot lock up and debuff as well as a brig can but i can put out a good chunk of damage to a lot of targets especially if temps are up. There are 6 types of scouts for a reason, each one does something different well, and I firmly believe if you take that uniqueness away, it will really hurt. It should be a pretty even keel of scouts kill mage, mage kill tank, tank kill scout, healer tries to stay alive longer than attacker's hp or their own mana.

I've been rocked many times by assassins both BG and open world by their typical opening chain. I can counter it but some situations I can't, it sucks. I can also destroy assassins especially if I see them coming, but then who's fault is that.
  2. Nediam Member

Completely agree, which is why nerfing the hardest hitting and the most useful single target combat art on an assassin doesn't make a lot of sense.
  3. Pippin Active Member

What is so hard to understand a reduction in output is not the same as making a class useless ?

Sin s without any skill whatsoever can get within range and unload stupid burst right now.

The should still be able to after this just not to the point where they can just at will ss to anyone take him out, then the healer and stealth out again, rinse and repeat.

I will be the first to say Sins are inneffective if this went too far but right now I think we all should just await the results and THEN cry the heavens are coming down....
  4. Davngr Well-Known Member

you play a ranger and an assassin should be able to kill you fast and probably will still able to but the problem is that assassins are balanced vs. good healers and tanks right now and this nerf will kill that balance.

this guy parsing what he does and then posting it isn't anything special. he was just playing a dps and if for some reason crybabies don't like seeing assassins on top of parse then nerf their aoe damage all they want but don't nerf single target abilities that have been part of the assassin class for this long AND were not in any way broken.

EVERY dps class can kill fast if all their temps are up and rangers can do it from the 25+ meters away. i can't count the times i have been lurking for a good kill target and before i know some ranger has my hp on the red AND he didn't even have to waltz over to me or port or do anything other than point and shoot and bye bye..

so please..

stop this moronic assault on a balanced class. you and xoeo and the other rangers are frankly pitiful the way you cry and whine about mediocre class abilities and damage. EVERY DPS CLASS CAN DO WAHT YOU CRY ABOUT ASSASSIN DOING..
  5. Pippin Active Member

I also play 5 other classes and my feedback has been based on my experience with all those classes. ive also been critical of other classes and supportive of beefing up Guards and Dirges.

So please...

Stop this moronic defensive of an overpowered dynamic. You and er.. you are frankly pitiful about the way you cry and whine about clearly overpowered class abilities and damage. EVERY ... BLAH BLAH BLAH..

See what I did ? ;) Silly isnt it when people spit their dummy out ?
  6. Davngr Well-Known Member

well you're here wah wah wah'ing about a class that's not broken.
    only broken class was beastlord not even overpowerd.. they will be overpowerd after this changes but at least not broken like now. zerks are overpowerd as well right now.

rouges and predators are topping parses because they are dps classes and so are warlocks and wizards and summoners. your argument is dumb and xoex .. wow.. just wow at the megalomaniacal post after post proclaiming to be the the most powerful class/player in game lol and of course his rangers buddies who are mad they can't auto attack everyone dead in one round jumped on the nerf assassin train
  7. Pippin Active Member

Somewhere you seemed to think we are asking for Sins not to be strong DPS.

Not the case - we just asking Sins and BL to be aligned to other DPS classes and hopefully this irons out some balance issues.
  8. Exur Well-Known Member

I'm certainly not going to go back and read thru all these posts, but has any other assassin (creditable ones) actually came here and posted they agree with you Davngr?

I'm sure it's been said... but you cannot use BG parses to validate your class. That's all splash/group setup numbers and really says nothing. The high parsing people in BG are typically in a mass zerg killing force with a tank/healer in front of them. Or they are killing DPS classes that are being healed and have no tank. All they are doing is pressing aoe and big hitting CAs/Spells while auto following/targeting.

