Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by ttobey, Sep 16, 2020.
Shodan in Kimono and Hakama Pants
I would say we probably won't do full on circular robes. They don't animate well with our characters, especially on mounts.
Things from in game:
-The dresses the Yrzu wear available for players.
-The top that Devona Ironforge, the Qeynos Crafting Trainer wears in the Ironforge Exchange (not the skirt, ugh).
-The Whistling Fist monk outfits.
-Unhilynd's armor in BoL.
-The trouser versions of the formal ensembles/outfits, such as those on the City Fest vendors, for females. May as well make the dress version available for males, so people can look up their name and address, too. (Really, remove gender restrictions on all clothing and let us choose which version we want to wear.)
Things not in game:
-A full set of Pink armor using the same color pink as the cherry blossom sofas, not hot pink, but girly pink. Plate, Chain,
Leather and Cloth styles, or a plate appearance style wearable by anyone like the Bloodline Chronicles armor.
-The original Armor of Bliss style of breastplate with the straps or similar for both males and females (give males a BP not naked chest) as seen in this thread: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/brawler-gis-what-happened.591229/
-Some new hats with similar styles to the Hoo'Loh's Thuggish Hat (sans mask), Hoo'Loh's Mournful/Plumed Hat, fedora, bowler, boater, panama, newsboy hats wearable by anyone.
-This type of pirate outfit: https://www.renderhub.com/aleska/pirate-outfit as opposed to the colorful things we've been getting.
-Plain windows without stained glass or floaty things on the panes.
Can't edit anymore, but one thing I do NOT want to see any more of is patchworks or reskins of patchworks, like the lion mount. Reskin some other mount types if you have to don't have time for new mounts.
For every character one person dislikes there's always another person that loves it! That's the way it goes. I know of a few I worked on that I always think how does anyone like this thing! haha
Some shorter pants would be nice, The only things males can wear for that is a kilt or the what I assume is bugged mage Luclin pants that doesn't show anything but the outer part of the robe.
Something like swimwear/beach shorts. Nothing that is skimpy at all
true so true ttobey , but I think even people that like patchwork mounts ( me ) had enough besides maybe a patchwork bunny
They could easily imitate the Whistling Fists monk outfits with the Tears of Veeshan gis.
Amusingly enough, the original Armor of Bliss can currently be seen on SARNAKS who wear the Abyssal Vanguard Leather Gi that tailors can make. You can see that it's clearly a low-resolution graphic that was never refined.
I just checked this out. Some weapons I'm looking at look ok and some are as you said. Unfortunately this means they were adjusted on the weapons and not the player skeleton, so there's no way to go through every weapon and fix this one. Sorry!
No worries, at least we now know it's based on the item and not the animation skeleton.
I will let Gnobrin know so when he's making new weapons, he can check and make sure they are good going forward.
Sirwal, or, as people here call them, "harem pants"
I'm definitely gonna second the bit about kilt and loincloth-esqe garments? I'd especially like to see shendyt! maybe nemes or atef-themed themed headgear too...since the Shissar and the Sul'dal have them!
Hi Everyone ! I don't know if it goes in the thread, but let's see ! In house, we have the "actor crate" to put all the appareance items we want. Is it possible to have the same with mount ? Because some mounts are very rare, I prefer to keep them on the toon and use them. But with a mount crate, everybody can have a look at them ! Like this one, for example : https://ibb.co/kxqFXB1
I make lampworked glass beads, and some come out looking like poop to my eye, but you know, someone always buys them!
Harem pants would definitely not work with our characters. They would be a mess.
Aw well! Kinda figured, but never know until I ask
But kilt-like things could definitely work, and as we've seen, people shelled out real money for them!
Lots of people would go for THIS look:
The Roman Legionary look would also be popular:
The Greek hoplite look would also be big:
Yeah kilts work. They don't work great but they work. We only have two joint infuences per vertice, so all the geometry between the legs starts to look really bad as the legs rotate out and away from each other.
Most of the other stuff I'd like actually already exists in game, but in some form that isn't particularly accessible beyond me going to whatever zone it's in to lust after it.
Housing & House items:
- An actual peafowl; as a mount or a plushie, or even a fluff pet (This does not physically exist in-game, although the Peacock Club timeline mentions peacock eggs so I mean....evidently they exist....or existed, at some point, so let's see 'em!)
- Maj'dul npcs as house plushies or house actors, or something to that effect!
- The Anashti Sul painting in the Fountain of Life as a house item:
- One of the pools from the Living Tombs (like the one you can fall into near where you first enter the zone, but smaller) as a house item if possible! (Although the pools are pretty chombly, so I could see it being a size issue for sure, and even moreso if it's not separable from the zone's floor.)
- Either a Court of Tears-themed player house, a Fountain of Life-themed player house, or a Golden Scepter-themed player house. (A plain ol' Silent City or Living Tombs house would be ideal imo, but a) that'd be utterly enormous plus all the climbywalls making it fairly non-feasible and b) I think i'm the only person who'd really be in the market for that heh)
- More mummy illusions (e.g. similar to Rahotep and the Fyr Priestesses, etc.) preferably if they're able to ride mounts like the NOTD one; if not then that's totally ok! ( ; v ; ) Look, I'm a goofy RPer, I just love them...
- ^ By that vein, a non-mummified/wrapped Anaz Mal gnoll illusion would be nice too:
- Shissar illusion
- Siren illusion
- Lamia illusion
- Wraith illusion (like the amazing plushie that's gonna drop during NOTD this year)
- Chickens....more chickens please...you blessed us at tinkerfest....I don't care if it's an npc, clicky, merc, fluff pet, familiar or plushie...just gimmie the c h i k o n s
And that's really all, aside from a few other misc. DoF furniture items that would be nice to see, but I'm not too concerned about. I will now hush and let the masters meditate....
I wouldn't mind seeing a wider range of actions added to house actors.
There have been NPCs such as the monks at the Silent Fist Dojo who have been in a perpetual state of combat since the game started. It'd be fun to set up house actors into combat stance so I can have two brawlers sparring against each other... or at least give them some sort of attack animation beyond a forward kick.
Separate names with a comma.