Ascent of the Awakened

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Celestia, Jun 24, 2022.

1. Celestia Well-Known Member

Doing my Channeler Epic.

Need the Deathtoll access item, so I have to do this zone as a subquest (ugh) to get the item. My problem?

I get to the 3rd floor. There's an ice dragon I have to kill named Ireth the Cold, and he drops an item I need for the rest of the zone. He's on a perch, overlooking the floor. So I would have to drag him down to me.

I mentored down to 75, took all my gear off, even my bow. I used Wrath on him, because I know that doesn't do as much damage as other abilities.

He. Still. Died.

I don't want to use a root, because then he would just be stuck there. But I don't know how to pull him without insta-killing him.

And I would just reset in a couple hours and try AGAIN, but it has a 3 day access lock on it.

Should i just mentor to like 45 or something? Help please.

I used the gnomish stilt boots to try and get to him. Doesn't work.
  2. Twyla Well-Known Member

Have you tried sicking your construct on him? That usually works for me. I stand where I want to fight, send my construct on the attack, and the mob runs to me.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. Benj Well-Known Member

Does the item you need drop in a chest? You could try /summon to get the chest down off the perch.
    Twyla and Breanna like this.
  4. Celestia Well-Known Member

My construct just killed him, tried that last time.

And unfortunately, no, it's a body drop.
  5. Celestia Well-Known Member

Is there anyone here on Majdul that's a tank, and would be willing to taunt him for me? It will be a couple days, but that's an idea...

Edit: I would pay you....:D
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Einhander65 New Member

try using something stupid like a tinkered snot thrower or one of those..do no damage but agro it.
    or if you use ya root on him and wait for it to expire wont he then come down?
  7. vlada Active Member

root him.he will come down after it wears off. also, mentor to 85
    Twyla likes this.
  8. Celestia Well-Known Member

Oh, I didn’t know that there was something like that in the game, Will try that. Also, I’m not sure my root will do because some times it kills things really low level, but I will try thanks
    Twyla likes this.
  9. vlada Active Member

Twyla and tasnee like this.
  10. Celestia Well-Known Member

11. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Use the Creature Catalogue ability against him if you can. It agros enemies without doing any damage.
    Twyla and tasnee like this.
  12. Celestia Well-Known Member

So, just for future info for peeps who want to pull: the cold guy I was able to pull with my root. He wasn't killed. I tried the snot thing, but it didn't work, too far away.

The flame guy is even farther away, so get a low low level bow and tin arrows, mentor, and pull him that way. Even my root was out of range for him.
    Twyla likes this.