Ascension Ability, Wildfire unusable

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Rupe, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Rupe Member

I am a lev 106 Paladin, who came back to the game after three years. I have been back for a year now, but have only recently began using my paladin. Just recently I received a new ability or at least a new icon in my hot bar Called wildfire. Wildfire is in my hot bar but not in my knowledge book, and it never seems to become usable. I am confused and hope someone can help. Thanks in advance
  2. Grumpy_Warrior It's a KILT, dang it!

The Wildfire spell is an Ascension. There should be a page in your knowledge book for Ascensions. There is also a Wildfire adornment, could that be it? Right-click it and see if there is a choice to apply it to your gear.
  3. Rupe Member

It is the spell Wildfire and since my last post, I did find it in my knowledge book in the ascension folder. The problem is that it still appears to be unusable, or grayed out if you will. When I click it, along with other ascension spells nothing appears to happen. Is there a particular ascension that needs to be active for these spells to be usable, if so then what do I need to do?
  4. Dude Well-Known Member

In order to use that spell, the ascension skill it goes with must be the one you currently have selected. That is true for all ascension spells.
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Wildfire is an... Elementalist spell, I think? In order to be able to use it, you need to be set as an Elementalist. Check your character screen to see what Ascension class you're currently set for. If you're not set for the right one, then if you have the Myrist expansion, you can head to Myrist and set your current ascension class to Elementalist.
    Dude and Breanna like this.
  6. Rupe Member

thaanks

Thank you for your answer
    Dude likes this.