||||||||||| as a player name?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Wurm, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

I've seen him around, he's never been a jerk when I have... I saw his name and said "cool". it's not an rp server so no harm.
  2. Fetish Well-Known Member

I read that in my head as SatanShart... =\
  3. Slant Well-Known Member

I have a character with numbers in his name. Seems to be a really rare bug caused when you hit the random button. I was gonna try to get a screen shot but it seems that over the years I have created 49 accounts and I really don't wanna even try to figure out that many passwords.
  4. Tooloose Active Member

This dude has been around for almost a half decade. They don't give a flying retrograde hip thrusting motion at a rolling donut and neither should you.
  5. YliYli Member

Live and let live?

Even on RP servers, there could be a good reason for what first appears to be a 'stupid' name. Maybe it's not pronounceable? It's more creative than 'Supreme Doomlord Darkwhatever"
  6. Vunder Well-Known Member

Correct. EULA states that character names need to be in-line with the fantasy universe. I did not read the EULA I just have had my named changed a few times because I violated it. For example I had a Paladin Ogre named Borderhopper...apparently this was offensive to someone even tho it clearly plays on the ogre paladin part. I thought it was hilarious. GM's not so much.

I simply do not invite people with idiotic names I have to think about to invite. If the names difficult ill just pass you up.

Some i've seen I ignore:
    • IIIIIIIIIIIIIII
    • Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    • Nooooooooope
    • Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie
    • Weidermunchkin
    • Monoegavirales (this ones my favorite simply because im a microbiologist.)
  7. Vunder Well-Known Member

You can easily bypass many of the filters by making the letters capital when you create the toon. Example. Jiggles isn't allowed, but if you type JIGGLES it will go through.
  8. YliYli Member

Is there a way to turn off character names in options (unless you mouse over them or something. ) ? If naming conventions bother us so much, let try not to be so distracted by them in the first place. It's been a long long time since people relied on GMs to change names because they were not in character enough. Save their time for the truly offensive ones, yeah?
  9. Rainmare Well-Known Member

I think people missed the point. it wasn't about the name being offensive or whatever, it was how someone made a name that is basically a bar code that got past a filter,a dn why the filter didn't perhaps, pick up a barcode as a say, specail character. of that the named illllllllllll isn't really a 'name'

yeah names like diiiiiiiiie and brrrrrrrr I would wonder about to. if your EULA says you need a fantasy name...why would it let you name characters like that. seems like the filter should have that set to 'that's an action/special characer/sound..not a name'