assassin recived a TON of PvP damage nerfs, why?

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Davngr, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xeos Well-Known Member

I have posted BG screens. I just haven't really been home at all for 2 weeks. You will get them this sunday
  2. Nediam Member

1st. I am not Davngr, as such please don't lump replies together. It is rude.

2nd. 100% reuse is a different topic, but on this point you yourself are at 72% and I am at 37% the difference being you are wearing mage gear in some slots. I think most would agree that the correct way to deal with reuse times is to reference base recast, the fact that you use absolute min recast even after having it pointed out several times it is wrong and unrealistic goes more to proving your agenda than your point.
  3. Nediam Member

I apologize I assumed you knew how ACT worked. I was mistaken. Let me inform how encounters work in ACT. An encounter in ACT is best understood in terms of a group or raid zone. So that one encounter is equal to one mob. If I were to hit only once for 100K and the rest of group took 10seconds to kill the mob, I would have encounter dps of 10K. Thus encounter dps does not deal with how hard a combat are or spell hits for but instead is a picture ability to produce damage over time.

When you merge multiple encounters such as for a zone or a BG you get the damage of each individual divided by the amount of time the person running the parser was engaged in combat more or less. For instance if johnny was in group for the first 2 mobs but not the last 5 mobs in a zone, his edps would be the amount of damage johnny did while in group divided by the total time to kill all 7 mobs. Or for BGs it would be the damage done while in range of the person running the parser over the total time of the BG...

I really hope you see why your post is shockingly ignorant.
  4. Xeos Well-Known Member

I know very well how act works, so instead of posting pases showing similar damage numbers lets also evaluate the parsing potential of said abilities?

You cannot just say oh x is fine because it hits as hard as y... but yet x is parsing 10 times the amount. Post data that actually helps your argument.
  5. Nediam Member

You should go ahead and acknowledge you were wrong about the encounter dps, or actually you kind of did, so good enough. So I will throw you a bone, what you are really saying is you can't look just at damage but most also include base recast, also should probably include how many targets it can hit. A valid point. Though you are clouding the issue with a demand for a parse. A parse I can't generate because I don't have a similarly geared other 1 DPS. Since you say understand parses you will know why that is the case, right?

You are also glossing over the issue that as an assassin that no one really fears or hunts I am not the target of big hitting spells, so most of the damage I see incoming is from AOE type spells and the occasional single targets, but of course you don't want to consider such things as it calls into question even more the case for the nerf.

Looking at your list of toons, you can should be able to generate the parses to prove your point pretty simply, and thinking it through a bit more I can generate one as well on my SK. Run 3-5 matches each on your zerker, sk, and inq. Post the screen shot from the bg to show context and also post merged incoming damage parses for each sorted by average or median (i prefer median for a variety of reasons). If assassins are overpowered as you say what we should see is SS alone on top by a margin in incoming damage, or even near the top but above all other spells that are single target with equal or similar cool down. If SS is not overpowered what we should see is that it is grouped by median hit with similar spells/CAs for other T1 DPS. Since you are a student of the game, I assume you agree with the base methodology and concept behind it? I will do my SK later tonight. If you are on and in BGs I will look for you and say hi.
  6. Delethen Active Member

Except there is no real control group for the opposite team who are inflicting damage on you / taking it from you. So really every BG parse should be taken with a mountain of salt.
  7. Nediam Member

Hopefully what happens is you have enough merged parses from BG to create a large enough of data set to get a representative sample. I do think though that incoming damage is a better data set than outgoing as it is from all players in a game versus just one. *shrug* I am running the tank now so will post and we can see.
  8. Xeos Well-Known Member

You cannot base damage being outlandish by using tanks with DR. On my zerk i can cap at 70% that would be a horrible idea. SK can prevent 30% of incoming damage. Also, median hits are only valid if you remove variables that drag down the average like hitting a zerk with 70% dr or having hits stoneskinned.
  9. Nediam Member

Which is why you do based on incoming to control for damage reduction, or are you saying that melee dps is so much diminished against a tank that it is invalid? Cause if you are then ... ummmm ... why would their even be thoughts let alone killer nerfs to assassins and rogues?