All Tier 1 DPS classes can kill targets fast, but they have to use tactics and their DPS can be countered/defended. Except for Assassins. Their burst DPS is unmatched and you can't counter/defend their attack.

move on
    Liothen and Pippin like this.
  9. Davngr Well-Known Member

assassin are alinged and that's the whole point.

my assassin gets outparsed from time to time by all the different dps classes and gets killed by all the different dps classes and even by a healer or a tank at times.

i play a beastlord and they ARE broken and needed to be fixed and frankly.. i don't see my beastlord having any issues even after this change if anything i won't have to worry about keeping my sav up like i do now. everything they lost was made up in another area.

assassin on the other hand took heavy loses and got NOTHING in return.. the shadow step nerf didn't come with a boost to quick strike? the assassinate reduction didn't come with a boost to lung puncture, thre was NOTHING to balance the damage lost.

why are you here arguing about this if you're really after balance then why not listen to the majority? because it's JUST xeow the ex-ranger with a bone to pick and you the other ranger and some other ranger who don't seem to understand what balance is how this was NOT necessary.

why did i make this thread?

because some megalomaniac decided to make a nerf assassin thread if he had just kept his delusional grandeur to himself this thread would not exist and assassin would not have been unjustifiably nerfed.
  10. Davngr Well-Known Member

funny.. because those same parses you discard as non-sense are the very same parses that numbnuts used to warrant nerfing the class.

you play a chanter?
    yes you die fast and frankly.. you should get some help on staying alive but to make you not die as fast means that the class will lose effectiveness against classes that don't die fast and in group play such as bg's.

THAT is what is important NOT open world PVP because i don't open world PVP and could care less about someone being able to gank me or not.

the FUN is bg's for me and if they devs want to separate the two pvp the ok.. go ahead and nerf assassin all you want on naggy, you won't hear a peep out of me.
  11. Exur Well-Known Member

I never said "I" had issues with assassins. I didn't call for their "adjustment" and only watch out for 1 or 2 that play this game. Otherwise, "I" don't have issues with them... but I agree with their adjustment.

@everyone... please stop using BG parses. They mean nothing.... seriously, they tell no story.
  12. Xeos Well-Known Member

I never once said I was the best, did I? Heck, I never even said I was good... However, the devs have clearly sided with me on this one. I wonder why?
  13. Davngr Well-Known Member

because the devs in this game don't play the game?
  14. Xeos Well-Known Member

So you honestly think they would change these things solely due to what I have to say? No, chances are many others complained I just happened to make a thread that got a lot of attention. Perhaps with this thread you may get your wish, who knows.
  15. Mimixx(2) Member

Lol they do..

Beside assasin is not the only one getting nerfed.. And as for me assasins are way to good even without assasinate and low lvl players at bg can kill me easy on my healer when my temps are on.. I have reaserched with ranger and can see that they also can do the same dps far away..

In most cases they will kill you before you can even each them... I agree with you that not a lot of the spells shouldnt have been nerfed but assasins are OP in many ways.
  16. Davngr Well-Known Member

it was all the dumb parses you posted and the fact you wrongfully attached your "huge" numbers and killl count to those two abilities when in fact the numbers are do to aoe procs and crap and the kill count is do to again.. aoe verdict.

beastlords were getting nerfed.. all the new broken prestige procs were getting nerfed and here comes along some nub with his megalomaniacal issues.. what do you think bob.. should we nerf these two abilities? well that one time that i was in test with my chanter an assassin did kill me fast.. what the heck throw it bill.. ok
  17. Davngr Well-Known Member

lol..

there's an assassin that agrees with you xeow oh wait... he plays a ranger too.

how odd right?

Benedict Arnold x2 son..

you left the rangers and we assassins don't want you either tbh
  18. Xeos Well-Known Member

19. Davngr Well-Known Member

i still don't understand why they just moved damage around on a beastlord but flat out nerfed assassin.. like assassin was doing anything remotely close to what a bl could do.
  20. Mimixx(2) Member

You do have some problems if I may add..

Reaserching a ranger doesnt mean that I have it as my main and i got it to lvl 30 before I got tired over it and rolled a monk..
    An inq is my main and assasins are closer to OP thsn zerkers
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.