Artisan's formal ensemble :(

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Magickalprincess, Jul 31, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Zehl_Ice-Fire Guest

Fits perfectly on dark elf & half elf. FYI I'm female and I absolutely love the very sexy look. There are lots of pretty gear-robes for when I'm in a serious mood, and the regular dresses are nice too. There is always the all white & gold opulent outfit that coud be created in more colors for an in between bellydancer and everyday pretty dress.
  2. ARCHIVED-xsikal Guest

Plenty of clipping issues on high elves, (non-SOGA), though, as another poster mentioned, you can hide most of them if you wear a cloak.
  3. ARCHIVED-GrunEQ Guest

Ummmm I'm slightly disappointed that with all the complaining about the looks of the outfit on certain races, that the only comment that Domino addressed was if you want one go quest it. Totally missed the whole point of the topic.
  4. ARCHIVED-Jehanne Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    I did do the quest today and the gown is lovely! But will you please get someone to fix the ceremonial formal ensemble so that I can use my 40k max faction with the Dark Bargainers to buy a ceremonial ensemble, instead of requiring me to have 40k adventuring faction?
  5. ARCHIVED-Captain Apple Darkberry Guest

Lateana@The Bazaar wrote:
    Evening...

Morning...

Anytime!

But yes, they really do need to fix the fact that some races... <cough> HALFLINGS!!!! <cough> ...have really odd panty lines.
  6. ARCHIVED-Ortog Guest

Domino, we have a lot of women in this game, mature women.., most of them are crafters and the ones that I know are terribly annoyed that the reward from the level 60 crafting quest makes them look like they belong under a red light.
  7. ARCHIVED-Dread Quixadhal Guest

Soooo... it sounds to me like the number one complaint with the new outfit is panty lines. It seems to me that the simplest solution would be to stop wearing panties.

*ducks*

Hey, don't tell me you didn't think it!

*ducks and dodges*
  8. ARCHIVED-Daysy Guest

It would have been better to have a choice of dresses, with another more respectable one available, although I still don't undestand what anyone would be "crafting" to want to be half-naked while they're doing it.
  9. ARCHIVED-AnjelikaR Guest

Ortog wrote:
    That's exactly how I worded it when linking them to guild. I would love some pretty clothes that aren't so skimpy. Was very disappointed to see this same outfit now in 4 colors as my only options.

What I would rather have seen was that white blouse that is purchased on the city merchant offered in various colors.
  10. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

Anasur@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Could you clarify that? As stated in the game update notes, ALL city writ factions (both tradeskill and adventuring) should be selling the black ensemble to allies, and that includes the Dark Bargainers, not just adventurers. If the Dark Bargainers are not selling it, that is a bug which hasn't yet been brought to my attention and should be fixed.

Regarding the appearance of the robe and underwear on some female models, I can't really comment as that's entirely an art-related issue; unfortunately I can't change the actual shapes of any of the clothing in any way whatsoever. If it hasn't already been done, feedback in the art issues forum would most likely reach the art folks fastest. However, like anything else in the game, if you don't like the appearance of the robe there is no reason you need to wear it. Some do like the look, some don't; not everybody will like every appearance available, and in fact it's quite impossible to please everybody with every appearance. Nonetheless, there are plenty of other clothing options for those who don't like this particular one, and no doubt more still to come in the future. :D
  11. ARCHIVED-GrunEQ Guest

Thanks Domino for addressing the appearence problem and letting us know where the complaints should go... sometimes we just don't know that it's not your area, as most, and certainly me, think that since it is tradeskill related, you would be invovled or could pass on to those who are, since most of us don't have a clue of the inner workings behind the sceens.
    I have started a topic post in LOOK & FEEL...please post there about this topic and hope for a fix.
  12. ARCHIVED-Jehanne Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    Domino, there's a bug. The Dark Bargainers merchant doesn't offer the ceremonial formal ensemble for sale. There's a City Merchant in Neriak that offers it for sale but only to those who have ally faction with "Agents of Neriak." That merchant also refuses to sell it to me. I'll PM you additional info if you want it.
  13. ARCHIVED-Buz_Weaver Guest

Sydne@Befallen wrote:
    I have to admit I chuckled when I saw that. Did you make one of those facial impression you see kids do when you dress them up in clothes you made from scraps of cloth, LOL?
  14. ARCHIVED-Buz_Weaver Guest

At least you had the presence of mind not to show the characters name so as to protect their anonymity, LOL.
  15. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

Anasur@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Thanks, somehow nobody had spotted that yet! I've just fixed that up and will see if we can get it into the next hotfix - failing that, Game Update 48 at the latest.
  16. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    Thanks for the update!
  17. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    I'm not seeing it on the City Merchants in Qeynos at all. Are there faction requirements, or guild level requirements?

*EDIT* Nevermind, they're on the actual faction merchants, not the generic City Merchants.
  18. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    Regarding the underwear peeking through, that was feedbacked and bugged from the first month of the game and feedback/bugged (with a thread in the items or look & feel forum at least once a quarter) since then, too. It's not going to be changed. It's due to the skeleton. IF the revamp is still coming, that is one of the items specifically mentioned over 2 years ago as being fixed by the new skeleton.

As for plenty of other clothing options, sure.. if you're not limited to cloth. Or were you meaning the recolours of the same garment over a dozen times as craftable clothing? But, I'm sure they'll add in more unique looks for plate, chain, and leather while recolouring an existing robe texture and adding in maybe 1 new robe texture but keeping the exact same robe and not adding in any other cloth variety.

But, you're also right, that's not your job. It is the art assets.
  19. ARCHIVED-Amphibia Guest

Well, at least that skimpy dress look 10 times better on a dwarf - even with the underwear showing - than it does on a Froglok....

I'll spare you the screenies... hehe
  20. ARCHIVED-Cica Guest

I am a female in RL and i do like the new formal wear in all colors, ( so thank you very much for that Domino!) i would even love to have one in red !
    As Domino sad not everyone have same taste and i understand its not easy to find what everyones likes or dislikes. I also read how hard it is and how long it takes to create new armor sets because how the graphics work in the game, is it hard to change colors on existing armor too ? Because if not more colors mean more choices.
    I also like the armor i bought for my illusionist from blodlines after you do the quest on the good side, you can purchase the armor thats cloth but looks like shiny plate armor,(ceremonial tunic of marr...) i was wondering if that could be made in other colors, i know there is a greyish black one too with same look, that drops in FG, but that is chain so my cloth wearer chars cant wear it .