assassin recived a TON of PvP damage nerfs, why?

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Davngr, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xeos Well-Known Member

I have no sense of grandeur. You have stated i suck. I haven't said anyone else does. You have repeatedly said my parses were mediocre... maybe they were i have never seen these other players you speak of. All i know is when i consistently top the parse in aoe fights as a single target class something is wrong.

You are the one clinging to your overpowered abilities. I am not sure why if you are so amazing. And i really want to set some bgs up with you to see such an amazing player in action. We are doing it, you keep bragging about your parses which dwarf mine i want to see it.
  2. Luanne Active Member

Xeos, go with the flow. If you suck, and you still top the parse and get a million killing blows, then assassins OBVIOUSLY need adjustment :>
  3. Xeos Well-Known Member

Hmm yeah true.
  4. Davngr Well-Known Member

i never said anything about you sucking.

WHAT I DID SAY is that the damage parses you're posting are AVERAGE damage parses for a DPS class ANY dps class NOT JUST YOU.

YOU are not the center of the pvp universe.. k?
  5. Davngr Well-Known Member

his damage is average and if you REALLY don't know that then i guess i can understand why you're here riding nuts..
    and the killing blows is an AA.
  6. Davngr Well-Known Member

well wiz aren't going to get more damage anytime soon so i'll gladly take moving in combat and add it to my skill set.
  7. Xeos Well-Known Member

I will get rid of that AA and test it out. Also, yes most of those parses are not fantastic, I just linked all of the ones I took. I would love to see your parses that crush these and tell me what you are doing though (honestly) I wouldn't mind learning more. I have only been playing this guy for like 2 months.
  8. Davngr Well-Known Member

you're still not getting it bro.

this isn't about me outparsing your or being a better player than you or what assassin is or isn't it's that other dps classes are parsing as much as you if not more thus why the class did not warrant a nerf, capish?
  9. Xeos Well-Known Member

You are not quite getting it either... this class is a single target DPS class. They should not parse that high in BGs in an AOE situation. The only classes that are parsing more...

Warlocks
    Wizards
    Swashies
    Rangers
    Some Beastlords

All capable of doing a lot of AE damage. The Assassin has 2 decent BLUEs plus 1 terrible BLUE from AA. Even with my 75-100% PVP AE autoattack it would not account for all the extra damage I put out. Why you ask? Because I don't really stand in the middle of people. I pick specific targets to burn down and then finish off the remaining enemies. I have also went in there respecced out of AE autoattack and my damage dropped by maybe a few hundred thousand.
  10. Pippin Active Member

Dav - he posts mediocre total dmg parses with high kills. That means his burst is very very very strong and thats whats being addressed - the ability for sins to just willy nilly approach someone and slap them dead in 1 second as and when they please with any toon they wish.

If his total parse would have been 10 million and he killed no one then thats also an issue... ie decent sustained but not exactly assassin material ;)
  11. Davngr Well-Known Member

yet you get shadow step and assassinate nerfed?

[IMG]
  12. Davngr Well-Known Member

every dps class is able to 1 second kill with all their temps up and that high kill shot is an AA along with the fact that assassins are a DPS class that is suppose to kill people.
  13. Xeos Well-Known Member

Yes because Shadowstep accounts for either 2-3 highest parsing ability. And for a 30s recast ability hits for 17-25k... Assassinate is hitting for around 10-12k TWICE. Meaning you hit a target with Shadowstep and that, it is around 40k damage in less than a second... BROKEN.
  14. Xeos Well-Known Member

How about this Davngr, before you start complaining endlessly about PVP damage reductions just wait until you see the effects on the live server?

I do not understand how or why you are clinging to these abilities so badly. I a mediocre Assassin is the only one that desires my own class to be balanced? You are an amazing player and make my parses look miniscule. You are parsing what 8-10+ million in BGs with around 40-50 kill shots every match?
  15. Davngr Well-Known Member

still has nothing to do with the aoe damage you're crying about.

also why don't you post several logs that show how much these ca's ACTUALLY hit for vs. well geard and poorly geard players and THEN you still have to take into account debuffs and temps.

so yea.. not broken at all.. just a megalomaniac out to nerf a class he has played for two months.
  16. Davngr Well-Known Member

nothing will ever help someone who does not understand game mechanics and how the class works.

all you accomplished by nerfing SS and assassinate is diminish a balanced class ability to carry out it's function.
  17. Xeos Well-Known Member

Harsh words my friend, but megalomaniac would only be accurate if I was touting about my stature above anyone else. You have repeatedly stated that you are clearly better than me and ever other Assassin I have ever seen... what is that saying "pot calling the ke..." .

However, since I am capable of actually putting forth parses and screenshots of my damage unlike some other people here... I will dig through them later on. Oh I will do you one better, I will also post 1v1 parses so you cannot use the debuff complaint.

What rebuttles will you have then? I am sure more excuses will pour from your mouth, like a garden hose with a tear.
  18. Davngr Well-Known Member

i never said I, MYSELF could do this or that..

THAT is how thick people rationalize balance. i look at all the dps classes and derive my conclusion from their parses as well as my own.

you just want to nerf the class because you top parses? really? this class should be balanced around you?

further more the fact that your parses are just average makes it all the more senseless..
  19. Nediam Member

If only it had a 5 minute timer, the nerfs to assassins don't make any sense. Why shouldn't a high DPS class do high dps?
  20. Xeos Well-Known Member

So topping the parse with average parses as a single target oriented class in an AOE situation, over some good DPSers, that are mostly AOE classes... Gotcha.

You still have not presented a strong case as why not to get nerfed other than the fact that you will not like it. Fight all you like, the Assassin should now be balanced with the coming changes, you can either adapt or switch classes in BGs. It is your choice.

If the developers didn't feel these abilities were out of whack they would have never taken my advice, I will just leave this thread on that note,

Have fun, see you on the battlefield... HOPEFULLY!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.