Art Suggestions/Requests

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by ttobey, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Obzidian Lore Lover & Innoruuk Enthusiast

New hair colors, tattoos and hair styles.
    When you put in newer races like the Freeblood or the Cae'Dal, you gave them other races hair styles. That would be lovely but I'd also like to see some new ones.
    Why can't a dark elf have butterflies in her hair? Why can't a gnome dye her hair vibrant purple? Etc.
    Also, glasses! I'd love to have a hat item that was monocles or spectacles. It'd be great.
  2. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Eh, he already explained why new hairstyles or sharing hairstyles probably wasn't going to happen unfortunately.
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

walks in to the thread , brushes away some cobwebs and a giant spider :eek:.
    Tiptoes around the place only to get startled by a disembodied tentacle .
    heehlo ? hello ? HELLOOOOOO ?
    The tentacle wiggles in to a corner .
    Half an inch thick dust covers everything .
    I,I ,I got a request :oops: oops trips over a rubber model of a 12 legged mount that looks like a bloated guppy .
    A floor board squeaks under Butterflies foot , a bat sails by making some shrill shrieking sounds.
    Looks all around abandoned thread , I would like to ask if we could get those Fay deer from the Fay Grotto of the Moonlight Enchantment to scale a little bigger so they are closer to the size of a real deer .
    It's weird to have deer being the size of a house cat , but I guess they go nicely with that tiny griffon tower .
    iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiykes slips on an old pizza that has green fuzz all over it , and the fuzz try's to grab me .
    Takes one last look around and runs for the hills .
  4. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

cough cough, waves the dust away from his or her face

I agree. I REALLY want that deer to be more life size relative to my character.

And the griffon tower. Would be really awesome if I could enlarge that to life size to place in the Vale of Half Pint Delight or on the Storm Tower Isle.
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I made a little tabloid with the Griffin tower and the tiny deer on one single rock inside one of my houses .
    I mean the plushies are fawns , but where are the does and the stags are just as small .
    Inside the Fay Grotto the deer are normal sized .
    Rifuul and Breanna like this.
  6. Rifuul Anashti's Goon Squad

Invading this thread once again! This one isn't so much a request for entirely new art -- rather, it is a request to see the return of certain item appearances!!

Since I've been made aware that several DoV items which I'd been farming with a bloodthirsty passion had apparently been inadvertently removed from DoV loot tables long ago, I'd like to see a return of them -- much in the way we've seen with the appearances of the new Vasty Deep gear. (I want to see different items but with the same graphics, if that makes sense?)

That'd be the graphics for the Shadowmeld Gi (originally from the corrupt Primal Velium Breastplate container) and for Faber's Iced Chestguard of Dominance (from the Superannuated Breastplate container. the Ettinhide Leather Chestwrap that came from the Crystallized Spidersilk Breastplate container has the same appearance.)

[IMG]]
    [IMG]
    Schmetterling likes this.
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I really dig the neckline of that Iced Chestguard , I would like the same look for other classes .
    We need more fur in this game .
    Breanna and Geroblue like this.
  8. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

I agree they are probably the creepiest model in game (gave me the shudders first time I saw them lol), but to play devil's advocate here...
    How about curling accouple of those tentacles around the player model? Could use the player stance of the new crafting mount so the eyeball just carries players around by the wrists. Could make one creepy zone having evil eyes kidnap people or just nabbing NPCs and carrying them off to eat. >.> Now I'm gonna have nightmares...
  9. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

10. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

I'd like to see;

Wing mount repaints that have owl and eagle/hawk/kestrel colors and markings

aviak and hooluk masks

some way to fly on non-flying mounts. There are some gorgeous non-flying mounts that would sell far better if they could fly some how. (I know the animations aren't there for flying on land mounts, but someone mentioned sparkles, kinda like that horse that runs around the sky on cinders and sparks?)

Tinkered space station!

