Ascension Classes

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Bella222, Jun 20, 2018.

1. Bella222 Active Member

Well, I have finally gotten two of my characters to level 7 on ascension classes and I can tell I really don't like them at all. I enjoy playing my SK as an SK. I don't want to be an elementalist or any of the others. I really enjoy playing my pally as a pally with all the variety of spells and skill that he has. I enjoy my necro, my wizard, my inquisitor. They are all different and bring enjoyable variety to the game. I really wish you would just get rid of them. They are nothing but trouble. The game was much more enjoyable in previous expansions and at present I see no need to buy another expansion or continue to subscribe wen it is actually more fun to play the free expansions. Please DO something.
    Toxify, Rhodris and Meneltel like this.
  2. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Bella222, many of us have said the same thing to them. And we are STILL saying it. Like talking to my cat. Goes in one ear and out the other and the cat keeps on doing what it wants.
    Toxify, Rhodris and Rosyposy like this.
  3. Dannni Active Member

If you cover the refunds to everyone who bought the ascension upgrades, daybreak might get behind it :p
  4. Seknoot New Member

1. You should level 1 class to 10 before switching so you earn more xp per hour and get more xp per scroll.

2. I’ve found when soloing I often forget about the ascension abilities as they are so long to cast that I could just kill mobs quicker without using them. On named, heroics, and raids I’m sure they can have a greater impact, esp with items that reduce their cast times and upgraded spells.
  5. Svenone Well-Known Member

They still take a long time to cast, at least from the perspective of a brigand with 100% (or higher) cast speed/resuse/recase. My combat arts cast in a fraction of a second, but the ascension spells take multiple seconds each. Yes, I have orange runes to speed them up, but 20% off of 4 seconds is still a hell of a lot slower than any combat art.
    CA,CA,CA,a s c e n t i o n s p e l l,CA,CA....

Don't get me started on the costs of upgrading ascension spells (yes, yes I know they don't have to cost a penny...technically).
    Rhodris likes this.