Ascension Spell Upgrade System Suggestion

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by jsbake2, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Cirvandal Active Member

OR mass quit the game until they make a change. Soon those who somehow believe in EQ2 surviving through pay to win will be proven wrong. Every second that they are not making a massive change is a step closer to the absolute death of this game, mark my words (and see that I am right AGAIN).

Sorry OP but you clearly have no idea how to make a business plan. The 25% off Marketplace on more than once a week would already make it a massive loss.

Vunder, about bot accounts, I rather see 5000 players with 6 accounts each than 10000 individuals. 6x sub + 6x xpac > 300 usd ascension upgrades. Every botter would compensate for every loss of someone who bought everything gm this xpac. Power to the botters!.. errr boxers!
    Lateana and Justaplayer like this.
  2. Punchalotadeeps Member

The problem is everyone wants to obtain the highest power possible. Pay2Win or not, people complain when there is something stopping them from achieving said power.
    If there was no pay method on gaining Ascension ability levels, people would complain it is too diffcult otherwise.
    Then you would hear threads saying, "AT LEAST LET US RESEARCH WITH DBC LIKE EVERY OTHER SPELL DAYBREAK".
    No one is ever fully pleased on Everquest 2, it's been that way since launch.
    Tbh although this expansion is grindy, it beats running heroics nonstop to get gear. At least there are plenty of methods to obtain gear without running the same nonsense over and over for months and never getting the drop you want.
    Yea experts, for Eth coins, but that's just an event on it's own.
    It doesn't matter what DB says or does there will always be those complaining they cannot be as strong as someone else.
    It's the generation of entitlement that ruins MMOs and most games in general.
    Lateana likes this.
  3. Finora Well-Known Member

Eh, no. That's kind of a tired excuse that's been used for years every time someone who considers themselves 'the old guard' of mmos sees people asking for something to change that is causing issues.

I for one do not think the slow of drops for ascension upgrades and the forced progression through the tiers is not directly linked to the "oh look how easy it is just to pay for it!' for a second.

That is what many people are annoyed with. It's such a blatant cash grab. They weren't even pretending with that one. If they compromised even a little most players would be a lot happier. The people who truly are the "NEED IT NOW" will still pay the DBC for the upgrades.

This suggested compromise for example:

Alenna, Mizgamer62 and Prissetta like this.
  4. Earar Well-Known Member

thing is .. if things would have gone as I thought .. receipes would have still cost a lost and upgrading all your spells would still be hard but manageable.

u have 4 classes u can pick and swap. So I thought we could manage to get all 4 classes to a descent level and change if needed. But no, with their new way of upgrading spells and how rare the spells are, u can only afford to upgrade one class.

plus first time ever i see adept (here receipes) being way more expensive than masters, and rarer.

so no .. it's not just easy complaints, it changed everything in the spell upgrade (and yes everyone wants good spells ... but usually get it with work) and not for the best
    Prissetta likes this.
  5. Doomravin Well-Known Member

Think we've rode this train almost all the way home,
    Even the tea boys at Daybreak must know some peeps in the player base are irate about this topic.

Is Daybreak doing anything about it? I think someone has improved drop rates on adept recipes and pages from my own personal experience of expert runs recently (expert spell drop rates are terrible still).

However, expert runs are now dropping off big-time because most peeps have got their shiny new ethereal toys and are sick of expert runs. So this side of the problem's solution may well end up as a case of too little, far too late :confused:

Master page drop rates are still abysmal - wonder how many of them have been discoed by crafting? It's sad when master recipes are cheaper on the broker than adept recipes by tens of thousands of plats....

The big question now is are the developers going to sort out this silliness in time for the new expac? It's hard to believe that they'd want to keep it as is - the prelude quest rewards do seem to indicate perhaps a positive shift in overall approach, so here's hoping things get sorted out :)
  6. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

I have only gotten a few pages and those were for ascensions I am not using now that I have all four maxed out. I just slowly but steadily research them. At the current drop rate for pages and recipes, researching is faster. Just get rid of the need for ten pages, make it two at most and many people would be happier.
    Alenna and Prissetta like this.
  7. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

honestly, if the game were to cost any more than it already does, I probably would go find something else to do with my money. between paying a ludicrous amount for expansions, and membership, and any goodies off the market place, plus trying to afford whatever is being sold in game for plat, I think my wallet, both real and virtual, is stretched just a little too thin. leave the payment systems alone. just give a better way to work for this stuff and can the grind a little bit.
    Prissetta likes this.