A circus event? Hear me out here. XD A zone that is a (possibly creepy?) circus (Kinda thinking old horror circus/carnival movies) that has a randomly appearing clickable fog entrance that can appear anywhere in the game. Maybe a normal circus in Qeynos zones and a creepy one in Freeport aligned zones. >.> An alien one for the moon? that might be wayyy to much...
    any who...
    *mini games inside with plushies to win. Like, ugly knockoffs of old plushies, but some nice ones too. Elephants, chickens, gorillas, rats, rhinos, pretty much a menagerie from in-game models
    *fight the strong man for the hammer weapon raid
    *bearded dwarf woman fortune teller could tell where the zone entrance will pop up next if you beat her in a dual
    *If you beat everything you can get a circus tent (red and yellow stripes) that will port you to the zone without having to find the entrance
    *a claw machine that gives buff and illusion items (illusions from the zone)
    *New appearances like clown makeup and outfits, handlebar moustaches, etc...
    *Fiji mermaid creatures. That'd show those Evil Eyes who's creepy!
    *monkies with little red jackets
    *bears on tricycles
    *Trained ducks doing card tricks
    *Lucan Dunk Tank! (or dual dunk tank with Lucan and Bayle?)

Ok... So what they eat gives them gas and they are actually jet powered? The wings are just rudders!
    Hartay likes this.
  11. Rifuul Anashti's Goon Squad

[IMG]
    Been desperately hoping to get the Ruby Serpentine Headpiece for years now, but no luck. :(

Really hoping that this item will return. I think it used to be an LoN-specific item, although I've looked through the LoN packs on the marketplace and I'm pretty sure they don't offer this as a potential reward. I think it would be really cool to re-introduce this item (or something with this same appearance graphic) as a buyable appearance item during Erollisi Day or the Scorched Sky Festival!

[IMG]
    Griffon Lady, Breanna and Geroblue like this.
  12. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

I'd still love to see a 3d version of the paperdolll screenshots of our characters or some way of ordering or printing our characters. I know the bits n bobs make that difficult, but there's always a way. ^_^ You dev peeps are smart. You can do it!
    Geroblue likes this.
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I wish we could output them to SourceForge specs.
    Griffon Lady likes this.
  14. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Unfortunately our models aren't all put together. The engine does that.
    Tkia and Breanna like this.
  15. cellinaire Well-Known Member

Can we have Vhenex model introduced as a celestial merc (for Season 5)? Would also really, really love if future marketplace mercs stop using the jail(gallery I mean) zone for display.

+ will there be 'appearance slot/system' for mercenaries in the future?
    Twyla and Griffon Lady like this.
  16. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I remember you mentioning that its bits and pieces. Not grouped ? Of course, I have no idea about that.
  17. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

There's the bits n bobs of the head, I think (ever seen the camera go in your toon's head? Dentures and eyeballs n stuff?)
    Also, ever seen a bit of armor glitch out? Some stuff you can see where the arms don't actually connect to the torso. That kinda stuff.
    Still, I wonder if there's a way to program a snap shot system that takes sort of an inverted image of the empty space in a cube, reads the textures remaining, and takes that as the object, making the pieces one whole as long as they overlap a bit/aren't completely floating. Then add sprues for support some how. Not sure if that would be an automated process or if players would be given a tool for that.

Ok, now I'm curious about something. You know those aura effects in game? How do you guys keep them from making ripples/outlines of individual pieces of armor? I've seen them outline invisible pieces of cloaks, but I've never seen a boot or torso with it's own ripple where it meets the rest of the character/armor. (Sorry. I used to ask in Q&A, but my questions usualy got a short/sarcastic non-answer, or they threw the paper. >.<)
    Geroblue likes this.
  18. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Yup, I've seen the teeth and eyeballs a few times. Typically for me in close quarters when I'm trying to gather/harvest, and I cannot zoom out.in 3rd person view.
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I've been barking up this tree for a very long time now. One of the devs told me that it'd be easier to look forward to repurposing the art assets for future gear than to simply put the old gear back into the loot table-- even if it was accidentally or mysteriously removed in the first place during a patch. The good news though, is that I already have had some success in getting the Gi of the Eternal Battlefield and one other from Drunder repurposed into two of the Dreadspawn gis in the Toil and Trouble zones.
    Geroblue likes this.
  20. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Odd. I was going to ask for the rest of the armor set (or at least legs and arms) that looked like Queen's Carapace, which I remembered looking somewhat like oxidized titanium, that metallic blue green purple oil slick kind of color scheme, but when I looked at the item it was pink and purple. o.0
    \aITEM 790872171 -1827781541:Queen's Carapace\/a
    I'd love to see an armor set with the old blue green purple appearance. Even though it was leather, I used to wear it on my guardian (pre-appearance slot days) when I was running around town. lol
    Geroblue likes this.