As a brand new bauble level 110, just how am i to survive the first *solo* instance in Chelsith?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Jovie, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Jovie Well-Known Member

So i find out that i can't just port to the moon, have to do a signature quest, fine. I head to the vault solo after putting on the box of gear in myrist, head on down and i get demolished by the orange con nameds.
    When i am not dying, i am not doing any damage.
    How is someone who uses a level bauble supposed to get anything done?
    Observing likes this.
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

The gear in Myrist is to get you started on the CD signature line. Except fo the adornments it's not going to be useful. I recommend doing the Days of Summer panda quests to get gear. Then put the adorns on that gear.
    Breanna, Pixistik and Jovie like this.
  3. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

also, one need NOT engage the yard trash; Just the Named.
    By using the ledges and water paths and such, it is very possible to avoid all the trash, and just deal with the Named.
    The first and last Named is quite annoying, however, so bring LOTS of mana recovery items: Overclocked Manastones, Potions, Mystic with their Spirit Tap, etc.
    and I quite agree with Dude, get the Panda's latest set of gear, and ALL of the adornments from the myrist crate armor/weapons/jewelry, and lastly reforge per your class.
    edit:
    also, if memory serves, there is a useful orange adornment for FREE off of one the item merchants in the Coliseum, and another in the Myrist library,.. Services area(i think) that also has a 0cp orange adornment.
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Jovie Well-Known Member

Thank you for the kind replies. I started the panda quest and was sent off to look for a bottle in pillar of flames to no avail.
    I would rather not chase down shadows and silly things just to be able to enter luclin.
    It appears that i have found myself left behind. The way that gear requirements are now and how "difficult" the fights are, it appears that eq2 has finally joined eq1 in stonewalling those who are late to the show.
    For the record, i am not late. I just avoided the past couple of expansions with all of the garbage ascencion and resolve and other silly stats.

I guess it is off to lord of the rings online, where their silly equipment requirements for late game areas aren't quite as silly as they are in eq2.
    Kalika and Observing like this.
  5. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Breanna likes this.
  6. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

It is a bit worrisome that they would throw newly minted 110 heroic characters into the Vault of Omens mission.

The Luclin armor box should be moved to Teren's Grasp but only accessible if you own the expac.

You can have 1 player or 1 mercenary assist you in a [Solo] mission. If you want to get through the mission without self-gearing, you should ask a veteran player to accompany you. Ask around in General chat or send a few tells.
  7. Adept Active Member

Did you not get a full set of gear with level 110 bauble? When I used 110 bauble it came with a set of equipment superior to Panda stuff. Then added the white and orange adornments from Panda and from Myrst library free gear.

I guess it depends on class but the killer for me doing these was not the boss dps but their <profanity> mana drain. My attempts to mitigate mana drain with manastone thingy and potions and et al was futile ... best defense is a strong offense and kill em quick before you are manaless.
  8. Samora Blackmore New Member

The full set of gear provided with the level 110 bauble is starter 110 set probably design to get you started on the first signature quest etc in the last expac. It is not possible to do Vault of Omens (Solo) with that gear, it has minimal resolve etc so you get more or less one shotted (at least as a mage). Trust me I tried. You need to get someone to help you, or do days of summer, signature line from last expac etc to get better gear. I'm sure a veteran player would be willing to help out, It is fairly quick to do. As someone mentioned the free BoL gear should be given out in Terans Grasp so new and returning players can have chance to solo the prequest for BoL. Its and MMO so you should be able to get some help, but it is understandable that this can be off-putting..
  9. Adept Active Member

Perhaps we are talking about a different 110 bauble? My berserker dressed in the gear he got with the 110 Luclin clicky bauble without the Myrst and Panda adornments has 2750 resolve and 80k potency. Hps do look a bit low however adding the adornments would increase figures dramatically.
    Dude likes this.
  10. Raff Well-Known Member

The chest gear is junk. But get all of it and put it on. Then learn to use wiki and go do the panda quests for better gear & more adorns. One you get panda gear, strip the adorns off the myrist chest gear (and throw away) and apply them to the panda gear. Equip panda gear.

You are now ready to begin the overland quest series & sig line of CD.

But even then, you are still under geared for Luclin. If you want to play Luclin and you haven't run CD? You are going to need help.

So, best advice at this point is find a guild that is willing to help you over the first hurdles of Luclin.
    Dude likes this.
  11. Vunder Well-Known Member

For those that do NOT understand where they are coming from. i am 100% convinced it has changed since launch.

You have to do over 1 billion dps to kill the named, otherwise you run out of power and die.

I have did the quest pre launch with a brig, no issues, didnt even use a merc.

I did the quest last night on a raid geared beastlord, had to have my merc and could barely break 1 bilion dps and it took me nearly 30min to get through it.

I baubled a tank, zerker, got the bauble gear, adornments, ect. around 80k pot 3200 resolve and 4k cb. I can't get over 300m dps in the zone with ascensions.

I have priests that cannot do it after launch, I did it before launch, now I cannot kill them. I have a raid geared channeler that has not finished because i cannot kill the named. I tried my T2 geared defiler. I got 1st named to 94% hp and died from no mana.

Sadly, you have to do it on EVERY single character. It is not an account flag.
    Observing likes this.
  12. Cildar New Member

Are you kidding me? In order to go to the expansion I just paid for I have to do the stupid boring run around Panda quests for a week or two AND then the stupid Duality Signature quest? And THEN I get to go to Luclin, lean over and pick up better gear? What ******* totally ******** set of design decisions.
    Observing likes this.
  13. Leed Active Member

Did they label Vault as a Luclin zone and disable orange adorns there? That's the first thing that comes to mind for me about why that zone might seem harder now.
  14. Roald Member

Why is there now a pre-requisite to get your new recipe books from level 111 to 120? Is this the norm? I don't recall there ever being a pre-requisite for the crafters to purchase their basic recipe books. I was really disappointed about this. I am a returning player also but, maybe not for long.
    Can someone give me a reason for this?
    AOE1 and Observing like this.
  15. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I got one to drop doing an Overseer mission. I'm sure people will be sticking the Advanced books on the broker Real SoonNow, but that they'll be pricey to start.
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Argosunited Well-Known Member

You don't need to do the panda quests, just the duality quest.
    The starter gear you get from the chest in CD should be enough.

Just saw Vunders post ... maybe wait to see if it's 'fixed'.
  17. Dude Well-Known Member

The starter gear for CD is not going to be enough. It wasn't even enough for CD, which is why everyone made MC gear to move forward in CD.
    Breanna likes this.
  18. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I did it in CD gear but with a Necro and Coercer, last week. (I've just come back)
  19. Jovie Well-Known Member

I baubled another character today and the stats were quite better. The one that i was complaining about i had consumed the 110 adventure level bauble when Rivervale first came out, and the gear was sub par.

Funny thing is, i found that a 110 crafter can do the crafting version to gain entry and then spawn right next to the chest in the blinding. I put that on and the difference was nice.

Why they don't put the chest in kylong is beyond me.
  20. Cildar New Member

Thanks and that would be helpful except the Duality Quest is broken because two of the nodes you need for gathering on one of the steps don't yield the items you need for the quest. So even though it's dead balls STUPID that you have to do this quest in gear that can't really survive in those zones, you STILL can't finish the quest because of the bug and STILL cannot go to the expansion paid for.
    Observing likes this.