Ascension xp bugged after hitting level 10

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Jangle, Feb 14, 2017.

1. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

hackers? :p
  2. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Has anyone noticed if the 7m cap increases? (It used to be about a week's worth of ascXP, I wonder if that increases as the scroll and passive amounts increase...)
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

I don't know. I've been spending it every day on my one toon that has already capped an ascension class. Doing all the KA solo/AS quests (so 4 solo zones and 4 AS with the quests) is enough to burn off the xp gained + scroll provided I do 6 of the 8 timed quests in the 4 solo zones.
    Shmogre likes this.
  4. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Heh, same here, try to keep mine used up as well. I'm hoping they increased the cap as well to keep up...I have a feeling I'll be finding out in the near future. <grin>
  5. Mandoblast Active Member

I hit 10 last week and noticed it was the same amount of xp. on the 2nd class. I looked at the scrolls and saw that they went from 600k to 1.1m. I then noticed that asc vitality was at the same rate and did not double. I let Caith know that same day and it got fixed in the patch Tuesday. Now every 22hrs post level 10 on the next class we get around 2.092m asc xp with vitality and scrolls. Not half of the xp as we were all assuming but half of the time.

All of my information was sourced by the @NYTimes and not fake news.

You're welcome.
    Kari likes this.
  6. Meneltel Well-Known Member

You trust the NYTimes? *shakes head* Oh no, you MUST believe the "official" propaganda that we are spoonfed or else you might discover the truth! And we cant allow that. Other wise you will learn the Truth. and the Truth will make you frantic!
    babettelabete likes this.
  7. Shmogre Well-Known Member

It's only half the time if you diligently grind out the XP each day (~1m/day for first ascension class, ~2m/day for second, ~4m/day for third, and ~8m/day for the fourth). If they haven't also increased the hard cap of the ascension pool (currently 7m), then a fair amount of ascension XP might be "lost" and it could be even more difficult to truly halve the time it will take.

Another thing to note is that the member bonus seems to be a set 100k (not a percentage-based amount), so as the daily scroll amount increases, the member bonus gets less helpful (from a 20% bonus for first class to a 2.5% bonus to fourth):

[IMG]

As was said in another thread, the XP required to level a class after your first doesn't change, so the amount of time played doesn't change. Many were hoping it would be the played time that would be lessened, to help make any effort put in after leveling the first class a bit more productive. For folks that were getting their max ascension XP each day, they might now need to put in twice the time to keep up. This mechanism works well for some, not so much for others.

Overall this means that, other than for those who are already getting millions of XP a day every day, ascension leveling for second to fourth classes for most folks really won't change too much. Not complaining, necessarily, just resetting my expectations. <grin>
  8. Mandoblast Active Member

I see what you mean. Yes the amount of play "time" is the same but the physical "time" in days is cut in half.

Touche.
    Shmogre likes this.
  9. Chillispike Active Member

Doh! they forgot about the pool increase? :(
    double XP but you reach the cap even faster that is awfull kinda, atm you can pickup scroll every day and grind the whole bunch after 2 weeks :(
    but missing out .. ? the last class needs 1/8 of the first one that is 12-13 days in total from 0 to 10 ok do em every 3 days fine .. but thinking further .. you still have to grind the amount of XP down! It's true that we'll reach the next one to 10 in half of the time .. but grinding down like 20mil every 3 days .. wow .. that sounds awfull .. unless we get a XP bonus for convert as well that it's fine i guess .. gonna watch out for it once i'm at 10 and starting the next one.
    Shmogre likes this.
  10. Chillispike Active Member

I did the calculation of it on wikia and it should be like this:

The half the time of leveling of Ascension classes once a class reaches level 10 works as follows:
    *Once you reached level 10 on one Ascension class
    **the scrolls will give you 1,100,000 (the double amount) of Guided Ascension experience
    **the hourly gained Ascension XP get's doubled to 40k/hour => 960k per day * 7 days = 6,720,000
    **the Cap of 7.000.000 Guided Ascension XP remains
    *Once you reached level 10 on two Ascension classes
    **the scrolls will give you 2,100,000 (the tripple amount) of Guided Ascension experience
    **the hourly gained Ascension XP get's doubled to 80k/hour => 1,920k per day * 4 days = 7,680,000 (Over the 7mil cap by 680k)
    *Once you reached level 10 on three Ascension classes
    **the scrolls will give you 4,100,000 (the quad amount) of Guided Ascension experience
    **the hourly gained Ascension XP get's doubled to 160k/hour => 3,840k per day * 2 days = 7,680,000 (Over the 7mil cap by 680k)
  11. Praetorian Well-Known Member

So.. basically... if the "Cap" was removed... all is well.. That's all this thread needs to say lol.
  12. Entropy Well-Known Member

It's not doubled every time, it's 100% (additive) bonus every time. At least that's in line with how it was explained awhile ago. That would also be in line with how regular XP bonuses work (and also why "double XP" weekends are disappointing for those of us at 500%+ XP bonus otherwise).

No Ascension maxed: 20k per Hour and 0.5M per scroll.
    1 Ascension maxed: 40k per Hour and 1.0M per scroll.
    2 Ascension maxed: 60k per Hour and 1.5M per scroll.
    3 Ascension maxed: 80k per Hour and 2.0M per scroll.
    4 Ascension maxed: Grats, you won.

(Plus 100k per scroll, non-scaling, if member).
  13. Shmogre Well-Known Member

For now, we are basing everything off Kander telling us that each progressive Ascension class would take half as long to level as the prior. I guess unless a dev chimes in, we won't know for sure until someone maxes their second class.

Only about 40 days until we see the answer... :p
  14. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Found the quote from Kander:
  15. Chillispike Active Member

It does take have of the time, but the calculation prolly goes like :
    • Once you reached level 10 on one Ascension class
      • the scrolls will give you 1,100,000 (the double amount) of Guided Ascension experience
      • the hourly gained Ascension XP get's doubled to 40k/hour => 960k per day * 7 days = 6,720,000
      • the Cap of 7.000.000 Guided Ascension XP remains
    • Once you reached level 10 on two Ascension classes
      • the scrolls will give you 2,100,000 (the tripple amount) of Guided Ascension experience
      • the hourly gained Ascension XP get's doubled to 80k/hour => 1,920k per day * 4 days = 7,680,000 (Over the 7mil cap by 680k)
    • Once you reached level 10 on three Ascension classes
      • the scrolls will give you 4,100,000 (the quad amount) of Guided Ascension experience
      • the hourly gained Ascension XP get's doubled to 160k/hour => 3,840k per day * 2 days = 7,680,000 (Over the 7mil cap by 680k)