Asking the EQ2 Experts for advice.

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Eyin, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Melt Actually plays the game

Reforge into it, takes about 10k ABmod for 100%, if you can spare it.
    Earar likes this.
  2. Earar Well-Known Member

anyway u need 100% strikethrough and 100% hate mode as tank ... if I understand correctly

so I guess ... u have to spare it .. till u get better gear, right ?
  3. Melt Actually plays the game

I mean, you get 100k from a few adorns, so you should be able to spare it.
  4. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

There are also strikethrough on green adorns and even purples if u need it, but yeah ull mainly reforge into it. Should have plenty of excessive reuse/casting speed to reforge from and even autoattack stats wich are less and less important now.
  5. Tooloose Active Member

I've got a raid tank bruiser among a Guardian and zerk I used to play during AoM and ToT, the general consensus on stats was having 100% crit, reuse speed, recovery speed, multi attack, casting speed, critical chance, strikethrough, hate mod, and AE auto attack. Everything else went into pushing ability mod, crit bonus and potency as far as they could go.

If I remember right, potency only effects abilities, and unless theres an auto attack build someone here might know of that outdamages your parse for someone who relies off of their abilities... Then potency seems to be where it's at, and with the stats I mentioned being at 100 percent, you'll be able to fire off almost as fast as you can click.

Also, there exists an item called Draconic Effigy. Its a level 95 fabled charm with a clicky effect that increases your threat by 160 percent of all damage done AND it increases your threat priority by 1 position each time a spell or combat art you use lands.

I'm not sure what the stats are like for Max level fabled tank charms and if they have any effects like that, but in the event that nothing does and you're having a tough time holding the agro for any reason...

Well, for 18 seconds once every 2 minutes, as long as you're able to swing and have good hate mod... The only people who will be able to steal agro from you must desperately want it.

I keep it ready to activate whenever I see my dps throwing up their macros that let me know they're popping off the cork for big damage.

At the time though, my build was good enough where I never had to use it. Unless of course I was drunk and tanking while in whatever the fighter stance is called that makes you create less threat and take more damage.

Hope I was able to help.

Also, take the time to search through slot specific items and add certain things to your item hunting list from the item bestiary on eq2u.

Setting goals like this even for one or two items might give you better insight on what it means to perform the functions you seek to do on whatever class
  6. Tooloose Active Member

Already found the level 100 equivalent of Draconic Effigy.

https://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/3304009946

Definitely a must have pocket tank item in case what you've got just can't cut it on a boss fight.

Drops off of The Embodiment of Gore in the Sanguine Ossuary dungeon.