Art Suggestions/Requests

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by ttobey, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

This appearance currently shows up on Sarnaks who equip the Abyssal Vanguard Leather Gi (level 100 tailor), which appears as a dark grey Brawler-style gi on anyone else.

https://imgur.com/a/7fyaCKZ

it is hideously low-resolution and clearly not an art texture that worked with every race model. Why it ended up on Sarnaks from a Thalumbra-era gi is actually quite baffling.
    Cassta, Geroblue and Breanna like this.
  2. Obano Well-Known Member

Wow that is really interesting. The Gi of Blissful awareness appearance was removed before Sarnaks were even put in the game. Somehow I guess the appearance wasn't completely removed but just lay dormant somewhere in the game's database. That makes sense because there were a few NPCs that continued to wear the item for a couple years after the initial removal. Though those were eventually removed as well. Then it somehow got revived again via whatever script they use to make new armor.

Again that is very interesting. The fact that it still exists after all these years makes the likelihood that it can brought back a lot higher. Thanks for the info.

Here is an experiment: I wonder what would happen if that Gi was equipped on a Sarnak and an illusion form was activated. Sometimes that causes weird appearances such as blue ratongas and purple skinned humans. Maybe the Gi will show up on something other than a Sarnak.
    Cassta likes this.
  3. Obano Well-Known Member

Well the illusion theory didn't work but it looks good on Sarnak. It is not really a low texture item. It is just the gamma boundary that looks jagged.

[IMG]
    Cassta and Breanna like this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

We had some Marketplace appearance clothes that were bare midriff. Which reminds me, the Marketplace should use the cloth forearm "cuff" style armor as a basis for wrist bracelets that match the metals/decoration of the upper arm bands we already have. I would spend DBG$ to get more bling.

[IMG]
    Cassta likes this.
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I just adore those old outfits
    I's am sure it would's look good on Ratongas too .
    Cassta, Obano and Breanna like this.
  6. Nazy Well-Known Member

I was looking at my Ranger's bow animation and noticed that I was shooting arrows from my daggers some of the time. I have the wonderful apperance bow from Shard of Love and I prefer to look at that over the daggers I use.

Another thing: the arrows I shoot are bigger than my tiny Fae. Is it possible to scale them down for smallest characters?
    Triad, Schmetterling and Cassta like this.
  7. Bluhr Member

Someone suggested I cross post this message here:

Back when I first started playing EQ2, one of the things I really thought was cool were the unique weapon and fight style animations of the Monk and Bruiser characters. I really loved the animations that the Monk had with one handed blunt weapons or something like a quarter staff. The spins, the kicks, the various martial arts moves, were unique and very entertaining.

However in the last few expansions I haven't seen any weapons that take advantage of these unique animations. It seems that the more recent itemizations have restricted the Monks and Bruisers to the more common fight animations, and to be very clear, some of those animations are BORING. For example, the normal spear, staff, and blunt weapon animations.

An easy way to see this is just look on the broker and search for "staff" then use the dressing room to look at how a monk holds each staff. If the monk holds it out in front, that weapon won't use the unique animations. If they hold it under an arm and up behind them, the unique animations will be used.

It's bad enough that weapon appearance and design has taken a route where we get only a handful of unique weapon appearances with each expansion. I'm further saddened that when I searched the broker, I was not able to find any tradeable/crafted weapons from the last several expansions that take advantage of the unique animation and fighting style of the brawlers. I had to go back to items from around level 80 to find one that uses the unique animations.

I implore Darkpaw Games, please make Monks and Bruisers LOOK GREAT while fighting! Please itemize weapons that will take advantage of their awesome animations!
    Cassta likes this.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Well, now we have the Wardrobe, you can take your favorite appearance weapon and stick it in the wardrobe and then wear it for appearance. Your boring weapon is still equipped where it should be, but the appearance weapon is all that shows.
    Griffon Lady and Cassta like this.
  9. Bluhr Member

That's what I've done, though it would be nice if some of the newer weapon appearances could take advantage of the martial art character animations. When I was looking today, I wasn't able to find anything newer than Sentinel's Fate that made use of the brawler style animations. I think that's sad since they add a good amount of flavor to playing one of those character types.
    Griffon Lady and Cassta like this.
  10. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

There have been weapons in every expansion that uses the brawler animations. Specifically any type of knuckle or cestii weapon. There are a few bo-staff weapons in Luclin too.
    Cassta likes this.
  11. Tierisch Well-Known Member

So this is less about art, but I was wondering if it would ever be possible for Beastlords to get snake warders?
    Cassta likes this.
  12. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I'm surprised they don't have them already!
  13. Tkia Well-Known Member

I'd like building blocks to match the sandstone effect in the custom options of Freeport houses. Sadly the ones we have called 'sandstone' don't come close to matching.

And in fact. a set of blocks to match each of the house customisation options would probably go down well. That's what? about 8 different sets? You could keep people happy for years trickling those out slowly. :D (But please do the sandstone set first!)
    Griffon Lady, Cassta and Geroblue like this.
  14. Cassta Well-Known Member

Definitely a YES to more bling and more appearance type jewelry. Vest is great too but what I want to know is...girl where did you get those wings?!?!?!?!!! They are absolutely stunning. Is it a race thing, an armor/cloak thing or just a special dev gift because you are the queen? :D They kind of look like Aerakyn wings but I could not get wings like that on mine. Come on, spill the beans on your secret! :p
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Not so much art related, exactly, but I'd like to see the rest of the Pantheon of Gods added as house plushies. Erollisi Marr, Innoruuk, Bertoxulous, Brell Serilis, Bristlebane, Rallos Zek, Quelious, Cazic Thule, Terris Thule, Morrel Thule, Varig Ro, Saryrn, Lanys T'Vyl, Karana, the Tribunal, Fennin Ro, Xegony, the Rathe Council, Tarew Marr...

All the other gods have house plushies, but these guys go overlooked.
    Cassta and Breanna like this.
  16. Cassta Well-Known Member

YES YES YES!!! I have NO PROBLEM spending DB cash for plushies. I want plushies for all!
    Breanna likes this.
  17. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Those wings are on the statue behind her.
  18. Nazy Well-Known Member

/cry
    Cassta, Triad and Geroblue like this.
  19. Cassta Well-Known Member

/pout
    Geroblue and Breanna like this.
  20. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Beastlords do get Reptile warders, but Norrath is idiosyncratic about what constitutes a reptile. Turtles are classed as Amphibians. Alligators are classed as Aquatic. And Reptile includes chokidai and lizards. I never tried to nab a snake with my baby BL, she wanted one of them pretty green-eyed gold-and-spots leopards from Shimmering Citadel.
    Cassta, Breanna and Geroblue like this.