Armour/shields

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-Algie, Nov 24, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Algie Guest

Hi all,

planning on going Warden at 20 but can't seem to find a list of what armour/shield use we get then. I just got a nice round shield that I can't use as a druid, but was wondering if its worth holding onto, as I'm sure I could use round shields as a priest before level 10.

Also, do we stick with light armour? Thanks in advance for the info.
  2. ARCHIVED-Kyralis Guest

All druids stick with light armor, and we continue our rather poor handling of shields, sadly. I've been using two handers lately rather than worrying about a shield.
  3. ARCHIVED-Algie Guest

Thanks for the info :)

If anyone else has an opinion on using a buckler/one-hander or a two-hander, I'd be interested to here it. I expect i'll try both.
  4. ARCHIVED-intoranat Guest

I use a sword and a tome for stats. Even with the highest DPS weapon we could use, we're not making a dent in damage, so go with what gives you the most stat. Carrying 2 items gives more stats than 2 handers.
  5. ARCHIVED-Branix Guest

Hmmmm, that's a very very good point. I'm going to have to think about this one.
  6. ARCHIVED-Kyralis Guest

Two items only sometimes gives more stats than one, depending on the items you can find available. My Staff of Power isn't really so bad for stats, frankly.

Also, don't be so quick to dismiss our damage potential, especially when soloing. I *definitely* notice when I'm not attacking in a group or solo situation, amazingly enough. Sure I'm not a fighter or a scout, but those hits for 15ish add up faster than you'd think over the course of a fight.
  7. ARCHIVED-Merendel Guest

curently I'm useing the staff I got for compleating my warden quest. nice buffs and prety good dammage compaired to what else we have avalible. as for armor prety much everything I'm wearing was quested. working on the lvl 20 armor quest now and the pieces I have got are realy nice.
  8. ARCHIVED-Algie Guest

Thanks once more for the useful info :)
  9. ARCHIVED-neblehK Guest

Yes, don't dismiss that melee damage. First of all, one of the advantages of wolf form is the extra attack (vicious bite) and I'd rather that and all of my attacks be going off for 8-18 over 2-8. I don't think of my melee as main damage at all, instead I think of it as a 3rd DOT that stacks with Stinging Swarm and Cold Snap while my main damage is being done through DD spells like Frost. I do consider a 2hander an upgrade to that "melee DOT" over a 1hander.
  10. ARCHIVED-shtychkn2 Guest

I dropped my tomb (+4 int, +4Wis) & my Mace (+3 agi, +4str (i think)) for the warden staff... I lost about 10 points in my average nuke... but my dmg went fro, 2 - 7 to 6 - 20 ? On average i am hitting for 14 dmg... seeing as I Hit a lot more then I nuke im liking the extra dmg...
  11. ARCHIVED-intoranat Guest

Well 2 Handers is alot slower than 1 Hander.

In a Wolf Form you really want to hit as many times as possible to have increase chances of triggering your special proc and/or the extra attack. Even tho it's less damage, but 1 hander hits many many more times over the course of the battle and you have that many more chances for your proc or the extra attack to go off compare to a 2 handed weapon.

Also think about this 1 handed weapon could hit about twice as fast as 2 handed weapon, if the 2 handed missed then you have to wait that much longer for next hit.

**EXAMPLE**

One Handed weapon:
    hits for 4 damage
    hits for 4 damage

Two Handed weapon:
    hits for 8 damage

BUT what if I get parry, missed or blocked?

One Handed weapon:
    hits for 4 damage
    Blocked

Two Handed weapon:
    Blocked

See how I just lost the whole attack using 2 handed weapon? With one handed, atleast I got half my attack damage in.
    Message Edited by intoranat on 11-29-2004 06:14 PM
  12. ARCHIVED-shtychkn2 Guest

Your only looking at one round... If you get blocked 50% of the time then the dmg = the same... & Assuming that 1 handed is twice as fast as 2 handed...
  13. ARCHIVED-intoranat Guest

But you still missed my first point... You want to attack many times for the chances of extra attacks and procs. I'm not going to fight with you, I'm just saying why I choose 1 handed over 2 handed. I'm sure it's beneficial the other way too, but please list your side of view.