Ascension xp bugged after hitting level 10

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Jangle, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Sigh. To echo Cragfire, that's disappointing.

(I once laughed at the "tinfoil hat" types that were saying that everything has been geared towards simply increasing the "hours played" metric...the laughs are ringing a bit hollow now. :()
    Whiomaju likes this.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Once you finish lvl 10 ascension, scrolls become woth 500k, 500k and then the bonus 100k for member.
    Additionally, every hour you gain 45,100 into the ascension xp pool.
  3. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Are any of you able to use your original lvl10 Ascension class spells while training a new class? (I'm not able to...the other class greys out when I start training the new one; I can speak to my old master to get them active again, but then I can't earn XP towards the new class.)

If this is intended, then we might not be able to switch back and forth until all four are maxed, so add in "losing access to those awesome spells while training the next class" to the list of things to know about Ascension.

(I don't want to derail this thread, so I started a new thread over here.)
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

You can only use the abilities of the ascension class you currently 'are'. You can also only gain ascension xp for the class you current 'are'.
    You CAN swap back and forth. You just don't gain levels on your 'new' class while you're the 'old' class. You do not lose any progress in the 'new' class when you revert to the old one.
    I've been swapping back to my maxed class for raid and heroics and leveling my new class in solo.
    Feldon and Shmogre like this.
  5. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Thanks, Mermut. Was hoping we could access the class spells by activating the form rather than having to visit the trainers directly.

And oh man, it sucks starting over after getting all the spells... ;)
  6. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

Fixed your quote, haha
    Shmogre likes this.
  7. Feldon Well-Known Member

Switching Ascension class every day to pickup the correct scroll and gain XP. Joy.
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

They did say that you'd have to talk to the masters to swap between ascension classes. Since they are seperate, and exclusive, classes the way it works shouldn't be a surprise.
    Shmogre likes this.
  9. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Agreed. It was my own fault that losing access to the spells caught me by surprise.

I think the letdown came from the transition from "Whoo hoo, level 10, three months of diligence and now I've got these awesome spells!!" and then "Oh blergh, I need to grind up this other class without the benefit of the spells I've been using for weeks/months".

Then all of the other realizations: XP earned from using the leveled class won't help with new one, unless I use XP vials, which cost DBC and I don't get tithe; I have another 45 days to go to get this one leveled and then I do it again with the next class. Then I saw that it wasn't the XP required to level that was cut in half with the second class, it was that the XP you can bank from scrolls and passive ascXP that was doubled (so the amount of playing and XP to earn didn't go down, so to stay efficient you need to earn twice as much each day as before).

I will say the way leveling was "halved" after getting a class max leveled *was* a surprise. While technically you will be able to level in half the time, that is only if you play long enough (or run contested zones enough) each day, since you'll need to earn twice the daily XP that the first class took to use up your banked XP. So it's really not saving us much, since the *played* time remains the same. Elapsed time versus active play time was something I didn't even consider when we were told that each new class would take half as long as the prior.

(And the math means that for our fourth class, to be efficient, we'll need to earn about 8 million XP per day to take full advantage of the bonuses from leveling the other three. Maybe not a problem for some, but for many that means it's not as much of a boon as we had hoped.)
  10. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

I just didn't consider the scroll element. Switching back and forth is ok if I'm going to switch and use the class for a while. But switching just to get a scroll from someone across the map and then having to switch back is waste of time.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

Why do you have to switch back after getting the scroll? Are you not trying to level the new class and just gathering scrolls?
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

I definitely agree.
  13. Quigly Active Member

Would be nice to be able to continue to get scrolls without having to change ascension class ><
    Kari and captainbeatty451 like this.
  14. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Why bother? flipping from back to old class significantly boost you Pot (by like 18% or so) so it looks like more reasonable bank exp to the cap (7.7M) and when spend quality hour or so laying waste on some contested dungeon :)
    Shmogre likes this.
  15. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

Because a lot of the time that I actually play now is during raid night. I'm not going to raid as a weaker version of myself, nor do I really want to do anything OTHER than experience grind as a weaker version of myself.

I wouldn't switch ascension until I absolutely had to in order to get rid of the accumulated xp, but now I have to switch in order to get a scroll and then fly across the map to change back to my more powerful ascension. Or remember to switch back before logging out so that I can just grab the new one when I log back in. It's just one...more...tedious...poorly thought out mechanic of KA.

Brings me back to the idea that ascension should have been like our epics. Archetype based. You have an archetype, you get that ascension and level it up. As it is, they're all various forms of dps anyway. I have no desire to level up 3 more ascension classes. But because it's there, I feel like I have to. And the system they set up for it is clunky. It's lame.
    Whiomaju and DoomDrake like this.
  16. Feldon Well-Known Member

I guess I thought they would put the brakes on the tedium by not requiring us to switch Ascension class TWICE PER DAY, once to gain XP, once to play the class we've actually leveled. But you're right, I shouldn't be surprised.
    Meneltel and Shmogre like this.
  17. Xerikton Active Member

it is all good to have the increase in daily ascension exp handed out after reaching your first level 10. as it is I can just about use up all said exp doing the ka dailies and a few pqs. HOWEVER, if it increases even more after the second level 10 is achieved it will be problematic time wise to use up each days exp for me.
    Shmogre likes this.
  18. Flatline Well-Known Member

So basically we dont need HALT the XP we just get double the allotment... lord the timesink is never ending.. now we gotta double the daily grind..

Cant imagine how it will be once we go to 3rd and 4th... XP bar will fillout w like 2 days not online..... bloody heck! I totally dislike
    DoomDrake likes this.
  19. Mermut Well-Known Member

Just confirmed your ascension xp pool DOES increase even if you're on an ascension class you have capped.
    Shmogre likes this.
  20. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Russians :confused: