Assassin Adornment Help

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Occam, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Occam Well-Known Member

I just took advantage of the bonus exp to level up my assassin. However, now that he's 100 I'm finding that adorning him is not a straightforward proposition. My main has been an inq since the day EQ2 went live, so I'm extremely familiar with the adorning needs of a healer. I also play my necro a lot, and adorning a dps caster is fairly basic.

I've been trying to research how best to adorn my sin, and it's proving to be fairly twisty. Some scouts rely more heavily on CAs for dps, while others have weak CAs, but need more WDB for their auto-attack damage.

Bottom line, after reading post after post, I'm no more clear on which direction to go than I was when I started! o_O

I'd love any advice on how to adorn my gear from the experienced sin's around here. Actually, any non-adornment related advice is also welcome, but I'm mostly interested in a clear picture of which adornments I should get.

My EQ2U profile is here:
    http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/2602759369932

And thanks in advance! :)
  2. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Generally your CAs are majority of your dps on assassin. Stack ability mod high to deal with lots of potency.

Adorn wise;
    Purples - Winds/Truespirits/Magnitude/Bolstered attributes and then either screams of battle (if you don't get dirge buffs) or onslaught/Relentless conviction.
    Whites - CB on weapons. Weapon skills on gloves/feet/chest/neck. Resists on rings/ears/wrists. Agil on head/shoulders. Dps on waist. Charms - depending on your gear for other stats, reuse if low (saves reforging into it), or agil/cast speed. Legs/forearm/cloak I tend to go cast speed, but if you are going over 100, consider agil.

That's a very rough guide, it won't be perfect but if all you plan to do is solo/heroic it should be suffice
  3. Occam Well-Known Member

Thanks Errrorr, it does help! I'm sure I'll tweak it over time, but this is a great overview. :)