Ascent of the Awakened - Audience with the Guardian can't progress?

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Genram, Jun 6, 2021.

1. Genram New Member

Ok maybe I am doing something wrong (would not be the first time), but I am trying to do the "Audience with the Guardian" Quest (level 65) in the Barren Sky dungeon "Ascent of the Awakened" and after 2 attempts with the same thing happening I feel I should just ask.

I have been following the Wiki https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Audience_with_the_Guardian

I am Mentored to 70 btw (everything is orange to me)
    Step 1 I killed Trash to get an "Ornate Slashed Eye"
    Step 2 I take the Eye over to the "Effigy of the Slashing Talon" and Right click to use the Ornate Slashed Eye on it in order to spawn it to fight as per the wiki

However The chat just says "The ornate eye slides into the statue" and then "Alas, Effigy of the Slashing Talon has died form pain and suffering" (even tho i stood back turned off spikes damage and had no pets on it, it just died on its own)

I also could not find any combat log text involving the Effigy, and he Fails to drop a chest in this case as well.
    Without the chest I can not obtain the Symbol of the Slashing Talon I need for the quest. (Reminder I am mentored down to 70 so nothing is Grey)

So ... What am I doing wrong? help me be less derpy :D THanks!