Art bug -- why Sarnak should never be nekkid

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ColbyJack, Feb 7, 2015.

1. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

I was previewing some of the Erollisi items, and previewed the Insurrection Armor crate. It's... um... certainly a look? On a male Sarnak (no female Sarnak to preview on) you get a snazzy front plate and everything else gets to hang out. Sarnak have the chickenest legs, do they even squat? Goodness. Anyway, it's definitely not a good look. Nekkid Ratonga - cute as hell. Nekkid Sarnak -- can I borrow your mace?

[IMG]

[IMG]

ps -- Sarnaks need to never skip leg day, and learn to squat.
  2. Maltaros Active Member

My Aerakyn got that same bug with the Thief of Love set off the Erolisi merchant. Not the most attractive look. *smile*
  3. Bekkr Well-Known Member

People actually play Sarnaks?
  4. Katanallama Well-Known Member

[IMG]

My sarnak :3
    Kraeref, HaphazardAllure and Charlice like this.
  5. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

I got all happy thinking I could have my ratongas naked again, but doesn't work :(.
  6. Xianthia Well-Known Member

@Katanallama - I don't know wth I'm looking at... a flying frog? creature from the black lagoon with an updated helm on? Sarnak didn't come to mind :p:p
    Prrasha and Katanallama like this.
  7. Prrasha Well-Known Member

I was unaware that Dark Helmet had a larval stage.
    Palarran likes this.
  8. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

Yeah... I tend to play some of the races that not even a mother could love.
    :(
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  9. Corydonn Well-Known Member

Why would you report this!
  10. Estred Well-Known Member

To be honest, Sarnak are nothing more than a Human model that has been flattened out and horridly stretched. Their anatomy is terribly janky which is why I only like my Sarnaks in Robes and Bulky-Platemail.
    [IMG]
    For example. Sadly... the "afraid" emote that makes Sarnak stand upright kinda makes their left eye "derp" a bit. This is why Sarnak are a nightmare to work with animation wise or model wise. Truth be told they are built terribly. Looking in depth from a technical standpoint, Sarnak are a juryrig with duct-tape holding the joints together.
  11. Syatar New Member

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    Enjoy!
    Charlice and Kraeref like this.
  12. Zacatl Coatl New Member

[IMG]

Since my return in game pre-aom, there's a new bug with the combine armor on sarnaks. The plate can be seen trough the trousers at the top of the legs. NPC are affected too.[IMG]
  13. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

Oh god, I think I'm gonna be sick :confused:

No, but seriously, there are a few races that should never be nude, and Sarnak is definitely one. I'll take the weirdness of janky clothing, thanks.
    Now Ratonga/Iksar/Kerra? Sure, let them bare it all!
  14. Katz Well-Known Member

Cannot be unseen. o_O
    Charlice likes this.
  15. Estred Well-Known Member

That would be because they are relatively "normal" lol. Sarnak are deformed.
  16. Charlice Well-Known Member

I keep coming back to this thread just for the lolz. I hope it's NEVER fixed. ;)
    ShaggyBodom likes this.
  17. Estred Well-Known Member

It will, every time it's happened it get's fixed. Even far aside cases like 1 random very old BP not showing was fixed. I believe it was a Flame Curiass from that underground city area in Fallen Dynasties.