assassin recived a TON of PvP damage nerfs, why?

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Davngr, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Davngr Well-Known Member

that art is lame.. i rather push the boundaries and i all ready know that you and your ranger crew are going to report the snot out of every post i make/made will ever make on this topic. it does not worry me in the slightest
  2. Davngr Well-Known Member

news flash.. most of the pvp action goes on IN BG'S.

they want to split the rule sets then i'm all good with that.
  3. Xeos Well-Known Member

Nope I am not going to report you. Feel free to say whatever you want, it won't bother me. As far as my "ranger friends", I am not friends with them. I have played in BGs or in open world PVP but that is the extent of it.

But seriously we should arrange to queue up together in BGs sometime, it would be fun.
  4. Davngr Well-Known Member

yea well.. you got like 3 or 4 rangers on your jock all over these forums because you're gutting out assassin damage. you can't possibly compare what assassins need to do for damage and ranger. rangers biggest issue is not getting picked off. if they have a good tank and semi competent healer they can just stand there and rip the group apart. my assassin is constantly taunt locked to some pally/zerk/guard and getting shredded by aoe damage.
    i'm sure we ended up in the same bg's before but tbh i was not aware of you. the only things i take notice off is broken crap.. like a lvl 92 assassin with crap gear hitting harder than me or a bl that one shots me 5 times in a row or speed hack/death/heal hacks that ruin game play. i'm not out to win every match and sometimes i lose miserably and don't mind that so fair play is a concern for me but what is happening now is bordering on witch hunt by yourself and the ranger/scrub crew.
  5. Xeos Well-Known Member

Not a witch hunt in the least, just necessary changes to balance this class. Sometimes after I kill an opponent I sit there and scratch my head as to why it was so easy and why I did so much damage.
  6. Davngr Well-Known Member

it's because you're a dps class.
    you want to experience TRUE broken abilities? go play a beastlord. i don't even play mine because it's dumb.

i offer you the same advice as i did the other poster:

instead of wasting dev time and breaking a balanced class why don't you go play a dirge? that will challenge your ability to kill fast.

edit.

question tho..

when you whre a ranger and your auto attack was killing people in "one round" if that.. why didn't you post to have ranger nerfed like you are now for assassin?

just curious.. because at least ss and assassinate have reuse times.. auto attack is up all the time.
  7. Xeos Well-Known Member

I edited this post that you quoted, read it again.

Also, I have played low DPS classes for the majority of my EQ2 PVPing career. I enjoy the class, but they are just overpowered. And with these upcoming changes I believe it will alleviate a lot of the problems. Heck it could be a bit over the top, and I promise if it is I will go on a crusade to get them buffed up to be acceptable.

And no, I am not betraying to Ranger. The Assassin will still have a huge advantage in dropping people reliably.
  8. Davngr Well-Known Member

9. Exur Well-Known Member

This is all silly talk... no class, not even T1 DPS should kill people in 1 second cause they got lucky crit, full temped or something. I want to see an assassin wipe people out with good positioning, evades, stifles, stealths, stuns and dps. They are only killing people with broken dps atm. Fully temped or not.. it's not PvP combat that anyone should desire in a MMO.

Beastlords are getting dps adjusted too.. cause they are considered broken. You should desire fun, active and intense PvP combat that takes skill to be good. This isn't a first person shooter.
  10. Xeos Well-Known Member

If you look at the old forums I had posted requesting to reduce autoattack damage.

Look at the playtime on this character, he has 32 days played. A lot of the time just left afk if I had to leave somewhere in a rush. I was not a Ranger when their autoattack was insane. At max I was hitting someone 2 times for 3k damage and procs, but that was on clothies. Right now I quadruple attack on clothies for around 1.5k per hit and hit with all my procs.
  11. Davngr Well-Known Member

sorry but i have seen wizard close to one shot people too.
    IF they are debuffed or in poor gear.

both are dps classes and both should do more damage.
  12. Exur Well-Known Member

are you suggested I think wizards are fine atm? lol

bad geared players should die quick... we're not talking about assassins only 2 shotting scrubs.

Also.. there are many things you can do to a wizard to interrupt/prevent their big spells from wiping you out. Can't do that with an assassin.
  13. Xeos Well-Known Member

What??? lol
  14. Davngr Well-Known Member

srsly.. you're trying to balance a class in solo combat vs. a non-healer who probably had bad gear. now compare that to a tank class that avoids those or a healer that can heal their entire hp bar 10x over and you see that this nerf was unwarranted.

tbh they should separate bg and open world mechanics.
  15. Exur Well-Known Member

Assassins are a solo class.. They suck in groups and being balanced accordingly.
  16. Davngr Well-Known Member

stifle works and you can parry/block/riposte/doge.

i play a wizard as well and the only thing i would ask is for being able to cast while running. it's just dumb that casters need to stand there while everyone runs around.

in fact THIS would have been an easy fix to moderate melee damage WITH OUT nerf to melee dps.
  17. Davngr Well-Known Member

so you admit they suck in groups but still feel they should be nerfed solo?

does not compute
  18. Xeos Well-Known Member

What? I kill healers with ease, pretty much any healer you put in front of me they will die and I will be standing with full or nearly full HP. I can kill every tank, well okay good brawlers and crusaders can kill me.

You are really reaching Davngr. You assume that everyone sucks except you, that is one fatal flaw. You have to remember I play on a PVP server where 1v1s are all around me, especially since I was exiled since expac launch and got tons of PVP.Though I am in faction now... by accident (noob accident lol).

Btw you do realize I have nearly all PVP gear right, well except for PVE pieces with tons of reuse on it. And I have fought plenty of people clad in PVP gear. You keep talking about gear, I hope you have PVP gear in your bags, because your profile says otherwise
  19. Davngr Well-Known Member

sorry.. but it's not me that is saying everyone sucks, that's you bud.

and again.. you're speaking about open world pvp but MOST ALL pvp happens in BG's so your fix might balance solo play slightly but hurt a balanced class in bg's.

lol at your sense of self grandeur because you kill players AS A DPS CLASS..

i want to have all the dps classes come here and post the non-sense you do so you can maybe understand how utterly ignorant your post read.
  20. Exur Well-Known Member

freedom of mind pots work too.. I only dodge as a mage with the right food/drink... but anyway.

Standing still and casting is by definition what makes mages tougher to play and why your wizard is allowed big nukes. Cast times, standing still and wearing cloth... vs an assassin warping to a target in chain and just mashing buttons while running. See the difference there.

Look for me in BGs next time... I want to see how you play.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.