Also so far you have based your entire position on bg parse screens (a completely bogus approach, for obvious reasons) and have provided no other data points, and in fact have provided no other means of generating data points. So one little favor what proof do you have that SS and Assassinate were OP other than your opinion? What method do you want to use to show that they are or are not. Give me something to work with here rather than some random opinion not worth a pinch of salt.
  10. Davngr Well-Known Member

xeows does not understand the class or the game and that's why he makes dumb threads to get his classes nerfed so people assume(wrongly) that he's some great player when in fact he's just another run of the mill assassin nothing amazing or better than any other dps class out there.

your 1v1 nagafen stupidity will NEVER be balanced because the 24 classes are IMPOSSIBLE to balance BOTH in group and solo dynamics. only the truly dense don't realize that, you're with out a doubt number one on that parse, grats.

all this nerf will do is make tanks/good healers invincible, even more than now. now that's balance huh xeows?

to recap:

xeows uses two broken abilities to pad this parse and then argues that assassins balanced abilities need nerfing too BEFORE even letting the broken abilities be fixed.

THIS IS FEEDBACK PVP DEVELOPER.

postpone the adjustments to shadow step, assassinate and DOM until AFTER the prestige are fixed.
  11. Cynergy Active Member

You guys are Debating with Xeos, as if your under the assumption that these Changes are result of his thread, and not Data collected by those employed at Sony Online Entertainment They could be related, however Id like to believe that Changes are not made solely based on threads alone. Threads just bring attention to the issues at hand, and I am sure changes are made upon data collected by SOE
  12. Davngr Well-Known Member

what data?

if it was done by data then beastlords would have been nerfed ages ago.
    zerks would have never received so much damage.
    the prestige would have never made it to live pvp.
    and so on and so forth.

also if it was done by data this non-sense would have never happened because SS, assassinate and DOM are perfectly balanced in group play and among other dps classes.

cutting my assassins main damage ability by 50% so it hits for about as much as a round of auto attack is ridiculous.
  13. Broan Active Member

You keep saying xeos is bad and sub par then why are you crying over this adjustment? He is fine w/ it and frankly the only people defending the assassin class are, clearly, 2 assassins that need to class to be OP
  14. Nediam Member

Data to show the class was OP, or is this just another opinion based on whimsy?
  15. Nediam Member

I would like to believe you are correct. And to be honest the only reason I care to argue is because the rational for Xeos and others is so very weak, it seems to be driven by a desire to nerf a class and then random changes on why based on having one after another after another reason deemed wrong. As someone says "they lack logic".
  16. Nediam Member

Actually have a bigger problem, ran 30 BGs on the SK (which was kind of fun, except the part where you killed me, and killed me again) ... I got hit by 1 assassin once!!
  17. Broan Active Member

The assassin class has ability to heal very well do **** ton o single target burst dips and can take a hit, how is that not OP? Played an assassin for last 3 expacs
  18. Nediam Member

Rangers can do one of the highest sustained dps, spread it out over an entire area, can do the dps out of taunt and melee range, can take a hit how is that not OP?

Swashy can lock you down, do high aoe dps, can build up to huge dps and can take a hit how is that not OP?

I don't believe either of those two are actually but defining the class with superlatives does not constitute OP, sorry.
  19. Xeos Well-Known Member

Enjoy this merged parse of the latest 4 logs from BGs: When I say latest logs I mean I merged 4 different logs together.

[IMG]

Hmm top 3 in DPS even when I have 100% AE autoattack. Yeah median damage is fine alright... now compare the median damage of SS with Assassinate oh and the top end hit. Interesting find huh?

Anyone that wants I can send the saved act file.

Also, to the people that keep saying stuff about Assassinate I withdrew my comment on it.
  20. Davngr Well-Known Member

the only bad players here are the scrubs crying for a balanced class to get nerfed. there is NOTHING broken about assassin even the top assassins get steamed rolled.

why are you even posting?

are you here posting to show support for your girlfriend xeows? or are you ever going to post anything relative?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.