Art Suggestions/Requests

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by ttobey, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Kaennara Member

I do know there is a helmet from one of the RoS researcher merchants in fordel midst now. Reconnaissance helmet or something.
  2. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

How did this thread escape me...
    *fires up mspaint*

brb.
    Griffon Lady, Breanna and Geroblue like this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I'd like copies of Mithaniel Marr's helm and armor.

Actual Viking helms... well, only ONE survived to the present, the Gjermundbu helm, and there were no Viking Age helms with horns or wings. That doesn't mean paladins don't NEED winged helms!

In the near vicinity are Mith Marr's helm (much like Gjermundby, with wings; there's a helm that has a little boar on top and horns (without the horns this would be a very nice early Germanic helm) and there are assorted helms with horns (if you have ever watched bulldogging at the rodeo, then you will know why actual warriors didn't wear helms with horns!)
    Riverbear, Breanna and Cassta like this.
  4. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Saw a documentary on Vikings years ago. The director of the Viking Museum in Oslo specifically addressed this: 1) they went a viking, and 2) no helms have been found with horns on them. He was rather understatedlly upset by false information about the Norse being widespread.

According to Ancestry, I apparently have some Scandinavian ancestors.
    Breanna likes this.
  5. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Personally, I don't think we have to worry if the helmets have horns. This is a fantasy game.
  6. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

horned helmets are garment of deceaseds. in real world they were worn by those who robbed someone's graves as well as shamans of some tribes who worshiped evil spirits (during rituals)..
    (i don’t think it has any other meaning in any of fantasy worlds.. because characters of these worlds are motivated by same circumstances as characters of real world)
    ed: and this is observed exactly this way in game skyrim..
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Rivenly Well-Known Member

Can we have a sleeping Xygoz plushie for the next Heroes Festival? I really need one to put on the foot of my bed!
    Mezaka, Lera, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  8. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I'm still hoping to get house plushie models of all the rest of the pantheon of gods. Quellious, Erollisi Marr, Innoruuk, Cazic Thule, Saryrn, Terris Thule, Morrel Thule, Varig Ro, Druzzil Ro, Rallos Zek, Ullkorruuk, Brell Serilis, Bolgin Serilis, Bristlebane, Anashti Sul, Bertoxxulous, The Tribunal, and Karana don't have house versions yet.

I wonder how hard it is to actually code and make a house plushie version?
    Breanna and Geroblue like this.
  9. Lera Well-Known Member

With or without pants?
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Bellana New Member

Can we please have more deity items? Everyone else's altars look sad compared to all the tributes piled around Erollisi's altar in my house.
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Vikings did not have horns on their helmets , wonder who had that idea some times in the 20s or 30s when suddenly every Siegfried and every Brunhilda in Gotterdammerung had to wear a helmet with horns . If anything they might have had antlers as head gear for shamans , as one of their Gods had antlers .
    Geroblue and Breanna like this.
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I blame it on Bronze Age Celtic stuff. The Viking Age is Iron Age.
    [IMG]
    Geroblue, Breanna and Schmetterling like this.
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

lol those look like pips coming out of a boiler , kind of futuristic , and it looks like there are big eyes on the front kind of like an owls and a peak too , but one can see shapes in the clouds , so I don't know if I am just seeing things.
    Geroblue and Breanna like this.
  14. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

omg, I could post a semi colon on here and you guys would argue about it for 14 pages.
  15. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

16. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

please don't interfere with what you don't understand (also try on yourself what you drew on others):rolleyes:
    Breanna likes this.
  17. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

If you don't like horned helmets, don't wear them. Some people do.
    You know what else vikings didn't have in the real world? Winged Horses. Should we take them out too?
  18. Bludd Well-Known Member

that kinda looks like a kraken eye (bottom, a way away) and a tentacle coming right at me!

also dont take away our winged horses and meatbeasts
  19. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

(0)
    ;;;;;;;;
    this would be more of a Kraken.
    Schmetterling, Bludd and Breanna like this.
  20. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Nobody is suggesting that Norrath not have these things!