assassin recived a TON of PvP damage nerfs, why?

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Davngr, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Delethen Active Member

Not sure I could kill anyone in 3 seconds let alone 1 second :(
    Mimixx(2) likes this.
  2. Nediam Member

And here is the issue, why shouldn't an assassin parse at or above those classes,so what if it is an "AOE situation". The concept of an assassin is that it delivers high dps to one target, that damage should be equivalent to what an AOE class is delivering to multiple targets. It is not like this is a raid setup with AOE fights and solo mob boss fights.

These changes make assassins to weak against tanks and good healers. Assassinate has a absurd recast timer already, shadow step is the main closing attack, which is kind of important because assassins have to be in melee distance.

Hell we should nerf all the mage classes cause they can stand outside melee range and do their damage, and that is just not fair to us melee classes!!!

The devs took some poorly thought out suggestions and implemented them, I am glad the devs are listening but crap some of these changes are to drastic, I guess careful for what you wish for you just might get it.
  3. Nediam Member

I don't think I have ever willy nilly approached someone and killed them in 1 second.
  4. Mimixx(2) Member

I know.. We brigs are not like Assasins..
  5. Davngr Well-Known Member

when you're all temped out and chopping people down they die fast.. i know for a fact that you have killed me as fast as i have killed you.
  6. Davngr Well-Known Member

so why didn't you ask for our aoe damage to be nerfed?

also why didn't you just adapt to your own class instead of switching to this one to ruin it?

mediocre player with god complex.. must be nice to be you bro
  7. Davngr Well-Known Member

this is what i've been trying to tell the god assassin xoeo but he just can't get it thru his thick cranium.
  8. Cynicisim Active Member

The first time I saw you in a BG, you killed the wiz next to me and my SK in about 2 sec. I did not even have time to hit a CA. But as I was oblivious to my surroundings I deserved it...
  9. Pippin Active Member

Del you regularly kill all my toons except SK and inq in 3 seconds :p

And to doom and gloom Davngr.... It will make Sins "weaker than now" against tanks and healers. Not weak. the weak DPS class against those are rangers.
  10. Delethen Active Member

lol no, I can't remember for sure the name of your beastlord, and no idea who your other chars are but I definitely don't kill Pippin in less than 6.

Anyway, back on topic I would really like to know just how much of Xeos BG parses was killing blow.
  11. Xeos Well-Known Member

Here are two comparisons of kill count to killing blow proccing. (2nd screen with low kill counts disregard, that was supposed to stay in my main album)

--> CLICK HERE FOR PHOTOS <--
  12. Nediam Member

To weak in my opinion, same as the nerfs to rogues. I can't speak to open world PVP but to many BGs now are won solely by which team has more and better healers, and tanks that taunt. Lower the DPS of Assassins, and Rogues (including interrupts) you are going to end up with 1 dimensional BGs, based solely on healer count.
  13. Nediam Member

Why did you betray away from Ranger?
  14. Xeos Well-Known Member

Better utility for PVP, frontload, getaway, ss port, far more burst damage.

And a note though, after doing a lot more testing. I think Assassinate should not be nerfed. It really doesn't hit that hard especially for such a long recast. I still stand by SS, Carnage, Caustic Weaponry and a slight reduction in our heal though.
  15. Nediam Member

It is the burst damage which makes an assassin an assassin, and assassinate got nerfed :oops:

Glad you see agree on Assassinate, Fine with Carnage, Caustic Weaponry, Shadow Step and Assassinate are such class defining abilities that just boggles my mind to nerf them. With regards to healing, it is not enough to keep you up against a so/so player let alone a good one, and we are already to reliant on healers in BGs.
  16. Xeos Well-Known Member

No shadowstep is over the top, it has a 30s recast and can be refreshed. Half damage will make it more in line with its recast.
  17. Davngr Well-Known Member

and here is the problem.

your ranger buddy is trying to break assassin in the name of ranger instead of arguing for ranger boost. frankly i don't see them needing a boost since i just got my butt handed to me by a few rangers the other day but whatever.. THAT i can understand..

this dude demanding a class get nerfed simply because he thinks he's too good at pvp is simply ridiculous.
  18. Nediam Member

As compared to what other T1 DPS class spell? It is one thing to say that x spell needs to be nerfed but it only makes sense when it is OP compared to what other similar class have. For instance Zerkers are OP in BGs... I haven't seen anyone disagree with that. The reason is they taunt 2x better than any other tank, they parse like just below T1 DPS, and they heal better than any other class than healers.

Assassins have great DPS like they are suppose to, but so do mages, and rogues. You don't see Assassins sitting alone on top all the time, good assassins can hit the top, but so can good warlocks... should we nerf them too?

Your original thread lacks context, and as no one else was clamoring that I can see for these nerfs one has to wonder what that context was. And yes glad to have the Devs listening but the changes to rogues and assassin could be very unbalancing and are they willing to roll them back if they are? Nothing was that out of whack right now, and the nerfs to the dps are they equal to the nerfs to the healers and tanks?
  19. Xeos Well-Known Member

No shadowstep is over the top, it has a 30s recast and can be refreshed. Half damage will make it more in line with its recast.
    Shadowstep has been out of whack for a long time. You are honestly telling me an ability that not only hots like a truck but tut teleports you to your victim on a 30s timer is not broken??? As far as zerkers etc if you want them nerfed then make a thread or any class for that matter that seems out of balance.
  20. Nediam Member

As compared to what? Everything is over powered or under powered when looked at in isolation hence the example of the zerker which you missed. It wasn't to whine to much about zerkers but to show that you can make the case of something being OP by comparison.

And btw Shadow Step is not a 30 second recast for most assassins.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.